Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th October 2009, 13:51   #46
BHPian

Here are the photos' of the broken mirror. On the second thought I feel whether the mirror glass was losely fitted such that just a small touch it could fall off. Earlier, The same mirror had an impact when a bike guy had kissed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-08102009081.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009082.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009083.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009084.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009085.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009086.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-09102009087.jpg  

divx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 14:29   #47
BHPian

I think the biker hit made the glass loose from its "click" locks, and then the elbow touch dis-lodged it completely
rajatsingh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 14:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
1. Right side wiper blade drops with a sound while wiping. Also, The tail end of the same wiper keeps vibrating during the wiping movement.
I had this sound coming from my driver side wiper. When the wiper reaches the bottom of the windsheild, I could hear a krk sound. I resolved this issue and it works fine now. Heres what I did

1. Took a clean cloth and wiped the wiper cleanly to remove any dirt.
2. Sprayed lot of water using the wiper control
3. Activate the wiper blades in slow mode and then shift to fast mode
4. Did this couple of times and it has not come back after that.

Hope this helps
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:46   #49
BHPian

Got a new left ORVM for 200/-Rs from Concord motors. This does not have "Object in the mirror ..." endorsed on it and does not show the object closer than they are. It feels like just another normal mirror. Attached few snaps of the mirror along with wrapper it come with.

Experienced it affect, while taking reverse My punto touched my father's scooter.

Another Tata spare. Just read recently that FIAT is not happy with quality of the Spare part suppiled by Tata's (Economic Times).

Also the "backseat sound has resurfaced"
Attached Thumbnails
Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-18102009092.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-18102009094.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-18102009095.jpg  

Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story-18102009093.jpg  

Old 8th November 2009, 11:47   #50
BHPian

My TRIP A reading are getting reset at 1999 km. This has happened twice. First time when this happened, I thought my colleagues who were enthu to read the details pressed the button to reset accidentally. But this has happened again. Does anyone know how to change this to 9999. I could not find TRIP A details under menu to change it myself. Is this factory settings? Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by divx : 8th November 2009 at 11:49. Reason: using correct sentence
Old 8th November 2009, 12:45   #51
MCR
BHPian

Divx. My Punto MJD E is also of the same colour. Regarding the TRIP A reset I will check with the SE tomorrow.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 17:47   #52
BHPian

Found it.
The TRIP A setting are set to 3999Km or 9999KM, it is getting reset due to the number of hours of use, that is 99.59 hrs.
If I can use the car with this hours, I will be able to tell what is the actual value for TRIP A setting. Any ready to try this?
Why would FIAT people think of such a thing?
Old 17th August 2011, 16:26   #53
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Med Grey Punto MJD Emotion - Running Story

Its been long long time, since I updated few lines in my thread in this forum. My Life's has been running on a fast track - Lot of things happened during this time with My punto. Let me start the update after a long time.

Recently my Punto went in for 3rd servicing @27500Km at Concorde Motors, dairy circle, Bangalore.

More about the servicing later, What I wanted to say about is Something has just changed at the Showroom. Very Big, a real change. They are organized now, very well organized. I mean it. Right from the security to the top official. Someone just changed the whole system. It was a big surprise for me

I was there on 24th Jun with prior appointment.
- Security had the parking slot ready. The place looked vacant which used to be totally overcrowded. Where did all those cars go?
- Enter the reception, I was directed to FIAT desk. A FIAT Desk wow, Yes three separate ladies each handling different vehicles
- Separate SA's. Great. Before it used to all-in-one SA who used to give indicab reasons for all your problems.
- Separate mechanics (Blue dressed boys) for FIAT. listening to customer's
complaints along with SA.
- Entered at 9:15, 10 mins wait and in next 20 minutes I was out of the showroom. wow.
- Got prompt call at 4pm that servicing is done and asked to collect the car by 5PM. Well I was not ready for this, The call used to come at 6PM.
- While at the lounge, I checked the service bays. Very neat. Something changed. Earlier it used be a big mess.
- Next Monday, Got Prompt call from Concorde to check on the servicing. I could not do even a 10Km drive so asked them to give me a weeks time to check.
- Wednesday, there was a call from FIAT to check the servicing again. I told them the same.
- Weekend did a good 500 Km drive and during the next call, I report few problem to the lady who called me again and she asked me to come over any day and meet her. She is a different person other than those ladies at reception. Good, some is tracking the complaints now. Time for action. Went to Concorde the very next Saturday, met this lady.

You all will know how Tata showroom's look on Saturday.
For a moment I thought I am making a big mistake go there on Saturday.
-Believe there is Major change. This time the lady sent two different people to assist me with my problems. Earlier to find one person to listen to us was a
daymare. Went in around 11AM and was out by 1PM. Before the lunch time.
My Saturday just got saved.
- The mechanics now switch off the lights at the service bay before going to
Lunch - Someone put in a process now or was it always there and nobody cared.
- Couple of service Bays are reserved for FIAT. That is something very very
good.

Things have changed and hope this remains. This will surely benefit the Tata's in the long run whether they have joint venture's or not.