Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th November 2009, 09:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

Seems you have already fitted the chrome door pads on your car?
How they did it -remove the fabric and fix the chrome part - will it
fix properly without any lose movement?
How much did it costs?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 12:01   #212
BHPian

I thought the same that they will remove all door fittings but surprisingly its just a one click job & it took max 5min.

I uploaded pic of beige color door pad which they removed & replaced it with chrome. You can also remove it and fit the chrome on your own as you just need to press to fit in appropriate groves.

The price of four piece is Rs 1033/-
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 12:07   #213
Senior - BHPian

So, seems very easy job.
And you said that you got it from Ford store (your dealer?)
If yes, then any dealer can get it from FORD?
I will then show this photo to my dealer and try to arrange (when I talked to him couple of days back, what he suggested was to replace the full handle -instead of removing the fabric and just click it there instead)
Now with the picture, I can force him to get it from FORD?
Thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 12:31   #214
BHPian

What I recommend you is don't deal with your sales rep unless he is very co-operative and wish to save your money.

Initially I approached my Ford dealer's accessories dept but they were not aware of it and they said I need to purchase "EXI ornamental kit" costing 5.5K which includes hand brake chrome, sporty peddle, side door chrome handles.

I checked with other dealer and came to know that there is a possibility to get it separately though he was not confident and said that he need to check.

Last time when I visited Ford showroom to collect insurance paper at that time I approached there stores dept rather than accessories dept to check the availability of chrome door pads. They said its not available and placed order for me and they didn't put any restriction to buy whole kit
Old 15th November 2009, 13:44   #215
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all your inputs.
For a change, my Ford dealer is very good to me, because he knows that I am a member with TBHP and we have been giving a good backing of Ford fiesta.

I will check with him if he can get this from Ford, otherwise will look for alternatives.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:38   #216
BHPian

I prefer not to bother sales rep even though they extend help because as we all know that Sales people always prefer to windup the deal and later they want to get rid off after sales issues.

One thing I would like to mention here is my initial interaction with Ford service people was good and being a Maruti customer I was bit worried about A.S.S. Till now things are on track and hope to continue the same
Old 16th November 2009, 11:18   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I prefer not to bother sales rep even though they extend help because as we all know that Sales people always prefer to windup the deal and later they want to get rid off after sales issues.

One thing I would like to mention here is my initial interaction with Ford service people was good and being a Maruti customer I was bit worried about A.S.S. Till now things are on track and hope to continue the same
All noted - thanks.
Let me see how this can be arranged.
Shall keep you informed
Old 19th November 2009, 21:55   #218
BHPian

Talking Run-in Over

Finally Run-in period is over so now what is maximum rpm I can go for or still I need to restrict peddle
Attached Images

Old 19th November 2009, 22:41   #219
BHPian

Your mileage is pretty good. 740kms for a tankful in city is pretty good. All this provided you did a full tank and set trip meter to zero!!

Wouldn't advice to go at it pedal to metal. Go at it slowly. Remember in diesels its not about revving the engine much, but keeping the revs in the sweet spot (1800 - 3000RPM). Hover around 2500RPM, you will get the surge to overtake and maintain a good cruising speed.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 23:46   #220
BHPian

At approx 65KM tank empty indication I refilled the tank and set the trip meter to zero!
Its usually city drive with 30% AC (sometimes more if traveled on sunny weekend) & usually after doing tank full the meter displays approx 670KM I can travel.

After 2nd full tank I calculated average which was approx 15KM within city + sometime highway drive (Not much accurately calculated)

I agree that 2500 RPM is sufficient to overtake & sometimes unknowingly it touches 3000 as well. So now I will maintain 2500rpm for regular drive & 3000rpm on highways (On highway give bit liberty to maintain 3K)

So when I can exceed beyond 3K, is there again limit of X kms?
Old 19th November 2009, 23:58   #221
BHPian

Quote:
At approx 65KM tank empty indication I refilled the tank and set the trip meter to zero!
Its usually city drive with 30% AC (sometimes more if traveled on sunny weekend) & usually after doing tank full the meter displays approx 670KM I can travel.

After 2nd full tank I calculated average which was approx 15KM within city + sometime highway drive (Not much accurately calculated)
Thats pretty good mileage Kumar. But then, thats expected!!

Quote:
I agree that 2500 RPM is sufficient to overtake & sometimes unknowingly it touches 3000 as well. So now I will maintain 2500rpm for regular drive & 3000rpm on highways (On highway give bit liberty to maintain 3K)
Liberty granted!!

Quote:
So when I can exceed beyond 3K, is there again limit of X kms?
There is no limit. You can go above 3000RPM, even now. But, for prolonged engine life, high rpm continuous runs are not recommended. Going above 3000RPM at times is fine. Max torque is 160nm at 2000RPM, which is why the car feels very driveable, especially in city conditions.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 15:06   #222
Senior - BHPian

@kumar7

I too have just fixed the chrome door handle pads on my car
(will post photographs later in my thread -camera is not with me now)

I arranged it through the dealer at Rs.1000/-

thanks for your ideas/initiative.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:17   #223
BHPian

Default Customized cushion

I checked with Ford dealer and even in Reliance Automart to get cushion cover which can be washed if required. Ford cushion cover is stitched with cushion so problem is you can't remove the cover to wash it.

So I bought cushion and then got the cover stitched accordingly. Don't ask me the price because it overshoot the price of readily available cushion
Attached Images

Old 20th December 2009, 21:07   #224
BHPian

Hi @kumar7 just wanted to ask you a quick question may sound silly I was planning to go for the stanley seat in chennai for my 1.4 zxi ,i saw your black seats and quite like it but does the car/seat heat up if u leave it in the sun? my dealer put in a cheap sun control sometimes i can feel the sunlight even with windows on. Thanks a lot for your help. @kumar7 @yajaman @ nairkk @unni.ak @ shajus you guys rock im goinnnnn fida
GR8NATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 23:18   #225
BHPian

All cars cabin heat up when you park car in sun and my experience is not different. Theoretically its correct that black absorbs heat quickly but my observation is the cabin becomes more hot (not because of black seat) than seat.

My personal observation is all luxurious cars have black or beige color seat covers. Black adds classy look and easy to maintain and anyhow you know that Ford AC is the super fine so in 2 - 3 min all heat goes. You bought Ford by listening to your Dil so go ahead and listen to what your Dil se and not to what your others