Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th September 2009, 12:41   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi Guys,

Am in N Delhi this week and saw some fair amount of Lineas on the road (Silver and Black).

Saw a Vocal White parked at Pragati Maidan (Hall 8). Wonder if a Team-Bhpian was the owner !!
Cheers...

Sam
Surprisingly on my visits to Delhi, I have yet to come across a Linea! I think Delhi hasn't really taken to Linea unlike Punjab. Linea's are selling in fairly decent numbers here. I think part of the reason is that its got a diesel and Punjab is just diesel crazy, that and apart from the fact that ANHC doesn't have a diesel.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 13:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Surprisingly on my visits to Delhi, I have yet to come across a Linea! I think Delhi hasn't really taken to Linea unlike Punjab. Linea's are selling in fairly decent numbers here. I think part of the reason is that its got a diesel and Punjab is just diesel crazy
+1,
Not regarding Delhi. regarding Punjab thing
Had gone to Mohali last to last Wed in my Linea and the no of Lineas i saw there were tremendous compared to all the way till chandigarh. Saw 3 V White and many F red Lineas and all Multijet for sure because Punjabis buy diesel cars. Have you noticed the no of white Vernas- diesel effect again.

In Delhi nos of Linea are increasing. When am in mine, i see 5-7 Lineas on road. Yes, Delhi sales are less compard to say chennai or Punjab because here people up their noses at the name of fiat.

Didnt notice you are in Mohali, hope to meet you when i come next time.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 14:12   #48
BANNED

Thumbs up

Sam, congratulations on your italian beauty.Admiration guaranteed!Lucky enough to got this colour combination which is sad company stopped now.Also to say yes Aspi motors are working hard for tata vehicles as well as fiat to give customers full satisfaction in all their departments.so good dealer you choosed and perfect car as well.Wishing you happy miles ahead and do post more pictures as well.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Have you noticed the no of white Vernas- diesel effect again.
Yes, a lot of Vernas here and all thanks to a stonker of a diesel engine that its got and so the diesel loving Punjabis have only Verna to go to for performance. It'd be interesting to see the effect of 1.6 MJD on Punjabis!
Quote:
In Delhi nos of Linea are increasing. When am in mine, i see 5-7 Lineas on road. Yes, Delhi sales are less compard to say chennai or Punjab because here people up their noses at the name of fiat.
One good thing about that is that Linea looks exclusive in Delhi. We were there last weekend and the looks that we got at the traffic lights were as if we were in some import!
Quote:
Didnt notice you are in Mohali, hope to meet you when i come next time.
Sure, will be a pleasure to meet another Bhp'ian.

Last edited by firstguri : 12th September 2009 at 15:18.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 23:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Don't worry even if it comes out you can fit-in again. I did that on very first day of my Linea. When I told the guy in the showroom next day he was pretty casual and said "sir ek hi to nut hai dhar....just fit that and it's done"
Was at Ahmedabad yesterday and showed the problem to Aspi motors. They were casual about it too and got it fixed for me in 15 mins. When queried if this could recurr, was informed that they were aware about this & no-one has so far returned with similar problem.

So lets wait & watch..
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 23:31   #51
BHPian

Default Linea in the Media

Quote:
Saw it on the 'World Movies' channel last Thu evening.

Cheers
I think finally Fiat India has begun to roll out the ads on prime channels (At least the NDTV). Even the Punto is getting advertised with its features (service, safety) spelt out in the TV ad.

Saw a feature on NDTV today about FIAT's testing centre in Sweden- trying out their cars on snow. The assortment and Linea's & Punto's were impressive. I guess it whould have been shot sometime during last winter (frozen lakes) and telecast now.

Cheers, Sam
Old 20th September 2009, 23:49   #52
BHPian

Wink 1500 km & two months - update

Well guys, got an opportunity to drive down to Ahmedabad on Sat and thought I must get a feel of the car on the Vadodara - Ahmedabad expressway.

In short - A pleasure and a dream that drive was. While going to Ahmedabad, I was cautious about the speed and cruised at 100; allowed a few Bolero's and Swifts to whizz past. My co-passenger was a Maruti fanatic and by the time we reached our destination - he became a die-hard fan of FIAT.

The handiling and control were fantastic. On my return I was more or less crusing @ 120 and I had a broad smile on my face. The Linea could certainly do better at higher speeds I bet but I found no reason to test her limits. I think that express way today is the best track in India to test her speed.

Well, had stopped by at Aspi motors to attend to my glove box issue and was informed that they are selling 25 Lineas per month and about half that number of Punto's. I thought the numbers should have been opposite. Wonder if the Linea is really selling as well in Ahmedabad as claimed - I did not see a single one on the road that day.

I noticed lot many Vista's being readied for sale at the dealer (discount effect?)
Old 21st September 2009, 19:04   #53
BHPian

Default New Niggle

Guys, Got a new niggle to report.

As I pulled my drivers seatbelt today morning heard a tick sound from my right. Could not know why. Today afternoon I tried investigating if some thing came off / gave away. Could not find any thing till I found a small black triangular plastic cap / cover lying on the floor. Tried locating and took some time to realise it was a cover (over the seat-belt nut) that is mounted on the B pillar next to your right shoulder.

Was a bit wary to press too hard to fix it in as it kept coming off - does not look broken though. The passenger side cover seems to be snugly fit.

Have any one of you came across this? I think I need to give it a thwack of my fist to put it place...
Old 21st September 2009, 22:45   #54
UKR
BHPian

Quote:

As I pulled my drivers seatbelt today morning heard a tick sound from my right. Could not know why. Today afternoon I tried investigating if some thing came off / gave away. Could not find any thing till I found a small black triangular plastic cap / cover lying on the floor. Tried locating and took some time to realise it was a cover (over the seat-belt nut) that is mounted on the B pillar next to your right shoulder.

Was a bit wary to press too hard to fix it in as it kept coming off - does not look broken though. The passenger side cover seems to be snugly fit.

Have any one of you came across this? I think I need to give it a thwack of my fist to put it place...
+0.5 to that, because mine has not fallen of but on the verge of doing so. Any way my 3000km service is due. So planning to get it fixed from TASS. I don't have the confidence to leave my car with TASS, so planning to take leave from office during service.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 02:30   #55
BANNED

Quote:

ha ha. Check my thread.

This was the thingy for which I created a rucus & forced Fiat to send their Corp Quality person from Pune to Mumbai. Check my thread somewhere around page 15-20, if i remember

You can fix it carefully sliding the seatbelt in the groove specified & it'll stay. If not, you can get it replaced when you go to abad again. should be less than rs. 25/-, I guess
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
ha ha. Check my thread.

This was the thingy for which I created a rucus & forced Fiat to send their Corp Quality person from Pune to Mumbai. Check my thread somewhere around page 15-20, if i remember

You can fix it carefully sliding the seatbelt in the groove specified & it'll stay. If not, you can get it replaced when you go to abad again. should be less than rs. 25/-, I guess
Hi Amit,

Its probabaly not the same. I will post a pic of it later.

Well, this morning mustered courage and thwacked it into place using my fist. It has press fitted itself - no glue and appears to be in place !!

Its on my list for showing it to the TASS anyways... You do not like parts falling over. While going thru your post it created quite a ruckus then ; with everyone diving into their cars to find screws and parts!! Made interesting reading
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:07   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Amit,

Its probabaly not the same. I will post a pic of it later.
Sam,

The pic posted on my thread is not this one. Thats ORVM tringular side-plastic & an additional piece lying in my car. When I was trying to locat from where it might have fallen off, I stumbled upon the plastic at the base of seat belt assembly on driver side. That plastic cover was there in left side but was missing on driver side. That really blew the fuse. Am sure you're talking of the same plastic cover in which the seat belt is to be inserted in the groove (of cover) first, there are clips inside the cover by which it gets fixed, no glues required
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sam,

Am sure you're talking of the same plastic cover in which the seat belt is to be inserted in the groove (of cover) first, there are clips inside the cover by which it gets fixed, no glues required
Yes thats the one.
Its still in place....
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:34   #59
BHPian

Default 10 days, 3 surveys

Was surveyed by JD Power about my buying experience 10 days back.

Then there was a general follow up call from TASS a week ago asking if everything is okay with my car.

Today the CRM from Aspi called if there are any issues and whom to contact in case I have any issues.

If this is happening to every FIAT (Linea /Punto) customer - that would be a great sign of things improving. Is FIAT setting a benchmark here?

Not sure if this is true for the market leaders - Hyundai, Maruti, Honda & Toyota.... Have not heard / read many stories of post delivery customer follow up like this from them.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:38   #60
BHPian

Default Idling rpm for Petrol

Can someone inform the idling rpm for Linea petrol, without and with ac on?