Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st September 2009, 15:36   #16
BHPian

Congrats PK_Del for finally laying your hands on this awesome Italian chick. I believe normal wax polish is sufficient and you should not go for any other coating, that too so early.
So which seat covers you planning to have?
Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 15:37   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase PK, the excitement you felt is clearly reflecting on the words you have written. As all say, you keep discovering new things till you get used to all the gadgets and diesel engine. Wishing you safe driving.
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 16:01   #18
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes.

Seat covers, I plan to co-ordinate with ghost_rider for them. I think Tan will look good for my Med Grey...But I will have to check other color options too...

So you all recommend to do a 3M liquid Wax polish once in 6 Mos? Is there any other brand better than 3M? I have read about Turtle Wax and DIY Wax polishes.

I felt one thing which I would like to share here:

Mostly my relatives are from business community and to my surprise most of them didnt know that a car named Punto exists in India .

Mannn this was so shocking to me and I spent around 10 mins with each of them to explain what the car is all about...So I think Fiat should do much better job in advertising the car...

Like giving adds in Hindi daily like, Dainik Jagran, Navbharath Times, Milaap etc...
They should definitely give their adds in Midday...

-PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 16:41   #19
BHPian

Hey congrats man! Another beauty to Team-BHP!
rageshgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Default EDIT: 300 KM running report

Hi All,

Sorry, I got busy with work and didnt get a chance to upload the pics. It will take another week to do so.

Now here is the 300 KM running report:

1. First of all I would say that it took me a while to get used to the diesel engine.
2. Initially I got stuck on the ramp and was not able to take my car over it. But now I am fine with the diesel engine.
3. the stability and feel of the car is just awesome. You just need to keep the engine in the sweet spot. Currently I am keeping it between 2K-3K RPM in the city and enjoying the power of GP.
4. On Tuesday it was like a mela in the parking lot of my office. Many ppl from other companies were just coming to see the GP.
5. FE: I am averaging around 19.4 kmpl at an average speed of 32 KMPH. I would say I am very happy with the average. Mixed driving in city and high way with 40% time AC on.
6. Hope that it gets better after the first service...

Niggles:

1. I couldn't sleep when I noticed that there is no beading on the windshield glass.
2. Today I checked some GP pics on the BHP site and saw that it is the same for all the GP's.
3. Blind spots: wow I am facing difficulty to maneuver this car in congested streets. It has a huge blind spot on the A pillar. It is very difficult to spot 2 wheelers if you are turning in to small streets.
4. Turning circle. This car needs some serious space to take a U turn and it is difficult to park in tight spaces.
5. Rattles: None-So far so good. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Scratches:

1. Got a minor scratch under the fog lamps on the front bumper. Dont know how I got it. It is barely visible unless you look closely.

Number plate and Manual:

1. I will get the manual, service coupon and number plate tomorrow.

Overall I am very happy with GP cant complain. I will say the courtship period is over, now I need to understand my GP and build a long lasting relationship.

I am feeling that love with Fiat cars is special. I had the same attachment with my Premier Padmini.

I need to say some thing about my OHC otherwise she will feel bad. OHC she is a gem of a car. Honda should have stuck to the same mantra "Fun to drive".

The relationship with OHC is like:

"Hey baby its raining heavily the roads are jam, we are low on fuel, there is no petrol pump for next 10-15KM, and it is 121 K on the ODO, can we make it"....
OHC: "Trust me"

She has taken all the brunt with a smile on her face without even rattling once (knock on the wood)...

Thats all I can say...

-PK
Old 15th September 2009, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Hi All,

I am very sad to say that I lost my rear wiper of my Punto :(. It was there in the morning but when I reached my office it was not there. It fell off some where.

Is this a common problem? I read about the same problem in one of fellow BHPian post.

Come on Fiat, my car is just 400 KM old and this problem has come up. What should I do now...This is serious QC issue....

-PK
Old 15th September 2009, 12:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
I am very sad to say that I lost my rear wiper of my Punto :(. It was there in the morning but when I reached my office it was not there. It fell off some where.

Is this a common problem? I read about the same problem in one of fellow BHPian post.

Come on Fiat, my car is just 400 KM old and this problem has come up. What should I do now...This is serious QC issue....

-PK
I don't think it's that easy for a wiper to fall off no matter how bad the build quality. Maybe it was robbed? Or a kid was playing with it and it loosened up and hence fell off? When I had the S10, it was parked in a society with lots of kids playing. When I came down, I noticed that my rear wiper was hanging loose and the roof mounted antenna was bent and broken.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 12:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pk_del. enjoy the ride. I'm still waiting!

Quote:
Hey I think this is a common issue..! last weekend I saw a Punto E+ in Kulathunkal showroom, and it had ts rear wiper blade kept on top of the car by someone! I guess it fell off while some prospective customer fiddled with it.

Last edited by clevermax : 15th September 2009 at 12:23.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:31   #24
BHPian

Congrats pk_del for the new Italian Rooster.
Really sad about the rear wiper.
But Boss, its really bad to hold these gentlemen for such a long time for pics
mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 10:26   #25
BHPian

sorry for the delay, just bear with me for one more day. I will upload the pics.

Well I brought this issue with Fiat India and as a special gesture they mentioned that they will provide the wiper. I would like to thank them and say that this is excellent customer support from Fiat India ...

-PK
Old 16th September 2009, 13:05   #26
BHPian

Congratulations PK
I have booked my Punto 1.3 MJD E+ as well and expecting delivery by the end of the month. Keep going on this thread and I will compare the notes :-)

I have been offered the 12K corporate discount and now worried that on delivery day, the dealer might act up. Lets see, fingers crossed

By the way did you create an document/spreadsheet for the PDI. If so, can you PM it to me.

Thanks
aarenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 17:49   #27
BHPian

Thanks aarnes,

You can find the detailed PDI list on team-bhp home page. It is a very nice document. Infact I have shared it with my colleagues too.

-PK
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:56   #28
BHPian

Default Fiat Punto: Pics and 800 KM report

Dear All,

The wait is finally over.

800KM report (Med Grey E+ MJD):

Engine:

After 800 KM I feel that the engine is now freeing up. I feel the power is adequate. Somehow I feel it should have another overdrive may be a 6 speed gearbox.

Interior:

I have not yet removed the plastic covers from my seats. They will be retiring from duty once I finalize on my seat covers.

Everyone (who saw my car) praised the interiors. Though I feel little scared while using the seat adjustment levers and the boot/fuel lid lever.

Touchwood, no rattles till now.

Stability:

Lots has been said on this. I have not taken the car past 90 KMPH (and that too ocassionally), the car feels very stable and begs to be pushed. I will have to restrain from it until the first service.

FE:

I am averaging around 16 KM/L in the city/highway driving with mixed AC usage. I hope this improves after the first service

Niggles:

None so far. My rear wiper fell some where and Fiat has agreed to replace free of cost.

Here are some pics of my car:

Front of the car:

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-front_1.jpg

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-front_2.jpg

3/4th Side profile:

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-side.jpg

Back (white patch is reflection):

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-back.jpg

Alloys:

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-alloys.jpg

Instrument Panel:

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-instru1.jpg

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-instru2.jpg

Music System (sorry forgot to switch it on to capture the display):

Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-music.jpg

I am open to questions now

Thanks,

-PK
Attached Thumbnails
Got the delivery of my Punto EDIT: 30,000 kms update-front.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am open to questions now
Don't you have a running ownership report already here? Why start a new one?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:28   #30
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
My rear wiper fell some where and Fiat has agreed to replace free of cost.
Funny that a wiper can simply fall off

BTW, it seems you bought the Punto from Rama motors in Okhla. I took a test drive of their red Punto at this location.
Hoopoe is offline   Reply With Quote