Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2009, 21:33   #31
BHPian

Every time I look at the pictures of a blue 1.6 S, I feel like trading in my S10. Such an addictive car that. And the drive is virtually unmatched.Congrats on making a brilliant choice. Good luck!
roms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:08   #32
BHPian

Nice pics of the blue beauty there gautam.. Reminds me of the Subaru Impreza WRX.

I wanted to know, from where are you getting the High security Number Plates done? and the cost?

My punto dealer has no idea what they are..

Thanx

Last edited by TC_aashay : 2nd September 2009 at 22:11.
TC_aashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 09:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GAUTAM on the 1.6 S! Its an absolute driver's car and begs to be driven. Enjoy her and please keep us posted.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:25   #34
BHPian

Congrats Gautam. You will enjoy each and every drive you take on the 1.6. Its sound is simply awesome.

Waiting for some pics in some beautiful locales. Do give in a drive report as well. Will help prospective buyers on what to expect from the car.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:41   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Gautham; Do 'drive' it the way it should be
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:11   #36
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congrats on the 1.6 S.
The car looks very very good in this color.

The Aquarius fiesta calls for a good photo-shoot & high resolution pics.

Linking pics of my friend's 1.6S.
great pics!! will do a nice photoshoot over the weekend, the only problem is i dont have a camera, too lazy to research and buy one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey Gautam,

thats a real mean machine. even i have booked my 1.6 sxi premium (Platinum) from Bhavna Ford. i TDed the Blue 1.6S, and was takem away by its power ... as you rightly say, the exhaust noise is absolutely addictive. But, since i was looking at a family car (and 1.6S didt have rear headrest, rear armrest), i decided to go for 1.6Sxi. Also, liked the interiors of Sxi bit more. But nevertheless, its a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Durateq - awesome power

BTW, did you bargain for discounts et all. You seemed to have booked the car in 1 day - thats fast man...it took me almost 15-20 days to finally book (After i decided on the 1.6 Sxi.... i booked mine on 26Aug. delivery on 19 Sep (though Bhavna was ready to give delivery within 10 days, the period from 3Sep to 18Sep is not 'shubh')

Thanks and happy revving the car...

Ashish
That's awesome!! sxi is a very comfortable and fast car, I got a 55k discount and little else. Once i drove the car, just could'nt wait to book and get delivery. So who are you talking to at Bhavna? Please ask to speak with Harshit in case of any issues, he is the GM. I escalated a few things to him and got prompt and more than satisfactory results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Every time I look at the pictures of a blue 1.6 S, I feel like trading in my S10. Such an addictive car that. And the drive is virtually unmatched.Congrats on making a brilliant choice. Good luck!
Then do it!! i would not mind taking your S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Nice pics of the blue beauty there gautam.. Reminds me of the Subaru Impreza WRX.

I wanted to know, from where are you getting the High security Number Plates done? and the cost?

My punto dealer has no idea what they are..

Thanx
Hey aashay, the HSNP is a dealer freebie in my case, he is getting it done from somewhere in Dahisar, if you want i can ask him for the place. So what color have you chosen for your Punto?? If it's red then i seriously envy you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats Gautam. You will enjoy each and every drive you take on the 1.6. Its sound is simply awesome.

Waiting for some pics in some beautiful locales. Do give in a drive report as well. Will help prospective buyers on what to expect from the car.
Thanks krish, both of those things are on my to do list and shall be attened to very soon.
Gautam Dhaliwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

awww man. the blue Fiesta S just looks like a different car altogether. LOVE the car, and love the performance. Like someone rightly said, more pics should be the order of the day. Splatter this forum with pictures of the Blue S. I would love to see as many as I can.

As for the mudflaps, the dealer is right. There are no flaps for the S. The body kit is mounted in such a way that there is no provision for them. The kit acts like a mud flap anyway.
I have a set of 4 lying in my car, as it comes as part of the ESSENTIAL kit which is provided by Ford, and they didn't know how to fit them. So lying brand new and unused. Still packed.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 16:53   #38
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
awww man. the blue Fiesta S just looks like a different car altogether. LOVE the car, and love the performance. Like someone rightly said, more pics should be the order of the day. Splatter this forum with pictures of the Blue S. I would love to see as many as I can.

As for the mudflaps, the dealer is right. There are no flaps for the S. The body kit is mounted in such a way that there is no provision for them. The kit acts like a mud flap anyway.
I have a set of 4 lying in my car, as it comes as part of the ESSENTIAL kit which is provided by Ford, and they didn't know how to fit them. So lying brand new and unused. Still packed.
and i will not disappoint, just have to get my hands on a decent camera.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:39   #39
BHPian

Yep, thats wht the Ford Dealer in Kolkata told me. The Essential pack will have mud flaps but they cant be placed due to the body kit.

Guys, They've quoted me a waiting for around a month. Saying, that there isnt any stock in Chennai. I dunno, but i'm kinda foxed about a 1 month waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

premjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Yep, thats wht the Ford Dealer in Kolkata told me. The Essential pack will have mud flaps but they cant be placed due to the body kit.

Guys, They've quoted me a waiting for around a month. Saying, that there isnt any stock in Chennai. I dunno, but i'm kinda foxed about a 1 month waiting period.
During this time many bookings happened and on an average all saying that dealer is ready to deliver the car in 10 to max 15 days!

Its different that most of them are waiting for Dashera and that's why they delaying to take the car delivery.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 00:34   #41
BHPian

Welcome Fiesta S club.
Push her hard man.You gonna enjoy her.Before anything change the tyres.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 11:59   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post

That's a long wait!! so when have they promised delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Welcome Fiesta S club.
Push her hard man.You gonna enjoy her.Before anything change the tyres.
that i will, I thought stock tyres were decent, was thinking of changing to PP2s or suchlike after 20 - 25k kms. Done 630 kms on stocks till now, changing them now would not make sense right??

I have not pushed the car too much (max speed of 105 in fifth) and feel the grip in quite decent around corners and the car is stable at speed over slightly bad roads as well. Saw Frank saying that his PP2s felt skittish at speed.

Which tyres would you recommend, and what size? 215/50 is the perfect upsize in terms of speedo error, but i hear that it will be too wide. Help!!!
Old 7th September 2009, 12:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Dhaliwal View Post
that i will, I thought stock tyres were decent, was thinking of changing to PP2s or suchlike after 20 - 25k kms. Done 630 kms on stocks till now, changing them now would not make sense right??

I have not pushed the car too much (max speed of 105 in fifth) and feel the grip in quite decent around corners and the car is stable at speed over slightly bad roads as well. Saw Frank saying that his PP2s felt skittish at speed.

Which tyres would you recommend, and what size? 215/50 is the perfect upsize in terms of speedo error, but i hear that it will be too wide. Help!!!
Gautam, even I thought the stock size and tyres were pretty decent in terms of overall grip and performance. The first thing I do on a TD is to throw the car around corners (which are difficult to find in city limits) :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...y-special.html (Ford Fiesta 1.6S - The "S" is truly special)

Nevertheless, I did push the car a fair bit on Worli Sea face and I pretty much loved the way the car hugged the road. 195/55 R15 is a good enough size and I really dont think an upsize is required, unless of course you are not happy with the grip or noise levels.
roms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:03   #44
BHPian

thanks, nice review there, I think noise levels and grip that the stock tyres offer is pretty decent. Hopefully I will not need to change my opinion once i really start ripping the car.
One more thing, I feel that right now my brakes are not very sharp, they feel mushy and vague. Will it help if i get them tightened?? I basically want the brakes to bite without depressing the pedal too much
Old 7th September 2009, 16:33   #45
BHPian

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Gautam. If things go as planned, I'll be joining the 1.6S club soon.

Last edited by Govinda-Govinda : 7th September 2009 at 16:47.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote