Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 09:52   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

I am not getting a good value because people here are not ready to try an AT yet. I have got couple of colleagues who are interested but I am losing about 1 lac. The dealer is ready to pay only about 3 lac.

Would the warranty still be valid with the new owner? Does the new owner has to re-insure the car in his name? Is it possible to transfer the insurance?

By the way, the car seems smooth as silk after the 2nd service. The gear shifting has improved as well. I am expecting better FE than before although I will not have chance to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hey - you get to drive better cars on better roads there right?
Post an ad in team-bhp classifieds section, and also put an ad in any leading newspaper classified (eg: The Telegraph).
Formalities include a change in registration details (you get the forms from RTO) - AFAIK.
You should expect a good value ,as your car is still within the warranty period.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 10:54   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
My i10 experience is coming to an abrupt end as I am leaving for US by the end of this month. Since I will be away for 5-6 years, I have decided to sell it off. Can anybody guide me on the formalities involved in selling a car to a private buyer in India?
Ensure that you complete the RTO transfer forms and take PAN No., Driving Lic. photocopy of the buyer with photo. Ensure he signs the handover challan with date/time and pays you before taking the car. Send a photocopy of all these documents to the RTO by Regd. Post.

If you do not complete these formalities there is risk of the car being mis-used and if in your name, you will have a lot of 'law and order' problems.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 22:31   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 176
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

dear friends,

I got my i10 serviced yesterday. It was the third free service. The vehicle had clocked 5951 kms while I gave it for service. Though I had replaced engine oil during first service, they again replaced the same. I was informed by the service personnel that it would be better to change the oil irrespective of the mileage every six months. Is it necessary to do so? please let me have your opinion. This is at Mumbai -
Company owned workshop and service centre.
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 16:53   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: mumbai
Posts: 176
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Would the warranty still be valid with the new owner? Does the new owner has to re-insure the car in his name? Is it possible to transfer the insurance?
The vehicle manufacturers give warranty for the vehicle for a specified period and not for the owners. The warranty will be valid even with the second owner. Insurance can be transferred till the expiry and the new purchaser of the car and yourself have to intimate the Insurance company.
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 10:50   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Yes, you have to change the engine oil every 5000 kms or 6 months, whichever is earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
dear friends,

I got my i10 serviced yesterday. It was the third free service. The vehicle had clocked 5951 kms while I gave it for service. Though I had replaced engine oil during first service, they again replaced the same. I was informed by the service personnel that it would be better to change the oil irrespective of the mileage every six months. Is it necessary to do so? please let me have your opinion. This is at Mumbai -
Company owned workshop and service centre.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 10:54   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Hyundai dealer said warranty will not be transferred to new owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
The vehicle manufacturers give warranty for the vehicle for a specified period and not for the owners. The warranty will be valid even with the second owner. Insurance can be transferred till the expiry and the new purchaser of the car and yourself have to intimate the Insurance company.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 14:18   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

The soft rubber on the remote is coming off after 2 years of use. I cannot use this anymore. Gone back to using the other non-remote key :(
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-img_6899.jpg  


Last edited by sbiswas : 23rd June 2013 at 14:21.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 14:40   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
The soft rubber on the remote is coming off after 2 years of use. I cannot use this anymore. Gone back to using the other non-remote key :(
What about warranty? or will Hyundai claim 'natural wear n tear' ?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:08   #54
BHPian
 
hvishwanathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
The soft rubber on the remote is coming off after 2 years of use. I cannot use this anymore. Gone back to using the other non-remote key :(
This will be covered under wear n tear and not covered under warranty . I had the same issue with skoda remote. But I feel you can ask the company to give you a brand new remote for which they might charge you maybe 2-3 thousand
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 08:03   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Hyundai dealer refused to cover this under warranty :(
Cost of replacing one key 9500, both keys 14000 . ASC asked me to use cellotapes instead.

I am deciding to go for a 3rd party remote and replace the stock ones.

Last edited by sbiswas : 29th October 2013 at 08:05.
sbiswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 08:19   #56
BHPian
 
motorguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Ensure that you complete the RTO transfer forms and take PAN No., Driving Lic. photocopy of the buyer with photo. Ensure he signs the handover challan with date/time and pays you before taking the car. Send a photocopy of all these documents to the RTO by Regd. Post.

If you do not complete these formalities there is risk of the car being mis-used and if in your name, you will have a lot of 'law and order' problems.
Also - make sure you do not release the car until you have the RTO transfer challan. If you have an agent at RTO , get a B extract copy which will clearly say the vehicle has been transferred to the buyer. Also make sure you do not lose your No claim bonus on the insurance - ask the buyer to buy his own insurance - you are under no obligation to have him ride on your insurance (and your NCB).

I learnt the hard way after not doing this when I sold a scooter more than 15 years back and started receiving a couple of traffic tickets. I then wrote to the RTO saying I had sold the vehicle. I dont get any traffic tickets now (vehicle is probably junk now) but its still in my name and i have no way to do anything since the RC book is with the owner (who probably sold the vehicle to others also).
motorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 08:21   #57
BHPian
 
motorguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
This will be covered under wear n tear and not covered under warranty . I had the same issue with skoda remote. But I feel you can ask the company to give you a brand new remote for which they might charge you maybe 2-3 thousand
I checked with the Hyundai dealer in Bangalore (Trident) - they quoted a ridiculous price of about Rs.8000/- for the remote key.
motorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 08:51   #58
BHPian
 
hvishwanathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 236
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I checked with the Hyundai dealer in Bangalore (Trident) - they quoted a ridiculous price of about Rs.8000/- for the remote key.
Then the best and cheapest option is to approach some guy who can custom make a flip key with the standard casing available in the market
hvishwanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 21:34   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 139
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Paid 600/- on ebay and got the flip key from a Chinese seller. It took me about 20 days of waiting and then 10-15 minutes of assembly time to fit the electronics from the old key to the new case. Tested on the car. The remote is working exactly as it should be. However, the existing blade will require some filing to fit properly into its new home. Since I don't have any filing tools at hand I'll take it to a locksmith and get it done shortly. I wonder why Hyundai A.S.S. charges 8000/- for such simple things!

Name:  k12.bmp
Views: 622
Size:  900.1 KB

Disassembled old key parts on left and new key on right. The new case comes with Hyundai logo and looks no different from the stock one.

Last edited by sbiswas : 31st December 2013 at 21:39.
sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 01:09   #60
BHPian
 
mints21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: India
Posts: 735
Thanked: 1,181 Times
Default Re: Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report

Very well done sbiswas, you know automobile companies in India think that they can charge anything from a customer. The worst part is that they do get away by charging such exorbitant rates. Very few people like you would take some pain to find a solution to such a menace that these companies have created for all of us.

You have helped a lot of BHPians by this post and have shown us a new avenue.

Good luck, and Greetings for the New Year.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report svaid Long-Term Ownership Reviews 392 16th January 2016 18:42
Hyundai i10 1.2L Sportz - Initial Ownership Report @ 15,000 kms Dodge_Viper Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 2nd March 2013 12:15
i10 Magna (1.2 Kappa) Vs i10 Sportz (1.2 Kappa) MutantX Hatchbacks 52 12th September 2010 00:55
My Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz Oyster Grey EDIT : 1 year 9,000 km update para_7k Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 24th January 2010 21:45
Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz Sankar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 53 5th June 2009 13:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks