Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th November 2009, 19:21   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Holy cow!!! the dealer cheated me in broad day light. he kept referring to the spoiler as original one worth Rs. 8K. OMG, now i remember, he even charged me an additonal Rs. 2K, and said that he can give it to me only for Rs. 6K, and i need to pay the balance - which i happily did.
any idea what can i do now?
Thats Atrocious! I doubt if the sales person can do such a thing without the dealership knowing. you should indeed report this matter to Ford. God knows what other duplicate parts they could be selling. Maybe, you should ask the dealership innocently about the spoiler and if they say that it is a Original spoiler, then donot refrain from reporting the matter directly to Ford.
JackTheCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 19:23   #197
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, please write an email to Ford service. They need to know that dealers are cheating customers in their name.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 20:38   #198
BHPian

Ashish@ I think you shoudn't not ask for replacement because the LED spoiler is already fitted on your car with screws. If you go for replacement then not sure whether the holes will match with it or not?

Its better you ask them to pay the difference amount back!
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 12:03   #199
BHPian

Thanks all,

@ raamki - i have the invoice, but that doesn't mention abt the spoler, since it was offered as a freebie.

Suddenly, am started to feel sick abt all this. not sure what all is ungeniune in my car. The dealer had promised me beige floor mats, but he gave me black. He had also promised me beige pillow and neck rest, again he gave me black. i didnt create too much fuss at the time of delivery, since i felt these are not major issues - but now i am having second thoughts abt this.

Also, I paid Rs. 8.02 lacs for the car. Its been more than 1.5 month but I havent recd the following documents:

- RTO tax paid receipt
- Insurance policy
- RC book
- Extended warranty doc

for above documents, I have been following with the sales guy regularly but in vain.

Guys, should i talk to the sales guy or the dealership manager or directly shoot a mail to Ford? let me know.

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 12:17   #200
BHPian

Default Spolier

@kumar - sorry for hi-jacking ur thread. i realised it later on. am moving this issue to my thread (with some more details)...

thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 13:05   #201
Senior - BHPian

@ashishgandhi

Does this mean that you have been driving the car without RC (or atleast tax paid reciept) and Insurance (atleast insurance cover note). Better you go to the dealer, sit there and get alteast TAX PAID RECIEPT AND INSURANCE COVER NOTE- without these two documents you are supposed not to drive the car. 1.5 months is sufficient to get original Insurance policy.
RC. in some place it takes close to 2 months to get the original Rc.

Don't leave the guy. If necessary send a email, with copy to Ford putting all consequences on the dealer.
Thanks

Last edited by nairrk : 5th November 2009 at 13:09. Reason: post not complete
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 14:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Its been more than 1.5 month but I havent recd the following documents:

- RTO tax paid receipt
- Insurance policy
- RC book
- Extended warranty doc

for above documents, I have been following with the sales guy regularly but in vain.

Guys, should i talk to the sales guy or the dealership manager or directly shoot a mail to Ford? let me know.

Thanks
Ashish, stop following dumb sales guy, send e-mail and speak immediately to dealership manager, escalate the issue strongly, how they can hold RTO tax receipt, you should get it immediate after delivery, I am sure it is in their file, even they are liable to follow up Insurance policy as it was offered from their side, it should take max 15 to 20 days to deliver at your home, RC book do take minimum 45 days, regarding EW you would have got some papers from dealer as original will come from Ford.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 14:49   #203
BHPian

thanks rajesh / nairrk. i plan to visit this guy on saturday and get certain things sorted

thanks
Ashish
Old 5th November 2009, 14:51   #204
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, RC book typically takes 30-45 days depending on the RTO, but the other docs should have been handed to you at the time of delivery. Especially the RTO tax receipt and insurance. It is illegal to drive without at least these two docs in possession. Please talk to the GM of the dealership at once. I am not sure what the timeframe for EW would be, but since it comes from Ford directly, it could take time.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:04   #205
BHPian

ashish, if i were you, i'd only worry about the spoiler for the time being. Am sure the other documents will come eventually, (except for the tax paid receipt and the cover note for insurance that ideally should have been handed over to you @ the time of delivery of the vehicle).

talk to franky, he has been in touch with ford customer service over phone and email, he can give you some mailbox id's to contact. shoot an email and let them know about the issues (all), am sure they'll investigate the matter.

in the meantime, get a hold of a senior management fellow @ the dealership you purchased the car from and let them know about the duplicate part and the 2 documents.

see how it goes, don't lose heart pal! keep us updated!

Last edited by raamki : 5th November 2009 at 15:06.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:17   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Ashish, RC book typically takes 30-45 days depending on the RTO, but the other docs should have been handed to you at the time of delivery. Especially the RTO tax receipt and insurance. It is illegal to drive without at least these two docs in possession. Please talk to the GM of the dealership at once. I am not sure what the timeframe for EW would be, but since it comes from Ford directly, it could take time.
+
EW-sometime Ford despatch this to the dealer but they will not delay
(I got this within 10days- it came from Ford to my dealer who then forwarded it to me by courier). So, may be Ashish's dealer already got it?
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 16:46   #207
BHPian

I received my insurance well within 3 weeks and the tax paid reciept was given to me during delivery. Yes, as others say, till you receive the RC book, the Tax Paid reciept is the legal document of your car. So please get the same from your dealer immediately.
And yes, as raamki says, these things should be there for sure. So dont worry too much. Just ensure that you talk to the right person in the dealership and get the tax paid receipt and the Insurance cover note.
JackTheCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 18:39   #208
BHPian

@ashish - as raamki has right said the RTO receipt and insurance cover note was handed over at the time of deilvery. I got my RC "smart card" just under two months.
Driving without the corrects papers are a pain if the cops decide to do a spot check.
yajaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 18:58   #209
BHPian

thanks guys for all the valuable inputs. i guess the sales guy + his manager will have it from me this saturday... will keep you posted...
Old 14th November 2009, 18:14   #210
BHPian

Default Chrome Door Pads

Today I called up Ford Store to check the status of chrome door pads & luckily got positive updates. ZXI variant is the COTs product so you can customize the way you like.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-untitled.jpg  

kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote