Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th October 2009, 17:33   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Stepped into a TATA showroom to check Indica Vista for my Father-in-Law. And there saw this beauty standing alone acquiring the first place on the display. The front chrome grill was looking awesome and as I moved to the back, it stunned me more. Clear back makes Linea look more beautiful.
Sachin i'm also planning to buy linea Emotion for my father could you provide me with a little ownership review having some pros and cons of car. BTW your car looks gr8 in White colour.
Travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 21:35   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Sachin i'm also planning to buy linea Emotion for my father could you provide me with a little ownership review having some pros and cons of car. BTW your car looks gr8 in White colour.
+1,
Sachin,
Me too planning to buy a C seg car shortly and it will be between Linea or anhc. Hows the pickup of the car?
As your car is of a newer batch, did you face any problem or niggles as they say like rattles etc?
Raj2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 11:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2402 View Post
+1,
Sachin,
Me too planning to buy a C seg car shortly and it will be between Linea or anhc. Hows the pickup of the car?
As your car is of a newer batch, did you face any problem or niggles as they say like rattles etc?
Hi Raj
My Linea is a July manufacture. Till today I do not have any rattles or squeaks, no gaps in glove compartment, nor have chrome strips fallen off. The bonnet release lever did fall off but now they have a modified lever. The wipers needed some adjustment. I have a petrol, And no it is not underpowered. After 1000kms, the engine really opens up. You do need to get used to the short 1st and 2nd gears.

That being said, the features really make you smile. Not to mention the solid build, ride, handling and looks. Incidentally, I drove an NHC before I switched to the Linea.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 15:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Hi Raj
My Linea is a July manufacture. Till today I do not have any rattles or squeaks, no gaps in glove compartment, nor have chrome strips fallen off. The bonnet release lever did fall off but now they have a modified lever. The wipers needed some adjustment. I have a petrol, And no it is not underpowered. After 1000kms, the engine really opens up. You do need to get used to the short 1st and 2nd gears.
Not to mention the solid build, ride, handling and looks. Incidentally, I drove an NHC before I switched to the Linea.
Wow. Honda to Fiat, wasnt it a tough decision?
I have no doubts on the engine, some may call it underpowered but i found the 1.4 engine to my taste. It was adequate for me atleast, the way i drive.
Am not an enthu driver.
So you faced none of the issues- thats amazing that fiat has handled and solved all problems now.

90% it will be a Linea- rest 10% it can be a anhc. Will make up my mind soon.
Raj2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 17:52   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Honda to Fiat, wasnt it a tough decision?
I have no doubts on the engine, some may call it underpowered but i found the 1.4 engine to my taste. It was adequate for me atleast, the way i drive.
Am not an enthu driver.
So you faced none of the issues- thats amazing that fiat has handled and solved all problems now.

90% it will be a Linea- rest 10% it can be a anhc. Will make up my mind soon.
The tough decision was to replace a car that had done only 24,000 Kms. The decision from Honda to Fiat wasn't. I had a Fiat Siena 1.6 before the NHC and loved it. I did not have any experience of bad Fiat A** even before it went to Tata, and had 4 years of Tata A** with an Indica earlier. Nothing great but not bad either. And it is much better now ( You can see my thread).On ride, handling, features, easy entry-exit to driver's seat there is just no comparison between Linea and Honda. I am a sedate driver too, but have tried to test the pick-up of the Linea. I find it more than adequate. And as I said earlier, after 1000 Kms, it is even better.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 19:08   #96
BHPian

I have a June MJD Linea, none of the niggles reported in the forum are present any more. Go ahead and buy it. My car had a slight gap in the glove box that got fixed by adjusting the alignment. Once I got a rattling sound but that was after fitting leather covers to the seats nothing to do with the car itself. Go ahead with the Linea you will not regret the decision.
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 17:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
Thanks Travel bug.
You may go through the complete review of my car on Page 1 it will definately help you.

Quote:
+1,
Sachin,
Raj.

Pickup of the Car is OK. Not very good not very bad. Again its a personal opinion. There is an initial lag which is present in almost all diesel cars. Even the newly lauched Cruz with 2.0 ltr engine has it. Once the car is above 2000 RPM its a rocker. I have inflated the tyres with Nitrogen that makes car even more lighter then before.

No Rattling noise so far. Car is going smooth. I have not yet faced any issues with the car. Touchwood

Last edited by nicesachin : 13th October 2009 at 17:23.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 17:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Sad Sachin. The thriving grey market is responsible for this. First it was badges, and now RVMs.
I wish if the thief would have been a little smart. He would have understood that there is no way he can take off that mirror unbroken from outside. One of the screw on the mirror doesnt have a Openable head. Better I write on the body cover with the Paint " Mirror of this car can not be taken off without breakage. Please dont waste your time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sachin

Use body cover. I used to use it. Whenever for whatever reason I did not put it on the car, 2 times the badge got stolen
Amit my car is always covered with the body cover but still Its easy to lift the cover from any of the side and do the damage.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:05   #99
BHPian

Mates

I have just discovered how get a good mileage out of my Linea Epk MJD. and Now I am quiet sure that I will not get anytihng less the 30 Km/l on a highway run.

This week I have got a mileage of 21.5 & 24.9 respectively on two consecutive days during my drive from North delhi to Noida. Distance 35 Kms one way. Pls note AC was off during this run. In delhi the weather is changing now.

Also I understand that there comes a Linea body cover for about 1500/- with the FIAT logo on the front. Any Idea where can we get that cover. I was given a cheap cover as a freebie by the dealer with the cost of Rs 500/-
Old 28th October 2009, 13:41   #100
BHPian

[quote=nicesachin;1553116]Mates

I have just discovered how get a good mileage out of my Linea Epk MJD. and Now I am quiet sure that I will not get anytihng less the 30 Km/l on a highway run.

This week I have got a mileage of 21.5 & 24.9 respectively on two consecutive days during my drive from North delhi to Noida. Distance 35 Kms one way. Pls note AC was off during this run. In delhi the weather is changing now.

Have you got some trick kya? Do let us also no the trick.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 11:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Mates

Also I understand that there comes a Linea body cover for about 1500/- with the FIAT logo on the front. Any Idea where can we get that cover. I was given a cheap cover as a freebie by the dealer with the cost of Rs 500/-
Hi! You can go for the Fiat supplied body cover "WHITE TYVEK CAR COVER" with Part No. as '59089374'. I got it in Rs. 2680 from my dealer only.
And now I also get about 19.5Km/l FE on highways in my Linea MJD E+ at average speedd of 70 Km/h, i.e. when I am cruising between 100-110 Km/h speed.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 12:57   #102
BHPian

[quote=Prash;1553204]
Quote:
Mates

Have you got some trick kya? Do let us also no the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Sachin, share the secret please !!!
No Secrets mate. Even you can get these figures if you own Diesel Linea. Just keep the RPM limited to 1750 -- Max 1900. Maintain a steady speed of about 60 to 70 Kmph. Drive smart and avoid traffic jams and too many red lights.

I dont push the accelerator much just change the gear when you want to increase the speed. You might not like controlled drive but you will get good mileage figures.
Old 21st November 2009, 08:59   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I wish if the thief would have been a little smart. He would have understood that there is no way he can take off that mirror unbroken from outside. One of the screw on the mirror doesnt have a Openable head. Better I write on the body cover with the Paint " Mirror of this car can not be taken off without breakage. Please dont waste your time"
Nice one Nicesachin.

Quote:
Mates

Were the windows rolled down on these runs? I'm asking coz I read an article in some auto mag which stated that using AC makes the engine's performance deficient by about 4-5% and, at 80 km/h with the windows rolled down the deficiency is about 7-8% because of the extra aerodynamic drag! So the point was that it is more economical to run the AC than driving with the windows rolled down when driving at high speeds.

[quote=nicesachin;1555026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post

No Secrets mate. Even you can get these figures if you own Diesel Linea. Just keep the RPM limited to 1750 -- Max 1900. Maintain a steady speed of about 60 to 70 Kmph. Drive smart and avoid traffic jams and too many red lights.

I dont push the accelerator much just change the gear when you want to increase the speed. You might not like controlled drive but you will get good mileage figures.
My view is to be around 2K rpm and around 80 km/h to extract the max mileage. Anyway try using the instantaneous mileage trip for some time on a steady speed. I guess that should give a fairly correct figure.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 09:39   #104
BHPian

Driver side windows were rolled down. And Yes mileage does get reduced with AC on. Also I read it on one of the post by Amit (Vahan Pujari) That mileage is reduced If you have most of your electronic components on while drivng (eg, head lights, fog lights etc) I dont understand the reason Why ?

Here are some Mileage figures with AC off. This distance is covered during day time and with in Delhi city.
Attached Thumbnails
Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img0002b.jpg  

Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img0004a.jpg  

Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img0003a.jpg  

Old 21st November 2009, 11:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Also I read it on one of the post by Amit (Vahan Pujari) That mileage is reduced If you have most of your electronic components on while drivng (eg, head lights, fog lights etc) I dont understand the reason Why ?
The reason for that is that all the electrical items and accessories draw power from battery (some draw power directly from the alternator). Now the battery needs charging also otherwise it'll run dry in no time. So this where the alternator comes in. It is driven off the engine and eats up the engine power the same way as the AC compressor does. The more electrical items on -> the more charging the battery requires -> the more load on alternator as it needs to provide more current to the battery for charging -> the more power it requires -> the more engine power it saps. Simple.

So yes if you can switch off unnecessary electrical items, then do so by all means and save energy. For eg- I see a lot of people driving with both the headlamps and fog lamps on even when there is no fog. Now the fog lamps are 55W each, that means a wasteage of 110W of energy.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote