Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th September 2009, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the detailed report, Omar. Isn't that sound in the ANHC when you cross 100 kmph due to the vtec motor coming into play---I heard that the vtec comes into play only at higher speeds?
Don't know about that, but its a bothering noise. Also, there is a distict difference in the ride quality (I can compare, as I drive both). Linea is miles ahead in this department.
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 11:33   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed report, Omar. Isn't that sound in the ANHC when you cross 100 kmph due to the vtec motor coming into play---I heard that the vtec comes into play only at higher speeds?
More than the speed, it's really at high rpms where the Vtec "comes into play" and the engine develops an entirely different character. My OHC Vtec comes into its own above 4,000 rpms.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 12:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Thanks Karthik. The seats I got it done at Orchis Design, a complete car interior design shop. They have the work shop in Vikhroli (Kailash Complex). You can visit their website Dress Up Your Automotive Interior with Orchis Designers , or you can get in touch with Anil/Pratik on 9870203580/9920790827. They claim that, they do more than 70% of the dealer work of Mumbai. I have a reson to believe, as I always saw brand new Skodas (with the factory sticker on it) coming for interior before even they are sold. Since its the 1st contact point, you get it cheaper than third party guys who may be sourcing it from them. They claim to have done more than 50 lineas already. They did my car in 4 hours (from cutting to stiching to fixing).
Remarkable,within 4 hours.
Definitley one of the good workmanship indeed.
Very well contoured and the rear head rest fitting is very neat.
I have seen some work by stanley,Ovion and karlasson.
But i like your's atmost.
I am in Chennai.Just enquire them whether they do work in Chennai or dealers.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:39   #34
BHPian

Not sure, if they will do in Chennai. You can call and check. This guy has been doing this job for 5 years and all the guys with him are there with him since. They do one hell of a job. I recommend them to all for sure .
omar1310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 11:47   #35
BHPian

Good comaprisons with the ANHC. When I test drove ANHC after Linea, those were my exact feelings- little peppier and not even close to being as solid as Linea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
The front cabin light has laser lights to give you the view of the gear box area, just in case you do not want to switch on the cabin light.
. Those are LED's. I guess a laser would just burn through the gearbox.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote