Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 5th September 2009, 11:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
would this car be a good cross country tourer for the family? would you say better than the scorpio? It looks more practical to me.
It is definitely a good cross country tourer as its fast and has the capacity to take good roads without a wince. But the only down side is limited space for the rear seat passengers
Old 5th September 2009, 11:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Congrats a great buy. I have been dillydallying about buying a CRDe Bolero for sometime now. I just love my IDI and somehow the 8+ on road price in Bangalore is a big irritant.

I am surprised the VLX comes factory fitted with such poor tires. We got goodyears like 6 years back.
Old 5th September 2009, 12:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Congrats a great buy. I have been dillydallying about buying a CRDe Bolero for sometime now. I just love my IDI and somehow the 8+ on road price in Bangalore is a big irritant.

I am surprised the VLX comes factory fitted with such poor tires. We got goodyears like 6 years back.
Well mine came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T which I feel is good tyre for tarmac and for some off-roading. Have heard reports that the Appollo's are not so good.
Old 5th September 2009, 13:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Just wondering- would you have waited if there was info that a 4X4 version was coming? Or were you hoping to retrofit a 4X4 later on?
The 4X4 bolero doesnt accelerate too well, and the CRDe bolero has no 4X4 option
I may retrofit a 4x4 later on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Headers...this thread deserves better pics Please do post some nice shots of the Bolero inside out.
I shall try - These pics were taken using my mobile and my official photographer is too busy reading TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
It is definitely a good cross country tourer as its fast and has the capacity to take good roads without a wince. But the only down side is limited space for the rear seat passengers
Thats only for folks who sit in the rear seat..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

I got CEAT Formula 1 Steel belted radials tube type. Had no complaints. When there is an opportunity to change to a better brand and TL - why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Well mine came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T which I feel is good tyre for tarmac and for some off-roading. Have heard reports that the Appollo's are not so good.

No comments! I just dont like tube type tires!!
Old 5th September 2009, 14:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Default Congratulations!

Headers congratulations!!
I somehow missed this thread despite being a part of your decision making process. Great buy man! Mahindra vehicles have something in them which makes you a loyalist. You would understand it now all the more:-))

So tell me when are you adding 4x4 to it? Start preparing BOM as this may need some home work!
Old 6th September 2009, 14:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Headers congratulations!!
I somehow missed this thread despite being a part of your decision making process. Great buy man! Mahindra vehicles have something in them which makes you a loyalist. You would understand it now all the more:-))

So tell me when are you adding 4x4 to it? Start preparing BOM as this may need some home work!

So what all do i need to get a 4x4 now? I know I need the t/c gearbox. How does the electric borg-warner t/c work? ANy ECM related tweaks involved?
Old 8th September 2009, 09:07   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vikram - congratulations on your new Bolero VLX. Please post some pictures with the changed tyres, especially on articulation. I have misplaced your mobile number. Please send me an SMS again. And, by the way - you want to "retrofit" a 4*4 on this vehicle? What yaar!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th September 2009, 11:27   #68
BHPian

Congratulations on the Beast! I love the point and shoot VLX, and I wish you two miles and miles of mazaa!

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 8th September 2009, 13:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vikram - congratulations on your new Bolero VLX. Please post some pictures with the changed tyres, especially on articulation. I have misplaced your mobile number. Please send me an SMS again. And, by the way - you want to "retrofit" a 4*4 on this vehicle? What yaar!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir, with your input and support - maybe i should call it a modification rather than a retrofit - My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Congratulations on the Beast! I love the point and shoot VLX, and I wish you two miles and miles of mazaa!

Cheers,
Sriku
Thanks mate!
Old 8th September 2009, 13:43   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Its possible to get 4x4 without spending much on the Storm ?
Old 8th September 2009, 14:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Its possible to get 4x4 without spending much on the Storm ?
LOL: Theoritically. anything is possible, even a redesign of the storm if vitamin M is not an issue!
Old 8th September 2009, 16:56   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vikram - My input and support are always there, but it should also be practically and correctly do-able naa? Good one I say! Let's talk late tonight.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th September 2009, 17:16   #73
BHPian

congratulations on your bolero storm,
i am waiting for mahindra to launch a 4x4 version of the same to swap it with my 2wd crde scorpio, made the mistake of buying it before they launched the 4wd version.
i firmly believe that it makes more sense to own a (common rail) 4wd bolero as a touring/offroad vehicle as you can buy more kit and prepare your bolero for the price of a 4wd scorpio which is a little heavy for its suspension.
the low ground clearance in the bolero is the only negative but with other body parts being a lot more cheaper it wont dent your savings or break your heart as much.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

funny but why do you say low ground clearance of bolero?
the Bolero GC is pretty good in my opinion and again in my experience has been more than sufficient to head off road a bit which I ve done many a time when I had a bolero. since ,mine was a 2WD there was no way I would go into swamps and such but Ive driven off road in ooty, coorg etc in that jeep - no trouble at all. In any case if one is in a deep rutted track created by many vehicles or by a tractor, then the sensible thing is to drive with 2 wheels on the higher part in the middle and two wheels in the rut itself if required. this way there is not going to be a problem with GC. Of course one cannot climb huge boulders and so on but then I am sure one wouldn't attempt something severely out of whack which one instinctively knows will harm one's vehicle terribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
congratulations on your bolero storm,
i am waiting for mahindra to launch a 4x4 version of the same to swap it with my 2wd crde scorpio, made the mistake of buying it before they launched the 4wd version.
i firmly believe that it makes more sense to own a (common rail) 4wd bolero as a touring/offroad vehicle as you can buy more kit and prepare your bolero for the price of a 4wd scorpio which is a little heavy for its suspension.
the low ground clearance in the bolero is the only negative but with other body parts being a lot more cheaper it wont dent your savings or break your heart as much.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 8th September 2009 at 17:25.
Old 8th September 2009, 19:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
... but it should also be practically and correctly do-able naa? ...
I guess the independent front suspension of the Bolero would make the 4X4 conversion a bit more complex ?
Closed Thread