Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2009, 01:04   #76
BHPian

congrats again kumar!! the waiting only gets painful now that you've seen her in flesh!! lovely pics, keep them coming!!

'G' actually decodes to 'August' on the Mad Moles Ford Vin Decoder.

@ Ashish, I don't really think the tyres are a major cause for worry here, maybe the batch of car's that kumar's was manufactured in got lucky with Bridgestone tyres, thanks to the lockout at MRF.
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:21   #77
BHPian

@ kumar - you state that you got Rs. 2K back due to the Bridgestone trade-off. So are MRF expensive than Bridgestone ??

@ raamki - could be possible. i checked the tyres thoroughly and found them new...
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congrats again kumar!! the waiting only gets painful now that you've seen her in flesh!! lovely pics, keep them coming!!

'G' actually decodes to 'August' on the Mad Moles Ford Vin Decoder.
Thanks Buddy!
You are right, now this window of wait time is very difficult. As soon as the day starts I consider it as if its completed and my countdown reduces by one more day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
@ kumar - you state that you got Rs. 2K back due to the Bridgestone trade-off. So are MRF expensive than Bridgestone ??

@ raamki - could be possible. i checked the tyres thoroughly and found them new...
Ashish@ I got 2K back from the difference amount which I paid after exchange. In simple term the dealer purchased -

MRF at the cost of 2.6K(approx)/piece
Now instead of MRF he purchased BS at the cost of 3.1(approx)/piece.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 23:58   #79
BHPian

Hi Kumar, Today I got the time to do PDI, the car was brought to showroom as tomorrow it is going for registration, the car was in perfect condition, even my VIN shows the same code for year and month - 9G, I asked sales person how to decode the VIN number, He asked me why you want to decode, I told him I want to know the month of manufacturing, he was clueless, but insisted it is manufactured in september, I asked how you can be sure, he told overall there is shortage of supply due to overbooking on eve of dusshera and already we are facing delivery problem, so there is no chance of getting old stock. ( ? )

The ODO reading was showing 18, somehow I'm managing to take delivery on 28th.

Teaser
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-240920091282.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-240920091281.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-240920091280.jpg  

rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 23:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOW! Congrats Rajesh! Cheers! She looks hot (as usual)!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 00:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

WOW is right!
Congrats to both of you'll! The cars look super! Looking at these pics I miss our fiesta back home even more! Wishing both of you'll many miles of happy driving. Just don't forget to keep on updating the thread as the miles go by.
@Kumar, do check with the tyre experts on the forum about which tyre is better. IMO, both the Michelins and Yokohamas cater to different markets and have different levels of performance. Take a decision based on what you would want. The tyre experts are there to guide us in choosing the right set.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 00:54   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Kumar, Today I got the time to do PDI, the car was brought to showroom as tomorrow it is going for registration, the car was in perfect condition, even my VIN shows the same code for year and month - 9G, I asked sales person how to decode the VIN number, He asked me why you want to decode, I told him I want to know the month of manufacturing, he was clueless, but insisted it is manufactured in september, I asked how you can be sure, he told overall there is shortage of supply due to overbooking on eve of dusshera and already we are facing delivery problem, so there is no chance of getting old stock. ( ? )

The ODO reading was showing 18, somehow I'm managing to take delivery on 28th.

Teaser
Hey Rajesh, its great news that you manage to take delivery on 28th

Actually it just adds more fun and joy to take the beauty at home on such an auspicious day!

Your car is in full flesh so no doubt its looking stunning and just waiting for you to pull her on road. The ODO showing 18km is good that means they just brought the car to showroom as in my case it was 59Km.

In some threads G stands for car manufactured in July however Raamki manage to check on one of the website and found that its Sept. So no worries its just +/- one month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
WOW is right!
Congrats to both of you'll! The cars look super! Looking at these pics I miss our fiesta back home even more! Wishing both of you'll many miles of happy driving. Just don't forget to keep on updating the thread as the miles go by.
@Kumar, do check with the tyre experts on the forum about which tyre is better. IMO, both the Michelins and Yokohamas cater to different markets and have different levels of performance. Take a decision based on what you would want. The tyre experts are there to guide us in choosing the right set.
Thanks Lambo!
Yeah I checked with Nikhil and he recommended to stick to Michelin so no more second thoughts
Old 25th September 2009, 06:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOW! Congrats Rajesh! Cheers! She looks hot (as usual)!
Thanks Frank, I agree she looks hot (atleast for us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
WOW is right!
Lambo thanks, how we will forget, we have learned lot of stuff from your thread. After getting delivery I'll start ownership thread and keep updating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Hey Rajesh, its great news that you manage to take delivery on 28th

Actually it just adds more fun and joy to take the beauty at home on such an auspicious day!

Your car is in full flesh so no doubt its looking stunning and just waiting for you to pull her on road. The ODO showing 18km is good that means they just brought the car to showroom as in my case it was 59Km.

In some threads G stands for car manufactured in July however Raamki manage to check on one of the website and found that its Sept. So no worries its just +/- one month.
Kumar, thanks a lot, I agree we booked the car one month back and waited so we can get delivery on dusshera, eventhough dealer was ready to deliver within 10 days. Actually we had the meeting on 28th in Mumbai, somehow I managed to shift till 5 pm, so I'll get ample time for taking proper delivery.

PS : Kumar sorry for hijacking your thread.
Old 26th September 2009, 20:23   #84
oss
BHPian

@ kumar7 & rejeshvin: Congrats. The car looks stunning.

How you guys manage to hold on till Dussera, after sitting in the car, and doing the PDI. Must be a gruesome experience i guess
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 20:55   #85
BHPian

OSS@ Thats true and its very painful to wait for such a long time but sometime we need to go with opinion of everyone in the family

But it also have different fun to bring her on festive day
Old 26th September 2009, 20:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
PS : Kumar sorry for hijacking your thread.
Hey Rajesh, no one here owes any space so we can use everyones thread as much we want

On Friday I manage to see your car as its still parked at same place
Old 27th September 2009, 08:22   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
@ kumar7 & rejeshvin: Congrats. The car looks stunning.

How you guys manage to hold on till Dussera, after sitting in the car, and doing the PDI. Must be a gruesome experience i guess
Oss thanks, as Kumar mentioned its different feeling to get it on eve of festive day, you always cherish and remember that moment, it was same 3.5 years back with my Santro, I waited more than 1.5 month to get it on 'Gudi Padwa'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Hey Rajesh, no one here owes any space so we can use everyones thread as much we want

On Friday I manage to see your car as its still parked at same place
Kumar thanks, now your thread will be hijacked as and when required (just kidding).

Oh man ! Good observation. I'm taking delivery tomorrow around 8.30 am, as dealer will be delivering around 65 cars tomorrow (Ikon, Fusion, Fiesta, Endeavour) and will be lot of rush throughout the day.

Btw : Do you work or stay near airport road, hope to meet you soon once we settle with euphoria of new car.
Old 27th September 2009, 08:55   #88
BHPian

Kumar and Rajesh - Have a great day tomorrow. I can almost feel the excitement from here!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 09:28   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Kumar and Rajesh - Have a great day tomorrow. I can almost feel the excitement from here!!
Unni, yes lot of excitement, its like meeting your first love, right now I'm travelling from Mumbai to Pune passing through scenic beauty of 'Lonavala' and thinking about Fiesta, I am unable to use smiley to express feelings as I'm posting through mobile Nokia E90, but as Kumar says I'm waiting for tomorrow 'Dil Se'.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:54   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Kumar thanks, now your thread will be hijacked as and when required (just kidding).

Oh man ! Good observation. I'm taking delivery tomorrow around 8.30 am, as dealer will be delivering around 65 cars tomorrow (Ikon, Fusion, Fiesta, Endeavour) and will be lot of rush throughout the day.

Btw : Do you work or stay near airport road, hope to meet you soon once we settle with euphoria of new car.
No worries about hijacking as we all will be benefited with some more additional details about Josh machine

I made special effort to see how many cars are waiting for there owners to be picked and found your machine being one of them

Yesterday when I called dealer on Friday to check about registration then the sales guy said that it will be done on saturday/sunday as they (including RTO) working on Sunday.

He made me upset by saying that Sports Spoiler is not in stock and they will be getting it within 8 days! This made me upset but I didn't said anything. Even after booking it one month before how they can give such explanation but as he was cooperative from day one so I didn't said anything to him but its obvious that they might be realized this when they about to fit accessories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Yeah, the countdown began in Hours now 14,13,12 ........

Last edited by kumar7 : 27th September 2009 at 19:01.