Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th September 2009, 11:11   #46
BHPian

@rajeev k : So its not just the Navi mumbai Maruti dealers then. I had a similar experience when I went with a friend to buy a Swift about 2 years back. I was totally put off by the Maruti dealer (Ratan motors Chembur) and had my friend not wanted the Swift badly we would have walked out.

Yes I too am seeing more Sparks than ever before especially here in Pune.

@harishnayak : I have read your entire travelogue and was most impressed. Now I am sure you must have had a fair number of dealings with GM A.S.S and I want your honest opinion on them. Are they good in solving any problems that you may have? Hows the overall quality of the car especially after having driven so many kms in such a short time? Any inputs would be appreciated.

@rabnawaz_b : I agree that the brakes could be a tad better. About the problem of scrapping at the bottom, No, I haven't encountered any scrapping yet, but then I slow down quite a bit on speed breakers.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 12:29   #47
BHPian

Sparkled, probably you should try with 4 people on board. Or may be Mumbai doesnt have speedbreakers as bangalore. I hope bangloreans agree on that. sorry
rabnawaz_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 20:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Another question, will the FE go down even with the spacers? I was planning to put the spacers for my car. Also, will the athorized service centre will do the spacers work for me or do I need to take it to the local mechanic? And how much does it cost?
I don' think that the Fe would go down with the spacers however i think you need to take the car to the showroom and ask them to check the problem that you're facing.

They are bound to either change the car or rectify the problem without any cost involved.

The spacers cannot be installed at the show room , the local guy would charge anywhere between 300 to 700 depending on the city.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 20:49   #49
BHPian

i took a test drive of a Spark yesterday. As I have been using a Matiz for long, it felt at home. I took it up a gradient easily. However I feel the internal finish of a Matiz was far superior. The new beige colour is too dark and does not appeal. I specifically asked for the remaining cars with a grey internal finish and latched on to a Icy blue colour model. I hope to get it before 30 Sept after my SBI loan is hopefully processed pronto!
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 21:06   #50
BHPian

Tell me folks, if those amongst you who are proud owners of a Spark had to pay 'handling charges' of Rs. 3000 to complete RTO registration formalities to the dealer? That's what the dealer has asked for in Pune..
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 07:43   #51
BHPian

Rs. 3000 for what? I mean what handling are they going to do 3k.
As far as I know, the RTO is already included in on-road price. Do you mean delivery charges?
I had Rs. 1000 as delivery charges and I bargained it with the dealer. They did charge me Rs. 1000, however they included free sunfilm worth Rs.1500.
Old 8th September 2009, 08:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Rs. 3000 for what? I mean what handling are they going to do 3k.
As far as I know, the RTO is already included in on-road price. Do you mean delivery charges?
I had Rs. 1000 as delivery charges and I bargained it with the dealer. They did charge me Rs. 1000, however they included free sunfilm worth Rs.1500.
Almost all dealers charge this "extra" under different names. If you ask what for, it would be a standard answer with to be paid to officers, logistics etc.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 08:32   #53
BHPian

I would say if all the dealers are same then we have no option. However, do bargain for some freebies like sunfilm, seatcovers, wheelcaps etc..
Old 8th September 2009, 09:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

I think there is a charge of around Rs 1000 , i'm not sure though and like rab mentioned bargain for the goodies before you book the car.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
@rajeev k : So its not just the Navi mumbai Maruti dealers then. I had a similar experience when I went with a friend to buy a Swift about 2 years back. I was totally put off by the Maruti dealer (Ratan motors Chembur) and had my friend not wanted the Swift badly we would have walked out.

Yes I too am seeing more Sparks than ever before especially here in Pune.

@harishnayak : I have read your entire travelogue and was most impressed. Now I am sure you must have had a fair number of dealings with GM A.S.S and I want your honest opinion on them. Are they good in solving any problems that you may have? Hows the overall quality of the car especially after having driven so many kms in such a short time? Any inputs would be appreciated.

@rabnawaz_b : I agree that the brakes could be a tad better. About the problem of scrapping at the bottom, No, I haven't encountered any scrapping yet, but then I slow down quite a bit on speed breakers.
I bought my car from Vikas motors in Delhi - To be very honest the service is not all good. The attendants there don't really care too much about the customers waiting .

I've even seen captiva owners being not treated very nicely leave alone the spark and other models.

My brother once directly walked into the directors room upon the attendants not giving proper service ( this happened one day after we got the car serviced and the horn stopped working ). My bro went in the evening to get it fixed and they told him that he should come next day sso he got furious and walked into the directors room. The issue was immediately fixed with the attendants getting a shouting from the Director/owner.

Now we know the key to get the things done.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I bought my car from Vikas motors in Delhi - To be very honest the service is not all good. The attendants there don't really care too much about the customers waiting .
Hmm so I have to look out for this. Anyway my car has almost completed 1000 kms and is due for the first check (reassurance service) soon. Will post my experiences here along with some more pictures of the interiors as promised.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 14:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

I would like to narrate an experience at a Maruti dealership in Alleppy (Hercules Motors) exactly an year ago,when my brother-in-law purchased the Alto. The sales guy has initialy offered central locking as a freebee which he has given in writing also. When I went to take delivery of the car no remote locking system was found installed. To my utter dismay the guy was trying to convince me that the 'icats' system, which is a feature in all maruti cars from 2007 onwards, is what he meant as the central lock. I insisted for the lock system and refused to take delivery of the car. Later after the intervention of a senior guy I took the delivery when he offered the system at half the price. Later d uring the first service he fitted the system and gave a car cover as an additional freebie. To many who were not aware of Icats he would have suceeded in this gimmicry.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 02:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I would like to narrate an experience at a Maruti dealership in Alleppy (Hercules Motors) exactly an year ago,when my brother-in-law purchased the Alto. The sales guy has initialy offered central locking as a freebee which he has given in writing also. When I went to take delivery of the car no remote locking system was found installed. To my utter dismay the guy was trying to convince me that the 'icats' system, which is a feature in all maruti cars from 2007 onwards, is what he meant as the central lock. I insisted for the lock system and refused to take delivery of the car. Later after the intervention of a senior guy I took the delivery when he offered the system at half the price. Later d uring the first service he fitted the system and gave a car cover as an additional freebie. To many who were not aware of Icats he would have suceeded in this gimmicry.
Boy That is sheer cheating , my sister in law bought an alto and was promised car perfume along with other accessories however on the delivery date he refused saying that it was out of stock.

Although a very small item but promise is a promise to be kept with your customers. This is just a sales gimmick to atleast get the customer enrolled.

As i said in one of my previous posts that these promises should be taken from them well in advance sternly to avoid any inconvenience later.
Old 9th September 2009, 05:39   #59
BHPian

wow spark in black color is a beauty to admire at.

I am currently in a dilemma to get sprak or alto for my friend
jp2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
wow spark in black color is a beauty to admire at.

I am currently in a dilemma to get sprak or alto for my friend
Both my rugged babies , I'll vote for alto in terms of reliability and mileage and spark in terms of comfort and luxury in that segment.

Have travelled the length and breadth of India in them. Let me know the usage so that i can suggest more precisely.
Attached Images