Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st August 2009, 20:35   #16
BHPian

Congrats Sam! Great car!! Even though I have read quite many Linea stories in this forum, when a new one comes up, I read that with excitement. I like that car so much! Appeals to my heart!

Great post. Well written. I could feel what you were experiencing.

Ahh! Here is a guy who said average 5 km per day and Voila! you have completed 800 km in 1 month. It's like that mate, when you like the car, you will find some reason to drive it, speeding up the run-in in the process

@"noticed the toy Linea at the showroom which Aspi motors couriered home for free"
Aah! so sweet !

Enjoy your ride! She looks amazing and elegant!

Last edited by rageshgr : 31st August 2009 at 20:37.
rageshgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 20:55   #17
BHPian

Congrats Sam. Vocal White looks damn cool. From Vadodra to Ahemdabad, that is quite a leap of faith you have taken for Fiat. Normal people like me will not even consider buying a car if it is not available in my town. Fiat has been doing well in the new avatar and I hope Fiat will do everything to live up to this faith you have shown in them.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats lightinin95,

Welcome to Linea Club.
One of the clean looking car.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks AKS for the wishes. Hope it remains clean - but thats hoping against hope.

One thing for sure - the Lineans are quite a gang on team-bhp.

Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 23:13   #19
BHPian

Thanks Rajivn, Rupinder, Geeash, Amit, Neo, Pragmites, Shanty, Phamilyman, pulsar, sidindica, firstguri, massk for the replies...

Hope to contribute more often and when I find time to be on teh net.

Sam
Old 31st August 2009, 23:16   #20
BHPian

Thanks Rahesh & Nutsnbolts !!

Well Nutsnbolts - I think Baroda already has about 10 Lineas. So probably the next task is to get all of them together...

Sam
Old 1st September 2009, 14:56   #21
BHPian

Hi there,

Am amazed at FIAT's decision not to advertise in any media. Its the beginning of the festive season.

The PUNTO ads are also fast diminishing (I wonder why it was shot in the dark - does not do justice to the curves). They are certainly selling more than the Linea currently.

FIAT needs to scream out if they have to get their act (and sales) together. Am anxious to know what members feel about FIAT's decision to go by word-of-mouth publicity only. Dealers are not promoting either.

And the August sales should also show !!

Sam
Old 1st September 2009, 17:56   #22
BHPian

Although advertising works, but word of mouth publicity instills a sort of confidence in a prospective buyer that can't be achieved by print or tv ads. Apart from word of mouth, I feel Fiat must spend a bit on print ads as well to keep their portfolio in public imagination. Afterall, whenever some one's deciding to buy a car, choices will be made out of vehicles that are consciously available to him/her. Word of mouth can only take away the ghost of A.S.S in Fiat's previous avatar.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Although advertising works, but word of mouth publicity instills a sort of confidence in a prospective buyer that can't be achieved by print or tv ads. Apart from word of mouth, I feel Fiat must spend a bit on print ads as well to keep their portfolio in public imagination. Afterall, whenever some one's deciding to buy a car, choices will be made out of vehicles that are consciously available to him/her. Word of mouth can only take away the ghost of A.S.S in Fiat's previous avatar.
Although I do agree with your comments on word of publicity NutsNBolts but I too feel that Fiat is lagging behind in marketing. I mean I still come across people who dont even know that a car by the name of Fiat Linea is available! Obviously these are type of people who have no interest in cars whatsoever but they do know that ANHC is available and that it is very good (even if it isn't!). So Fiat really needs to announce itself if it wants to be heard and be popular. These are my views and I'm not an MBA grad' so this is not my expertise.

Last edited by firstguri : 1st September 2009 at 18:15. Reason: Spelling correction
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 18:45   #24
BHPian

@firstguri. Thats what I wrote " Fiat must spend a bit on print ads as well to keep their portfolio in public imagination." What good is mouth of word publicity for a product people are not aware about?
Old 1st September 2009, 19:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
@firstguri. Thats what I wrote " Fiat must spend a bit on print ads as well to keep their portfolio in public imagination." What good is mouth of word publicity for a product people are not aware about?
Yeah I read that and copied too. But I'm of the opinion that Fiat needs aggressive TV ads. They need to showcase Linea's main trump card- its features. Let people know how loaded it is and hence a much better value for money car than other cars. It can also carry forward Tata's slogan- More car per car.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:52   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yeah I read that and copied too. But I'm of the opinion that Fiat needs aggressive TV ads. They need to showcase Linea's main trump card- its features. Let people know how loaded it is and hence a much better value for money car than other cars. It can also carry forward Tata's slogan- More car per car.
Absolutely bang on firstguri.

FIAT guys must be having their own set of marketing gurus but methinks, the timing is right to go on a marketing blitzkerg with the LINEA features. With what little I know, in the marketing cycle there is a slingshot that need to be used after the launch. And like any slingshot timing is important.
What good if a good product is launched but is not on the top of the mind recall for a new buyer? What if he does not know about its choice.

I hope someone from FIAT is reading this.
Sam
Old 1st September 2009, 20:56   #27
BHPian

Congrats lightinin95! Enjoy your drives with feature packed Linea! A good review you have written to start.

I'm still a prospective owner and eagerly waiting to join the esteemed company of Lineans :-)
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 22:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Congrats lightinin95! Enjoy your drives with feature packed Linea! A good review you have written to start.

I'm still a prospective owner and eagerly waiting to join the esteemed company of Lineans :-)

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for the comment. Good to know your search is on and hope to read about your experience.

Sam
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
It can also carry forward Tata's slogan- More car per car.
When I joined the forum, I had suggested the term "FIATer" (as in fighter) for all Fiat owners, as I felt every Fiat owner is fighting against odds by going for their products. Just imagine, Yuvraj featuring in such ads, coming to his Punto after hitting those six sixes and saying, "yes, I am a FIATer."
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:43   #30
BHPian

Congrats Sam on your purchas, phew, thats a long writeup, took some time to read it. Enjoy your Linea and drive safe. If possible please do post some interior pics.
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote