Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 10:47   #31
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 398
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
@sbala: Which size did you go for, and what was the deal that you managed to get?
@OSS - I didn't up size because Turanza didn't had suitable up size model for Fiesta. Got it from Sri Venkateshwara Tyre Shop, BTM Layout 100 feet road for Rs.3400 per tyre.
sbala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 16:39   #32
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

OSS, when is the car coming? Its been a while!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 23:46   #33
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
OSS, when is the car coming? Its been a while!!
I had actually taken delivery of the car last Friday itself

Sorry about not posting the details for so long. I have been spending most of the time in the car, and the rest of the time i am out of it getting burried in work. Will put together the buying experience and initial ownership review in the next couple of days.

To put it in a nutshell, Fiesta diesel is an absolute dream to drive, and i am enjoing every bit of it.

And yes, the XM1+ 185/65 are making me grin every time i go over bad roads
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 10:43   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,264
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Congrats oss! Waiting for your review.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 14:00   #35
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Oss congrats, looks like you are enjoying Fiesta TDCi at its fullest. As per your convinience please
share your initial experience.

Enjoy 'Go Fida'.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 15:18   #36
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I had actually taken delivery of the car last Friday itself

Sorry about not posting the details for so long. I have been spending most of the time in the car, and the rest of the time i am out of it getting burried in work. Will put together the buying experience and initial ownership review in the next couple of days.
Congrats OSS. How dare you keep such news from us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
As per your convinience please
share your initial experience.
Rajesh, you are a nice guy.

OSS, you have delayed enough already. Get on with it, and fast!

Last edited by unni.ak : 18th September 2009 at 15:19.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:07   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 421
Thanked: 249 Times
Smile

OSS better post your review over the weekend with complete pictures else get ready to face Unni
Chillout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:26   #38
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
OSS better post your review over the weekend with complete pictures else get ready to face Unni
I know. I wouldn't be surprised if he drives down to Chennai with the excuse of eating biriyani enroute at Ambur and thrash me for the delay

The extensive review with the pictures coming soon.

Rajesvin: Thanks to the lock out at MRF factory, the fiesta's are coming with Bridgestone & Goodyear. If you have stuck a deal for upgrading your tyres, factor this into the negotiation as Bridgestone/Goodyear fetches a higher rate on exchange compared to MRF
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 17:40   #39
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Rajesvin: Thanks to the lock out at MRF factory, the fiesta's are coming with Bridgestone & Goodyear. If you have stuck a deal for upgrading your tyres, factor this into the negotiation as Bridgestone/Goodyear fetches a higher rate on exchange compared to MRF
Thats good news, if it is Bridgestone, I may not change tyres (I'm not changing stock size), In my Santro they have served well, I changed tyres at 60000 kms and one of tyre is still serving at 81000 kms, if not Bridgestone I'll go for Michelin.

@ Unni, As I'm getting same model what Oss got, I'm eager to know his overall experience, I thought He is very busy, but after your reply He will make sure to post at earliest.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 19:20   #40
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Thats good news, if it is Bridgestone, I may not change tyres (I'm not changing stock size), In my Santro they have served well, I changed tyres at 60000 kms and one of tyre is still serving at 81000 kms, if not Bridgestone I'll go for Michelin.
.
Thats bad news for me though as I already paid difference all amount to tyre dealer for exchange with XM1+ considering MRF as stock tyres!
Its good that BS are are coming as stock but in case if I get BS then not sure if now the tyre dealer will again negotiate else I need to settle down with what best he has offered me last month

On monday I planned PDI so at that time I will come to know what are the stock tyres
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 19:31   #41
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
OSS better post your review over the weekend with complete pictures else get ready to face Unni
Oh yeah. I've nothing to do over the weekend. So beware OSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I know. I wouldn't be surprised if he drives down to Chennai with the excuse of eating biriyani enroute at Ambur and thrash me for the delay

The extensive review with the pictures coming soon.
Too much!! But, never knew Ambur was famous for biriyanis. Is it? Hmmm... thinking!! Looking forward to your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
@ Unni, As I'm getting same model what Oss got, I'm eager to know his overall experience, I thought He is very busy, but after your reply He will make sure to post at earliest.
Thats the aim my friend. There are times when a bit of threat works!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 12:02   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,156
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I had actually taken delivery of the car last Friday itself
To put it in a nutshell, Fiesta diesel is an absolute dream to drive, and i am enjoing every bit of it.
Congrats on your purchase oss! XM1s are a good choice, as they offer the best balance between performance, ride comfort and road noise. Not to confuse you any further, but I have run 195/60 R14 G3s on my Carnival TDCi for nearly 3 years without any issues.

Do post an ownership review and upload some pictures in your garage as well.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 21:37   #43
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

OSS@ Before Unni.ak logins to your thread upload the pics!
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 22:13   #44
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

OK Guys; sorry for testing your patience. Did complete an extensive photo session today, and i am going to dedicate this Sunday for uploading the pics and post my initial review.

Comin' up soon! Watch this space
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 18:40   #45
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
OSS@ Before Unni.ak logins to your thread upload the pics!
I've been checking this tread frequently. But no go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
OK Guys; sorry for testing your patience. Did complete an extensive photo session today, and i am going to dedicate this Sunday for uploading the pics and post my initial review.

Comin' up soon! Watch this space
Sunday is almost over. Keep your word
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta Sugeeta Long-Term Ownership Reviews 60 29th September 2015 12:18
Belleza Clara: The beautiful Fiat Linea T-Jet comes home! JayKis Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 19 29th November 2014 23:07
Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion eagle_bush Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 69 15th June 2013 10:09
Sembra una vespa! - story of a Wasp to Vespa chanu Post-War 56 6th May 2013 00:26
Inizio della seconda storia d'amore con un italiano di belleza. La sua Fiat Linea! omar1310 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 34 8th December 2009 11:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:48.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks