Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2009, 14:29   #16
BHPian

Default My Hottie got Mods

Here are the modifications I got to my Hottie i20 CRDI costing me over 45k till now.

1. Custom dual beige tone seat covers with deep fitting - 6.5k
2. LED Strips over front and rear lights - 3k
3. 12v Negative ions deodorizer air purifier - 0.5k
4. "That Is" branded car key chain - 0.5k
5. Roots windtone horn - 0.5k
6. Car cleaning kit incl vacuum cleaner - 2.5k
7. Gold stones Ganapat dashboard idol - 0.4k
8. Hyundai under body anti rust coating - 1.6k
9. Shark Fin Decorative Antenna - 0.5k
10. 1st Coating Windshield 3M CR70 + 3M RE35 - 10.2k
11. 2nd Coating only sides & rear 3M SP20 - 3.2k
12. Reverse horn - 0.2k
13. RD 7" Inch LCD display + RD Camera + RD sensors - 10.5k

More 30k I am planning to spend over alloys and others

1. Lenso / Hijoin / Yongle / Freeman Alloys - 27k
2. Working Shark Fin FM/GPS antenna - 3.5k

Please help me in deciding the alloy wheels from the below choice set that I have shortlisted.

Picasa Web Albums - Vamsi Krishna - Alloys
gotovamsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 17:22   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Here are the modifications I got to my Hottie i20 CRDI costing me over 45k till now.

12. Reverse horn - 0.2k

More 30k I am planning to spend over alloys and others

1. Lenso / Hijoin / Yongle / Freeman Alloys - 27k
2. Working Shark Fin FM/GPS antenna - 3.5k

Please help me in deciding the alloy wheels from the below choice set that I have shortlisted.

Picasa Web Albums - Vamsi Krishna - Alloys
some pics of your above stuffs added please.Also the pictures you posted doesnt give clear image, LED's gives too bright lights is that good for traffic rules.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 17:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

could you post a picture of that shark fin antenna? can it be used in i10 to replace the long stock antenna?

Last edited by blackasta : 19th September 2009 at 17:25.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 17:18   #19
BHPian

There were no good branded seat covers designed exclusively for i20 so that it best fits its curvy seat structure. I seriously wanted everything brand inside but I am not satisfied with few when I trailed them on driving seat. So I have decided to go for custom stitched covers with deep fitting so that it gives a better look with out any air gaps.

Light strip inside Audi head lights really inspired me to try this LED Strip over my hottie i20. Though its impossible to imitate the best of Audi its definitely a little close and I heard by passers whispering the same looking at it.

I got to go, will take lill more time to discuss and upload pictures of all those mods after m back.
Old 21st September 2009, 03:47   #20
BHPian

Default Mods to my hottie i20 CRDI

There were no good branded seat covers designed exclusively for i20 so that it best fits its curvy seat structure. I seriously wanted everything brand inside but I am not satisfied with few when I trailed them on driving seat. So I have decided to go for custom stitched covers with deep fitting so that it gives a better look with out any air gaps.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 9944
Size:  36.4 KB

Light strip inside Audi head lights really inspired me to try this LED Strip over my hottie i20. Though its impossible to imitate the best of Audi its definitely a little close and I heard by passers whispering the same looking at it.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 7776
Size:  22.7 KB

This is one utility I bought for my car to improve fresh air causing negative ions that quickly deodorizes any strong odors.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 7926
Size:  49.2 KB

This is a key chain with black finish matching with my black foldable key cum lock transmitter.

This is one good choice I made over Hella, Nautilus, Bosch horns which are either not sounding great or too expensive for a horn. Earlier with the company fitted low tone hella single horn not even one on the road used to bother to give side for me. Now with my new roots 2 windtone horns that sounds simillar to a skoda people are really looking back at my car when it honks.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 7821
Size:  48.4 KB

This I bought online that comes as a kit with vaccum cleaner, Formula1 Scratch Out and Formula One wax polish and a shampoo.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 7679
Size:  6.2 KB

This is the one idol that unconditionally attracts those watching inside for the first time as it has all class look with gold coat and stones embedded.

This was much required that time when it was heavily raining in hyderabad every day with roadfull of water. I dont know what the workshop guy did but he just took 15mins to finish spraying under body.

This is the one I chose temporarily after some sh*t heads stole my antenna in a public parking. But in india I heard only imitation of shark fin antennas are available and these are not any working antennas boosting the FM signal. I wannu use this untill I get my working shark fin antenna that I am planning to buy online from UK.

Name:  9a.jpg
Views: 7876
Size:  21.2 KB
Name:  9c.jpg
Views: 7639
Size:  26.1 KB

I always wanted to have that cool dark look on glasses that gives my car a class finish also improving privacy inside, A/C and thus mileage. Some warned me on any darker sun control film shades that are against RTA rules and many said its not any issue untill cops can see whats going on inside without any difficulty in day and night. Listening to the suggestions of couple of BHPians and going through many threads and after so much of analysis I decided to add 3M CR70 for windsheild and 3M RE35 for the remaining. Later I realized that I made a mistake in my selection after spending a whole lot of 10.4k on it.

Name:  before.jpg
Views: 7371
Size:  32.9 KB
Name:  before2.jpg
Views: 7413
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  re35.jpg
Views: 7461
Size:  40.8 KB
Name:  re35a.jpg
Views: 7664
Size:  53.1 KB

I could not digest the hard fact that there is'nt any visible difference on the cool look of ma car glasses not even darker to another 15%. So I felt whatever it was I have to get it done again leaving the windshield. I spoke to many known technicians and confirmed that its not any problem to have double coating with low cost non metallic 3M SP20 over my metallic 3M RE35. So finally had the dark kool look that I wanted on my car. Believe me or not its still visible inside through those glasses and I think I can defend cops on this.

Name:  re35sp20.jpg
Views: 7266
Size:  22.2 KB
Name:  re35sp20a.jpg
Views: 7331
Size:  41.5 KB

12. Reverse horn - 0.2k

I got this fixed when I was lazy spending on it so is this low tone reverse music. But otherwise I wanted it as this is something basic for a car.

This was also after much research in and out of Team BHP. I had few cheap made in china options before me when I was going for it but hardly controlled myself to find something of good quality and brand. Finally it was RD that became my choice. Suresh is RD distributor in hyd and is a very nice guy who has good knowledge on car mods. He also allowed me to use both models with and without bluetooth before paying for it. I found with-bluetooth is more frustrating to get the camera view soon after starting it without having it connected to my mobile coz of that nagging connecting... screen. So got the other model with a dedicated switch below my steering. This is a combo pack night view camera along with rear sensors that also shows me how far the object is from all 4 sensors with a buzz. So now I can see my car rear video all the time while m driving and this helps me well in nights wearing those sunfilms on all glasses. Reversing in a packed parking is a Zip Zap Zoom now for me.

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 12684
Size:  35.1 KB
Name:  13a.jpg
Views: 12695
Size:  37.2 KB

14. 4 mode Hose Pipe 10mt for car washing - 1k

I purchased it online after dropping the other choice of bosch jet pipe which is 7k more than this simple yet powerful hose pipe. This is a very good to have thing for cleaning 2/4 wheeler without any big fuss. Just plug it to your ordinary tap and you will get 4 modes. I use one mode for quick washing before applying shampoo, then another flushing mode after rinsing. Sharp stream to clean my tyres and mudflaps. My watchman now enjoys cleaning my car with it.

Name:  DSC_0067.jpg
Views: 8533
Size:  43.2 KB

Thats ma hottie i20 CRDI reaping the roads with its stunning looks.

Name:  DSC_0075.jpg
Views: 7224
Size:  62.5 KB
Old 21st September 2009, 09:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! That's a loong list of stuff you've got there. Can you show how the monitor for the LCD is mounted? The seatcovers look good, i wanted to get some kind of seat covers done too, but cannot since my car has airbags coming from the front seat!

No offense GS, but the car will look better without the LED strips, these days, every single auto and taxi indica/taver etc is loaded with this stuff. Just my personal opinion.

Also, i hope no wiring has been cut for the installation of these accessories, pls ensure the same for all future installations too.
Regarding the alloys, a few of my friends have upgraded to 16" and 15". will post some pix soon for reference.

Congrats on the hot hatch, pls post some detailed driving updates too.

Last edited by JayD : 21st September 2009 at 09:40.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 09:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cool accessories for your baby!
Coudl you please let know the site from where you bought item 6 (car cleaning kit) and item 14 (jet hose)? Maybe PM me with the site details?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 12:16   #23
BHPian

@JayD thanks for your opinion dude.

@Blackasta, car cleaning kit is from indiatimes shopping but its sheer waste fake products I guess.

Hose pipe is from ebay that a nice to have product.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:53   #24

Default Nice car

Hey Vamshi, that's a nice car you have. The i20 is one car that has its unique looks, feel and appeal.

Among all your accessories and toys, I love that water jet you have to clean the car. Too bad we either have no water or sea water here at Chennai !
db2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:58   #25

Congratulations Vamsee. It sure is a looker and it looks its best in grey. The darker sunfilm also makes it look very neat and all shiny.

Have you been able to carry out your FE test run or did you notice any improvement in the fuel efficiency compared to your earlier reported 13kmpl?

One more question, did you ever have trouble negotiating some nasty, rather unusually large speed breakers and potholes; did the car ever scrape its underbelly?

Thanks for the regular updates and the pics. Please continue to share with us, your experiences with this korean beauty.

I am sure most of us here would like to see even more pics of your dear hottie dressed in grey with dark shades.
allenzaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 12:28   #26
BHPian

Default Horn

Do you have to remove the front bumper to fix the horns or can it be done hoisting the car on the ramp ? Also the warranty becomes void for the horn, isnt it ? By the way I have the same kind of seat covers on my white 1.2 asta
Mustang29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 10:56   #27

Where in Hyderabad did you get your seat covers stiched?can you give me the address?
narayanan_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 12:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Cool additions. I liked that Shark Fin.Tell your experience at night after the installation of 3M CR70
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 14:20   #29
BHPian

First of all Congrats on Your car,looks great in that colour and also really Great Additions to the car except I didnt like the LED Strips(personal point of view)And regarding the Horn as asked before wouldn't there be a void of warranty by changing the horns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post

Attachment 194969
Isn't Shark Fin Antenna provided with i20?? I was asking because the car on display at HMP(Mumbai) when I went for booking had an Shark Fin Antenna attached to it
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 15:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

dude the list is so longgggg and i think by seeing the list the cost might have exceeded the car price(no offences pls)
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote