Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 20:29   #61
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I am not sure, but what happened here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iat-linea.html (Had a break down in a Brand New Fiat Linea) could be an indicator of something wrong.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 20:34   #62
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
even the clutch cylinder in my PUNTO was changed when i had given the car to VST.Even i feel that the clutch seems a lot more softer.
Yeah Vigneshram the CSC replacement list is for both Linea and Punto. So you noticed the difference after the CSC change as well. So that more or less confirms the fact that the clutch action definitely improves after the CSC change. Thats a good thing and good on Fiat as well to get things in order on first come first served basis.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 20:41   #63
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I am not sure, but what happened here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iat-linea.html (Had a break down in a Brand New Fiat Linea) could be an indicator of something wrong.
Yes NutsNBolts, I made a mention of vijipillai's thread in my post before. In fact when the SA mentioned CSC replacement then vijipillai was the first thing that came to my head. And the problem description by the SA also matched the happenings with Vijipillai. That is the reason why I took the first appointment for the next day to get this thing sorted out.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 12:49   #64
BHPian
 
vinay.pillai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Little Rock, US
Posts: 229
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Got my Car back yesterday from workshop. Work done:
1. Complete Seat railing changed.
2. Clutch cylinder changed.

Now, I can feel a big change in clutch. Gear change is more easy and smooth. Also, I am feeling a bit more zippiness in pick up of the car. I am enjoying it.
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 13:01   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Got my Car back yesterday from workshop. Work done:
1. Complete Seat railing changed.
2. Clutch cylinder changed.

Now, I can feel a big change in clutch. Gear change is more easy and smooth. Also, I am feeling a bit more zippiness in pick up of the car. I am enjoying it.
yep i too feel the same in power after changing my Clutch Slave Cylinder.
No idea,might be perception.
Any how i am enjoying the car
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 22:45   #66
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Got my Car back yesterday from workshop.

Clutch cylinder changed.

Now, I can feel a big change in clutch. Gear change is more easy and smooth. Also, I am feeling a bit more zippiness in pick up of the car. I am enjoying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yep i too feel the same in power after changing my Clutch Slave Cylinder.
No idea,might be perception.
Any how i am enjoying the car
yes, yes as I had said there is really is a visible difference in clutch and gera shift feel. Although I wouldn't say much about performance increase but otherwise the car does feel a lot smoother. And yes I'm enjoying it too.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 10:34   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 60
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yeah Vigneshram the CSC replacement list is for both Linea and Punto. So you noticed the difference after the CSC change as well. So that more or less confirms the fact that the clutch action definitely improves after the CSC change. Thats a good thing and good on Fiat as well to get things in order on first come first served basis.
I checked with concorde, chennai to know whether my car also is in the list. They were not at all aware of this issue. How do I find whether my car need replacement.
vnagarajs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 11:18   #68
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
I checked with concorde, chennai to know whether my car also is in the list. They were not at all aware of this issue. How do I find whether my car need replacement.
I think Concorde motors is a damning service centre. Try VST motors. Karthik's car had the CSC replaced when he had sent his car there. So bunk Concorde and adopt VST.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 08:23   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

I am not intimated about the CSC change at all?. oh god !. i have a few problem with gears not engaging smoothly.

now what is this problems after problems occuring in linea!!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 09:33   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am not intimated about the CSC change at all?. oh god !. i have a few problem with gears not engaging smoothly.

now what is this problems after problems occuring in linea!!!
Hi Aswin,

I tried to call and sent a sms to you reg. Clutch Slave Cylinder change.
just visit VST Service Station and meet Mr.Ramalingam,Works Manager.
He will do the rest.
Might be your car also needs CSC replacement
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 00:52   #71
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am not intimated about the CSC change at all?. oh god !. i have a few problem with gears not engaging smoothly.

now what is this problems after problems occuring in linea!!!
Well Geeash its not a problem per se but Fiat is replacing the CSC for cars that it feels could have a problem later on. This also means that Fiat is serious about India and is in no way ignoring its customers.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 09:18   #72
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Agreed, and it is initiative expected out of any responsible manufacturer. A defective piece is recalled and replaced free of cost.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 10:32   #73
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Nice report. Good to know that Fiat is improving. Just makes the Linea's case stronger when I'm buying my next.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 14:19   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I got my CSC changed but having few issues.

The clutch feels a little weird now:
1) At idle, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it sometimes gets stuck and stays in. I need to pull it back manually.
2) After few tries, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it doesn't get stuck but comes back with a slight jerk.

Have u guys experienced this after CSC replacement?
I used car only twice after the change. (SA said its new it feels tight, it will loosen up upon usage or something)
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:12   #75
BHPian
 
firstguri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mohali
Posts: 339
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I got my CSC changed but having few issues.

The clutch feels a little weird now:
1) At idle, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it sometimes gets stuck and stays in. I need to pull it back manually.
2) After few tries, when I depress the clutch and leave it , it doesn't get stuck but comes back with a slight jerk.

Have u guys experienced this after CSC replacement?
I used car only twice after the change. (SA said its new it feels tight, it will loosen up upon usage or something)
Well its been a long time (I'm sailing) and maybe your problem is already resolved but it is really weird. Get it checked dude if you havent already!
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Fiat Linea MJD, bought through CSD car-dent Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 36 15th November 2017 18:33
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red opendro Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 26th April 2010 10:40
Punto MJD Emotion Regular v/s Emotion Pack psmith Hatchbacks 15 20th October 2009 09:33
Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 10th October 2009 23:40
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks