Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th September 2010, 10:24   #91
BHPian

Thanks 5Kmiles,

Well, I did that yesterday. Met the works manager & the service guy in charge at Twinswheels, Baroda.

The good things -
1. A FIAT authorised technical person had driven down from Ahmedabad (one Mr Jigar Shah) to check the issue. He had left by time I could reach the service centre. He wanted to scale the problem up to FIAT guys as it appears the problem is with the ACC panel on the dashboard.
2. The service centre is relatively new and so is its managing staff but I did notice that they were very genuine in their efforts.

The not so good things -
1. I am wary of the car interiors going bad. They use the seats as if its their work table. Found all sorts of things strewn on it. Showed it to them and asked to be careful.
2. The technicians are not up to speed (may be due to low density of FIAT v/s Tata) and cautious while servicing the Linea.
3. The driver side seat height adjustment lever had its rivet broken. Was informed that part has to come from Ranjangaon.

It appears that the car will be in the service center all this week :(

Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:14   #92
BHPian

Default ...servicing blues in Baroda

Hi folks - an update

My Linea is still at the Twins Wheels service centre, Baroda; second week running. It has taken days for them to figure the reasons for the ACC problem.

They checked for gas adequacy - no problem
They checked the fuses - no problem
They suspected wiring problem and got in someone from Ahmedabad to check it. The wiring was okay and a part inside the ACC was suspected.
Last week they informed me that they are searching for the part.

Yesterday I was informed they were unsure of the part number of the suspected defective item (some switch) and therefore have sent a picture of that part to Ranjangaon for identification.

I stongly feel that while their intention to serve is good - probably their LINEA servicing knowledge is inadequate. Is this what is expected when we have a common Tata / FIAT service centre?

Probably I should have stuck with Aspi Ahmedabad where I received excellent service all through the past year. I think in my better interest I should do that in the future.

Folks - Do you think I need to write to FIAT about this concern? If so to whom & what email id?

Cheers, Sam
Old 6th October 2010, 16:51   #93
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Here are the contact details of Fiat India personnel:

Emails
customercare@tatamotors.com
service@fiapl.com
--------------
ceodesk@fiapl.com
rajeev.kapoor@fiapl.com
Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com
Ricky.Walter@fiapl.com
ravi.bhatia@fiapl.com (VP FIAT INDIA)
Ranjit.Pawar@fiapl.com
Tarun.Khanna@fiapl.com
partshelpindia@fiapl.com (FIAT parts help India- group email ID)
anand.kumar@fiapl.com (DGM Commercial)
govardhan.pai@fiapl.com
amit.shrivastava@fiapl.com
Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiapl.com (Product Manager – Linea)

Fiat Team for Parts or related items -
Ajay.Bhatnagar@fiapl.com
Deepak.Wagh@fiapl.com
Sudhir.Bansal@fiapl.com

Head – Corporate Communications
Marius D’lima
marius.dlima@fiapl.com
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 18:04   #94
BHPian

Dear J.Ravi,

Thanks a tonne, friend! An email is going out tonite copied to FIAPL that they need to pull their socks.

Cheers, Sam
Old 8th October 2010, 09:21   #95
BHPian

... Update

Upon posting a compaint to FIAPL the day before evening, I received an email yesterday morning from service@fiapl.com (Manu Srivastava - Customer Services) informing the 'concerns; will be resolved on priority.

Also received an sms from Tata Motors informing a complaint #.

Nothing more and no pro-active feedback from Twins Wheels the whole of yesterday. Hence I called the General Manager of Twins Wheels moments ago who informed me that some engineer from FIAPL is scheduled his visit today.

Lets see what happens over the day.

Not so Cheerful.... Sam
Old 13th October 2010, 18:23   #96
BHPian

Default .... 13th Oct update

Folks,

Sorry to report that the service experience at Baroda for FIAT is bad. REAL bad. I am informed today that the ordered parts are taking upto three weeks to ship and that is causing a delay. So this is third week running with nothing attended. My Linea is lying with its front console ripped open, collecting dust.

Am surprised that finding the part number of the defective ACC itself took 2 weeks - forget about other services. The attention to details is pathetic and I think if I was at the service center, could have done a good job myself.

I think Twins Wheels are not motivated or untrainied and probably not getting support from FIAT. I should have stuck with Aspi at Ahmedabd - a 120 kms away.

I was so happy to see finally a service centre in Baroda; but the experience has left a bitter taste. From such a high of a ownership experience, I have come down with a thud.

Sorry to report this guys. I know this is heartbreak for Fiat lovers and fellow Lineans.

Sam
Old 13th October 2010, 20:04   #97
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sorry to hear the sorry state of affairs at Twins Wheels, lightinin95. Please apprise Fiat India about these developments. I wish your Fiat Linea a speedy recovery.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 09:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Sorry to hear the sorry state of affairs at Twins Wheels, lightinin95. Please apprise Fiat India about these developments. I wish your Fiat Linea a speedy recovery.
Thanks J Ravi,

Actually did that yesterday evening and copied this TBHP link too. As a consequence, I received a call at 8.30 pm from FIAPL or Tata service advisor based in Ahmedabad and he said he will look into this first thing in the morning.

But I cannot be writing to FIAPL all the time can I? I guess Twins Wheels in my town is out for me and I would rather go back to Aspi In Ahmedabad next time around.

Cheers, Sam
Old 14th October 2010, 11:08   #99
BHPian

Its really sad that a fine product is getting such bad support. For all those who have been replying asking him to mail FIAT, Sorry- This is not the way to get things done. Escalations should not be the only way to get things corrected. That should generally be the last resort.

Hoping things get sorted out fast.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:26   #100
BHPian

In my adventure I have faced similar issue . It is now non existent as I frequently use the car now . The sound was like a coconut shell braking into pieces while the car runs over it .

It is present in most fiat group cars including Alfa Romeo . People owes this phenomenon to cold climate in Europe ,though dont know what could be the reason here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi All,

Have something interesting to report.

Normally when I return after 3-4 days business trips & when the vehicle gets to move the first time - there is a gentle 'krrkkk' sound from the tyres (alloy rims I guess). I have always attributed to slight rust that must be forming when the vehicle is stationary for long (and being washed every second day).

Two days ago I was back after a fortnight. This time the left rear tyre refused to budge and dragged itself for 3-4 feet. I could sense the problem and thought it must have been a puncture. Thankfully it was not. Then I reversed it into my parking position and that would have cleared whatever was blocking it. The tyre was free to roll soon after and it is business as usual now.

So anyone of you experienced this? Comments / suggestions pls..

Cheers, Sam
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:45   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Its really sad that a fine product is getting such bad support. For all those who have been replying asking him to mail FIAT, Sorry- This is not the way to get things done. Escalations should not be the only way to get things corrected. That should generally be the last resort.

Hoping things get sorted out fast.
Hi Krish3 - I absolutely agree. Escalation for action should not be the norm. Never had to do that till I got my services done at Aspi - Ahmedabad.

In this case it was a last resort to galvanise action in an otherwise hopeless service experience at Baroda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
In my adventure I have faced similar issue . It is now non existent as I frequently use the car now . The sound was like a coconut shell braking into pieces while the car runs over it .
Hi Swathyd : What you are quoting was a Jan 2010 issue. The problem was attributed to slight rust on the disc brakes - formed due to limited use of the car (regular water wash & long time stationary position). It was gone after dealer - Aspi used a lathe machine to smoothen the discs.

Cheers Sam
Old 14th October 2010, 15:07   #102
BHPian

Default Return to Aspi?

>>>

Sam,

Is it possible for you to find out (discreetly/privately) from Aspi about the availability of the part there and how soon can they attend to and solve your problem?

If the answer to both is favourable vis-avis Twin Wheels, Fiat shouldn't object to your switching loyalties from the latter to the former.

After all, your interest is to see the matter resolved to yoursatisfaction, by getting back the Linea running optimally!

Regards, drive safe
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 15:43   #103
BHPian

sam,

i have heard of similar issues from multiple petrol linea owners.

if not mistaken the problem is with a faulty ECU, which fiat india was replacing on priority. check it up.
samyakmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 12:08   #104
BHPian

Default 18 Oct feedback. All is almost well !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Sam,

Is it possible for you to find out (discreetly/privately) from Aspi about the availability of the part there and how soon can they attend to and solve your problem?

If the answer to both is favourable vis-avis Twin Wheels, Fiat shouldn't object to your switching loyalties from the latter to the former.

After all, your interest is to see the matter resolved to yoursatisfaction, by getting back the Linea running optimally!
Hi Issigonis,

Two weeks ago I did speak with the service manager at Aspi who promptly offered to assist the Twins Wheels SA. It did not help as it was out of bounds for Aspi also.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
sam,

i have heard of similar issues from multiple petrol linea owners.
if not mistaken the problem is with a faulty ECU, which fiat india was replacing on priority. check it up.
Hi Samyak Modi and all,

The problem was not in the ECU but the ACC front panel.

This is what happened on 14 and 15 Oct. I received an email from Mr Mangesh Kodalkar of FIAPL on 14th morning that things will be under control and resolved. And I guess the resolution process was speedily put in place.

On 14th afternoon, I received a call from a Tata service advisor from Ahmedabad (Jigar Shah) that my car will be attended to by 14th evening and it will be dropped at my home latest by 15th morning.

Jigar updated me every two hours from Ahmedabad and he was more on top of things than the SA at Twinswheels Baroda. I think since the parts were shipped only on 13th or 14th, it would have taken time to reach Baroda before the weekend and (I think) they resorted salvage the parts from a newly shipped Linea.

Finally I received my car at the doorstep on 15 Oct at 3 pm. A few post services issues remained.
1. The Seat belt alarm was malfunctioning.
2. The plastics below the ACC console looked roughened & at places lost its black colour and some white specs were seen.
3. The console below teh steering showed gaps.

I was promised that this will be taken care of today afternoon. Someone will pick my car from my office and bring it back after setiing these right.

I have emailed Mr Kodalkar today thanking for galvanizing this service activity. Also informed him that I do not wish to knock on FIAPL's door for getting normal services organised and I hope they get their Baroda services up to mark and speed.

I was informed that the A.S.S ordered the parts to FIAPL only by 11/12 Oct that led to this delay. Oh well !?

Hopefully the saga will end today and I will get the car back in normal shape.

Btw, the regular (post one year) service bill came about INR 2,800/- The other parts/ fitments were done completely free of cost.

Cheers, Sam
Old 18th October 2010, 12:16   #105
BHPian

>>>

Sam,

Good news for you at last (time certainly moves at a snail's pace when a car is stricken, isn't it) at Dusshera time. Hope Fiat gets everything right, for you and for other Linea owners as well. The Linea deserves better a**.

Look forward to more your white steed on its desert rides often!

Regards, drive safe
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote