Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 09:52   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

wow....that is quite a deal you struck! congrats and do share your experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post

Hi Biswas

In chennai..the onroad price for SPORTZ AT is 5.20 lacs.

I have booked the same - but electric red colour.

offer i have finally got

Direct cash Back - Rs 30000
Exchange Bonus - Rs 10000 (for which i need to give a copy of my old car's RC)
free bee- Auto cop & 3M sun film

so put together i paid Rs 4.80 along with above free bees..

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st September 2009 at 13:10. Reason: Fixed quotes
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:19   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

As of today, I have around 2900 kms on my odo. I am getting 10-11 kmpl FE within city with no a/c. With a/c, FE is generally 2 kmpl less.

I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes. When the engine is started, the car does an automatic diagnosis and sometimes the EPS light stays on indicating a failure. Restarting the engine resolves the problem and the light goes off. The alarming point is - it happened twice while the car was in motion and once my wife was driving with the kid onboard. The power steering stops functioning but can be maneuvered manually, although it takes lot more effort. I contacted the dealer and they asked me to bring the car to the shop for inspection.

Other than this, I have no problems so far and very happy with my purchase.

I was planning to get Garware sunfilms done next week but after reading through some of the threads I am now unsure whether to put film on the rear defogger or not. It seems problems can be avoided if the job is done by the experts. In this regard, any advice from the seniors would be appreciated.
sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 22:33   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Forgot to mention....also ordered custom fitted art leather seats from a shop on AJC Bose road. It would be fitted on next Thursday. I will post some pics once the job is done.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 23:35   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
As of today, I have around 2900 kms on my odo. I am getting 10-11 kmpl FE within city with no a/c. With a/c, FE is generally 2 kmpl less.

I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes. When the engine is started, the car does an automatic diagnosis and sometimes the EPS light stays on indicating a failure. Restarting the engine resolves the problem and the light goes off. The alarming point is - it happened twice while the car was in motion and once my wife was driving with the kid onboard. The power steering stops functioning but can be maneuvered manually, although it takes lot more effort. I contacted the dealer and they asked me to bring the car to the shop for inspection.

Other than this, I have no problems so far and very happy with my purchase.

I was planning to get Garware sunfilms done next week but after reading through some of the threads I am now unsure whether to put film on the rear defogger or not. It seems problems can be avoided if the job is done by the experts. In this regard, any advice from the seniors would be appreciated.
Hi sbiswas - sorry to hear that you are having problems with the EPS.Get it replaced under warranty. I have heard from one of my friends that he also knows a couple of people who had the same problem.

I did put film (llumar) on my hatch glass with defogger, and the defogger works flawlessly after that.
Just ensure that when they take off the stickers (the Hyundai helpline sticker/COTY sticker etc) from the rear glass, that they do so with patience and DO NOT scrape the fine ceramic painted defogger lines. I personally supervised this portion.

11 kmpl within city is good - I am getting from 10.5 (super congested roads) to 13.5 (normal traffic) in city-highway mixed driving.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 11:00   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Got custom seat covers done from Shreyas Auto Centre on A.J.C Bose Road. Selected the i10 Black/Red combination with piping. Also put RTO approved Garware sunfilm on rear and side glasses. Uploading the latest pictures after the grooming
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3121.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3122.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3123.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3120.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3130.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn31311.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn31321.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3124.jpg  

sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 11:13   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ruesselsheim
Posts: 219
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Nice finish sbiswas!

Can you please mention the cost you incurred on the seat covers?
iPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 11:18   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Thank you. I paid 3500 for the seat covers. It's art leather.

I am surprised at your FE figures! What's the secret of such good FE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Nice finish sbiswas!

Can you please mention the cost you incurred on the seat covers?
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 11:49   #38
BHPian
 
svaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 218
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
A
I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes.
Please get this checked and fixed ASAP. Right now this might be bothering you intermittently but its not prudent to linger on with this for long.

After they fix it, do a pre-delivery TD and make sure that car goes in a straight line when steering is kept straight. Typically after any steering job, the service guys mess up the settings when putting it back.
svaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 16:41   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,328
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

The fit & finish is really good, except the rear head rests.
I could see paint chipping on the left ORVM, was it a gift by on-coming bikers?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:41   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Yes, I did not like it either and will get these redone. The chipping was probably done by a bus. Car was parked roadside and it happened in my absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
The fit & finish is really good, except the rear head rests.
I could see paint chipping on the left ORVM, was it a gift by on-coming bikers?
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 11:09   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ruesselsheim
Posts: 219
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Thank you. I paid 3500 for the seat covers. It's art leather.

I am surprised at your FE figures! What's the secret of such good FE?
sbiswas, please look at this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1619106 (i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report)
iPai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 20:39   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Got the power steering system replaced by dealer. Also, got the 2nd free service done. Let's see if the FE improves.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 23:22   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 176
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

I have purchased my i10 sports Kappa straight from the Company owned showroom - ocean blue in colour - first new car in my life. this was almost one year back.

I have driven the car to Pune, Sholapur (twice) and once to Mantralayam near Raichur from Mumbai. All through I did not face a single problem and the engine was super smooth.

I have a problem right from the first service - I do not know any other kappa i10 owners have it. I get a rattling sound from the right mirror side - eventhough the vehicle is past two services this has not been rectified. If I rev the engine before moving, the rattling sound stops. But I step on the accelerator as I step on butter.

Please let me have the expert owners opinion on the rattling sound.
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:36   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

My i10 experience is coming to an abrupt end as I am leaving for US by the end of this month. Since I will be away for 5-6 years, I have decided to sell it off. Can anybody guide me on the formalities involved in selling a car to a private buyer in India?
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 16:57   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
My i10 experience is coming to an abrupt end as I am leaving for US by the end of this month. Since I will be away for 5-6 years, I have decided to sell it off. Can anybody guide me on the formalities involved in selling a car to a private buyer in India?
Hey - you get to drive better cars on better roads there right?
Post an ad in team-bhp classifieds section, and also put an ad in any leading newspaper classified (eg: The Telegraph).
Formalities include a change in registration details (you get the forms from RTO) - AFAIK.
You should expect a good value ,as your car is still within the warranty period.

Last edited by blackasta : 6th January 2010 at 17:00.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report svaid Long-Term Ownership Reviews 392 16th January 2016 18:42
Hyundai i10 1.2L Sportz - Initial Ownership Report @ 15,000 kms Dodge_Viper Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 2nd March 2013 12:15
i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa) Vs i10 Sportz (1.2 Kappa) MutantX Hatchbacks 52 12th September 2010 00:55
My Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz Oyster Grey EDIT : 1 year 9,000 km update para_7k Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 24th January 2010 21:45
Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz Sankar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 5th June 2009 13:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks