Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 13:11   #346
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Update on Auto Mirror Closing :-

As per the info available from an engineer, the Body Control Module (BCM) and related parts used in old and new i20's are different , so it can't be done in older i20's.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:47   #347
BHPian
 
darksoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thanks Wildon!

The "Europe" region change worked perfectly (after a lot of tries on getting the timing of the button presses right :-) )

So other than getting "RDS" enabled, is there anything else we can do now? Any idea what the "US" and "Europe - General" regions unlock?

PS - Have you noticed the functionality of a couple of buttons on the HU has now changed? (AST etc)
darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:08   #348
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
check out the i20 pics somewhere i found in FB
Yuck is the word. A bit tooooo loud.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:26   #349
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Update:- There was an error in my post please read the first point as this

1. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.
Wildon, does this also work with i10 OE HU? I tried it, it doesnt seem to work. Is there a workaround for i10 HU?
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 19:06   #350
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
Thanks Wildon!

The "Europe" region change worked perfectly (after a lot of tries on getting the timing of the button presses right :-) )

So other than getting "RDS" enabled, is there anything else we can do now? Any idea what the "US" and "Europe - General" regions unlock?

PS - Have you noticed the functionality of a couple of buttons on the HU has now changed? (AST etc)
Nothing interesting found in other region settings.

If you set the region as Europe, your mute button will act as TA (Traffic Announcement Search)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Wildon, does this also work with i10 OE HU? I tried it, it doesnt seem to work. Is there a workaround for i10 HU?
Both are similar HU i think. Will you be able to check the version check by

Press and Hold 1FF then 6
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:16   #351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: delhi
Posts: 124
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

[quote=wildon;1975999]I was able to change my HU region to Europe, so the RDS feature was enabled. It's nice to see your Local FM station name too in the Display.quote]

Hey Wildon does this mean that we also can activate distance to empty feature on our I20 by doing further research?
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:24   #352
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

^^ For Getting Distance to Empty you need to Change your MID Display Hardware.

The Indian i20 equipped with a MID Hardware part no. with 941011J080 Which doesn't have the option to display DTE.

Abroad in some selected Market the i20 MID hardware comes with Part No. 941011J100 / 941011J101 / 941011J160 in which has DTE display feature.

If you can procure any of these part no from abroad you will be able to get the DTE in i20.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 21:45   #353
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Update on Auto Mirror Closing :-

As per the info available from an engineer, the Body Control Module (BCM) and related parts used in old and new i20's are different , so it can't be done in older i20's.
Picking up mi i20 sportz tomorrow. Will check if the Auto Mirror closing works on it.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 11:16   #354
BHPian
 
p'arth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ For Getting Distance to Empty you need to Change your MID Display Hardware.

The Indian i20 equipped with a MID Hardware part no. with 941011J080 Which doesn't have the option to display DTE.

Abroad in some selected Market the i20 MID hardware comes with Part No. 941011J100 / 941011J101 / 941011J160 in which has DTE display feature.

If you can procure any of these part no from abroad you will be able to get the DTE in i20.
If the change of MID is the only thing required to get DTE, why doesn't Hyundai puts it in the Indian i20? Is there a very high price difference in the 2 MIDs?
p'arth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 11:30   #355
@ri
BHPian
 
@ri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 140
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Got the RDS thing up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Update on Auto Mirror Closing :-

As per the info available from an engineer, the Body Control Module (BCM) and related parts used in old and new i20's are different , so it can't be done in older i20's.
Does old include the BSIV models(post april 2010) as well? I just hope there is some way to get this thing working in mine!
@ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 12:01   #356
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: delhi
Posts: 124
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Picking up mi i20 sportz tomorrow. Will check if the Auto Mirror closing works on it.
Please also check if it has distance to empty feature on it as well
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 14:27   #357
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
If the change of MID is the only thing required to get DTE, why doesn't Hyundai puts it in the Indian i20? Is there a very high price difference in the 2 MIDs?
The quote i received for this part is 1065.15 = 76,219.25 INR
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 17:57   #358
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
Please also check if it has distance to empty feature on it as well
Auto Mirror close does not work. Car manufatured on end of June 2010 .
it does not have the distance to empty feature either.

Wildon any tweeks here. pls help
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 18:06   #359
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
did u check out the new i20's, they have auto closing mirrors, as soon as you lock the car the mirrors close automatically, nice feature.
In which Model, you have seen this working ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Auto Mirror close does not work. Car manufatured on end of June 2010 .
it does not have the distance to empty feature either.

Wildon any tweeks here. pls help
So in Sportz its confirmed its not working . You have taken Petrol Model is it?
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2010, 23:45   #360
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
In which Model, you have seen this working ?



So in Sportz its confirmed its not working . You have taken Petrol Model is it?
wildon, it is CRDi. Getting ready to post the intial ownership report soon
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 25th August 2012 12:12
I like it berry berry much! (My Hyundai i20 Asta) ramraman Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 11 15th September 2010 02:17
It feels like yesterday ... 5000 km Baleno report satan_crazy Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 26th November 2005 01:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks