Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th August 2009, 12:36   #16
BHPian

congratulations man jetta is a great german saloon. you bought it at right price too.

but i think the dealers sold this jetta as they want to get rid of it.(not that its bad) but there is going to be a new engine which is gonna be put into the new jetta. its TSI petrol 1.8 ltr 160 hp engine just like the skoda TSI. (actually the same) which would make this car more VFM. dunno when this will happen but it will be soon!!

anyways this car has great road presence and looks more expensive than what it actually sells for. isnt that amazing.!! worth million bucks!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 13:33   #17

WOW what a deal. you got lot more than expected. We expect the same more review and more photographs. congrats on new buy
mechaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 14:40   #18
BHPian

Smart buy man . You jumped quite a few segments in one go.
Enjoy the German machine..
sanjayatarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats , did I see you and the car today near Panasonic showroom koramangala ? .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 14:59   #20

Thank you all for appreciating my decision, I planned to go to indore by car in Sep 3rd week but my wife insist to go by flight coz it will take around 4 days in driving to and fro, out of my 10 days visit and my daughter is 1 year 8 months old so I drop the idea and yesterday booked the flight ticket. October I am planning some trip in South so will update the highway experience after that.

I get 3 years warrantee as this is 08 manufactured so dealer gave me 1 year plus 2 year extended warrantee. For petrol version Jetta has only MT but diesel 1.9 top end model has AT. For fuel economy I think its 10-11 km approximate. I drive 270 km and fuel tank is little more then half (its 55 l tank).

I need some suggestions on V-Kool sun film and leather seat cover. Should I go for front screen film or not, I called V Kool guy and he said it will cost around 11k (premium) for front and 8k for windows and 20% discount on the total cost. Its windows glass are 30% tinted but its transparent, I want it for privacy but not completely dark. For front my concern is night driving visibility, please suggest me the color and grade as per the RTO rules.

For leather seats I called Stanley and Karlsson leather Bangalore. I want to go with Karlsson, if any one has experience, please share with me. Do they take care of air bags properly and how is the finish. Its interior is dark gray color; please suggest the color for leather seat covers also. I will post interior photos soon.
irphan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 16:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Irphan007,

One of the Example car for real german technology.
I have TDed the car before buying Linea,But in Diesel avathar.
The Car is very sturdy/rigid and build to last.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 16:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Karlsson leathers

Check this like irphan007,

One of the linea owner has done Karlsson leathers in his linea.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-linea-2.html
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 18:16   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations man jetta is a great german saloon. you bought it at right price too.

but i think the dealers sold this jetta as they want to get rid of it.(not that its bad) but there is going to be a new engine which is gonna be put into the new jetta. its TSI petrol 1.8 ltr 160 hp engine just like the skoda TSI. (actually the same) which would make this car more VFM. dunno when this will happen but it will be soon!!

anyways this car has great road presence and looks more expensive than what it actually sells for. isnt that amazing.!! worth million bucks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats , did I see you and the car today near Panasonic showroom koramangala ? .
Yes, I read the same somewhere on net but I feel its good deal and I was obsessed about German Cars so didnít think much about all that.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:59   #24

Thanks Aks Karthik,

Its good work done by karlsson, I will probably will get it done with karlsson only.