Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd November 2009, 17:31   #16
sb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Nice and detailed review sb1 - there are a lack of reviews for the i10 with the 1.1L heart. It's really helpful and soon I maybe booking the i10 era aswell.

cheers
Hey Guys,

I must mention that all my mileage measurements have been done tank full to Tank Full and on 100% AC.
But though I am kind of a spirited driver but I do take care to switch off the AC and engine on red lights.
I use normal unleaded petrol from IOC.
sb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 07:07   #17
BHPian

@sb1:

Congrats, keep us posted on the experience, but please with some pics. We have booked an i10 era yesterday. As u r from kolkata, please tell me the experience of Bengal Hyundai, we have booked from Concorde Hyundai as we stay in Howrah. It is going to be my brother's car.

I have bought a new Grande Punto, took delivery last week, still didnt get to drive it around a lot. U can have a look at my thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-2-petrol.html (My Bold New Punto 1.2 Petrol)

Happy & safe driving.
arpanjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
A star was too cramped and noisy with its 3 cylinder engine & Wagon had a old engine with poor gear shift compared to i10.
  1. You might be wondering why I chose iRDE ( 13 Km/l) over Kappa ( 11.5 km/l), only becos of the mileage issue , that users have reported on the Kappa.[100% A.C]
  2. Also in City driving conditions iRDE is zippy, & you can only spot the difference on High ways, which would be very less for me.
  3. The price band was a also a deciding factor here ( 4 lakhs )
I have also purchased i10 1.1 ERA in Jan 2009. The reasoning for purchasing this car was exactly the same as you mentioned above.

I drive my i10 1.1 ERA and my colleague's i10 1.2 Sportz on alternate weeks (because of car pooling). I have to say that both engines are equally good. iRDE is peppier for city driving whereas kappa is smooth and powerful for highway driving.

Do keep updating this thread.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 23:30   #19
BHPian

We have bought a new gen i10 Magna 1.1L irde2 engine. We are expecting delivery day after tomorrow, but I have been surprised by the long list of "must be done" given to us by the Hyundai dealers (concorde hyundai howrah). This includes:
1. Full matting = Rs. 850/-
2. Under Body anti rust = Rs. 1700/-
3. Paint protection = Rs. 3500/-
4. Door cavity protection = Rs. 2000/-

I find it very very strange on the part of Hyundai, for not getting these a things done at factory level. I have bought a Punto recently, and belive me friends, I didnt have to spend a single penny on any of these essential jobs. Because they didnt need to be done after buying the car. The dealer, SA and everyone assured me that all these features are already done on your car from Fiat from the factory level.
I find it extremely strange why cant a car manufacturer do these things and sell the car? I mean, Door cavity, under body, paint protection, floor matting. This is not good. How can a company expect a customer to be aware of such essential things and how can they offer these as options at the dealer level? Just to increase the profit margin of the dealers? This is not a fair practice at all.
Friends who have bought Hyundai cars, have you faced this problem? Did you friends have to shell out money from your pockets for these essential features which should have been included during the manufacturing of the car?
Old 27th October 2010, 00:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
Friends who have bought Hyundai cars, have you faced this problem? Did you friends have to shell out money from your pockets for these essential features which should have been included during the manufacturing of the car?
None of these are 'must'.
Just get the under body coating done before delivery / during 1st service. None of the others are required.
No one forced/coerced me to do these, and during 1st FS the SA asked whether i would like the underbody and exhaust protection to be applied, to which I agreed.

Last edited by blackasta : 27th October 2010 at 00:20.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 11:26   #21
BHPian

@blackasta: okay, thanks for the info, I got pissed off at the SA yesterday because he gave me a long list of things to be done on my car, and most of them were things that were related to the car's body. On my Punto I didnt have to shell out a single penny regarding these things, all were done from the factory itself. That is the reason I got worried and pissed off and needed help and advice.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:34   #22
BHPian

We also took delivery of New Generation i10 Magna 1.2 (kappa2) on 21st October 2010 at my hometown. We took it from Jsv Hyundai ,Lucknow and had good experience for the whole period from selecting the car to taking the delivery. No one asked us for the "To be done" items mentioned earlier and under promotion Seat Covers,mating,mudflaps,steering cover ,car cover,Sony music system with speakers (we paid extra for upgrading to USB) ,remote locking,etc as complimentary. We got delivery of vehicle in 4 days flat (including dealing with PNB). May be its the dealer who is trying to make some bucks with the help of things 'To be done'.
Attached Thumbnails
My New HYundai i10 Era Champange Gold- Delivered-car02.jpg  

My New HYundai i10 Era Champange Gold- Delivered-car03.jpg  

aeroamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 18:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Any real world reviews of the new i10 iRDE2 ?

I am looking at specific points:

1. How easy and smooth is the gearshift - specially in comparison to Maruti Esteem
2. Are the clutch and other controls light and easy to operate ?
3. Is low end bumper to bumper driveablity good - like the Santro eRLX ?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote