Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd September 2009, 20:31   #46
BHPian

congratulations! dropped Swift VDi and picked GP, awesome, all these experiences are pushing me further towards picking up GP (currently I own a Swift VDi)
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 18:29   #47
BHPian

Default Service Intervals

I have heard Punto has very long service intervals. Can you share details about this?
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 13:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I have heard Punto has very long service intervals. Can you share details about this?

Yes Dear,

Thats correct

First Service 3000 km (3 months) which ever earlier

Second Service 15000 kms (12 months)

Third Service 30000 kms (24 months)

2 year unlimited kms all covered warranty
SamtheLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 14:38   #49
BHPian

Default 9000 kms 4 months .. going good!!!!

Time Flies, certainly it does.

Today when I saw GTO's thread about Punto, i thought to check on my car's status & their you go. It has already been 9000kms & 4 months. It all seems like yesterday.

Never mind will give a detailed feedback of all these time asap
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:35   #50
BHPian

Sorry Guys could not update the thread as promised above & again time flies.

It has been 6 months & the car has done 11,000 kms to be precise. So i hope this will be one of the first Punto to go for Second service.

Till Now it has been a dream drive except few hiccups (which are sure on Indian Roads )

Issues which have come till now

1. Scratch on sides (both as kids play in my locality )
2. Front screen washer jets not focussing properly , have been set 3 times still an issue ( need another check up)
3. Rear trolley hinge broken by A.S.S
4. Rear Wiper Blade broken by A.S.S
5. Both front glases got stuck

Let me explain in detail point 3 ,4 & 5

Rear Trolley Hinge / Rear Wiper Broken : It was the first service time & the service was booked by my wifey, a driver came to pick & all was well as per time. Then around 7 pm (it was little dark) the car was deliverd back. Next day when I check to my horror Rear wiper is bladeless & has a screw against the glass, i feel like this is going to create a big scratch. Also when we try to put something in the boot we see that the tray trapping threads to the rear door are removed. when I try to plugin the tray is totally dislodged & then I figure that the tray hinge (on which the tray rests) is broken. We immediately log a complaint with A.S.S. Next day receive a call from supervisor, saaar we have not done anything, you should have checked then etc etc. I say it was night & couldnt check.
Next day another supervisor calls & after a long discussion he agrees that we should have inspected. Now the waiting game starts. Every time we call them they say that the part is not there & it is in transit. A month pass away, 2 given dates are gone. One day my wife calls & the call is picked by a new receptionist who reveal the same part has already come twice & sold.

So She takes the mail address of the CRM from the A.S.S & I write a good detailed mail to which, a lady promptly calls me & after discussion we were called on saturday & both parts were then replaced though on two seperate visits. Not to mention both were shown as owners warranty to Fiat & not there issue.

Both front glases got stuck : One fine day me & wifey again, going to a restaurant to have dinner & suddenly the passenger glasss stuck, not the glass is half open & half closed, could not park & could not do anything. call up the supervisor, he tell to come tomorrow as it was night. Cancel the plan come home & do the same Chimta stuff which I did with the Drivers side glass. it starts working, next day car goes for checkup. They do routine check & oil etc & say nothing wrong. We tried to argue but no ways.
4 days & WHOA it again got stuck, i call this guy & tell I am going for a meeting if my car gets stolen you will buy me a new one. He gets message & immediately agrees to replace the Lifiting assembly of both the doors for front glasses.
2 months since no issues.

Good parts :

1. Excellent drive, stability as good as any beats Honda city
2. Gives me an mileage of 22-23 on highway & 16.5 - 18 in city
3. Amazing looks & feel still there

If I had to rate this out of 10 then till now i will rate overall expereince as 8 out of 10 , I am absolutely satisfied with Punto.

Feel free to ask / add to the discussion
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:01   #51
BHPian

Nice 11K review. Next time you face any issue, write mail directly to Fiat instead of service center. Fiat should be aware of every issue, so that they can take neccessary action to resolve.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 00:10   #52
BHPian

Good report SamtheLeo. I guess Anshuman is beating both of us to the 15k mark. Mine has done 12k. Enjoy the bold new drive!

BTW, which A.S.S is this?
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:20   #53
BHPian

It is from ABS motors Gurgaon. But overall I would rate them 7 out of 10 for their quality, which is good by my ratings.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:10   #54
BHPian

average 100 kms per day for 25 working days, 4 months continuously !!!. worth appreciating !! keep touring...
toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 21:30   #55
BHPian

@ toms : Latest is 11000 in Six months & also not forgetting that this is my secondary drive