Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th March 2010, 01:42   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats bhp ! We were sailing in the same boat, my white Fortuner will be home next week after a 7 month wait ! The car has been dispatched 2 days ago.

Can you please confirm if your car has the upgraded brakes as mentioned earlier in the thread?
Is the fender mirror white in color?

Do post pics !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 11:28   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Bhp!

Did you ask them if the brakes are already upgraded from the factory?

Please do post the pics and the initial ownership experience, more importantlyan update on the brakes.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 18:35   #483
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Did you ask them if the brakes are already upgraded from the factory?
Worthy suggestion. @ Sahil : Make sure you get the bigger discs up at the front. Related Thread linky
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 16:22   #484
bhp
BHPian

@sahil...thanks...yes the fender mirror has to be painted at the dealer
@nkrishnap...thanks

The sales guys dont have any idea about the brake upgrade..i think i have to confirm the same from the mechanic during the 1st service.

I have driven the car for about 400 kms since delivery and have nothing to complain about brakes yet. the brakes are very comfortable for the city and highway under normal conditions. havent had a chance to brake hard at speeds above 100 kmph as the car is runnning-in at the moment.

I saw the upgraded brake picture on another thread posted by dilipkumar and i think my car also has the same brakes. will check on this later and keep updating.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-4x4.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-toyota.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-side.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-rear.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-front.jpg  

bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 18:36   #485
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine who is looking for a 8 seater, wants to go in for the Furtuner. So he asked me how this car compares to the Innova wrt intrior space alone.

Frankly, i had no answer for his question. From what iv seen, the interiors are very similar to the Innova in terms of look and size (no major changes).

So do you think the Fortuner interior is worth paying that much more?

If the engine performance and image/presence of the vehicle is not of any importance to a person, i think he will be equally happy driving around in an diesel Innova (since he is only interested in the seating capacity).

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 27th March 2010 at 18:37.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 18:43   #486
Team-BHP Support

^^^ I find the Innova's interiors more comfortable compared to the Fortuner. Fortuner's high floor and space similar to Innova do not appeal to me if just outright comfort and practical value is considered. Plus the Fortuner does not come with the sliding and reclining Bucket seats option for the middle row.

I would pick Innova if Image, looks, size and offroading ability was not important for me.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 22:06   #487
BHPian

I also felt that Innova is MORE comfortable than Fortuner. Innova really is machine to beat when it comes to practicality. Comfort, Ride Quality, Pleasure to own and drive - it has it all. I wonder if Toyota could bring Innova AT sometime soon.
1-Testosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 12:23   #488
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the Toyota Q show recently and got the chance to compare Innova and Fortuner kept next to each other. Interiors wise - remarkably similar. Driver's seat position is slightly higher in Fortuner. Otherwise, I found Innova interiors to be more comfortable.

At the end of my comparision, I concluded that the Fortuner is better than Innova only for the features (from my PoV) below:
- 4WD
- Higher GC
- Powerful engine
- Brilliant road presence

I am not able to conclude whether the price tag (almost double) is really worth it.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 10:42   #489
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
A friend of mine who is looking for a 8 seater, wants to go in for the Furtuner. So he asked me how this car compares to the Innova wrt intrior space alone.
Shantanu, ironically the 1/2 price Innova is more comfortable than the Fortuner. Bring in the captain seats variant (of the Innova), and second row passengers have unbeatable comfort. Plus the Innova rides better within the city. The Fortuner's suspension is set firm, making for unimpressive urban ride quality.

@ bhp : Congrats! A white Fortuner with VIP'ish number plates will surely open gates for you at the most unexpected of places

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2010 at 10:43.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 21:48   #490
BHPian

Default Short update on Team BHP's (probably) first Fortuner

Purchase Date - 10/04/2008
KM's done - 98,500
Service Interval - 5,000km (done at dealer, first contract upto 80,000km & second upto 160,000km)
Tyres - Stock Bridgestone H/T changed to Bridgestone H/L @ 92,500km
Brakes - Due for change

Out of 24 months of ownership, vehicle has been used for almost 19 months. So far good, has been a good work horse and done duty to the best.

+ve's
Ground clearance
Seating position
Middle row comfort (in comparison with pathfinder)

-ve's
Brakes - could have been better, am used to it now.
Bland interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-dscn3846.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-dscn3958.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-dscn3916.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-picture-192.jpg  

v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 14:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
Purchase Date - 10/04/2008
KM's done - 98,500
Service Interval - 5,000km (done at dealer, first contract upto 80,000km & second upto 160,000km)
Tyres - Stock Bridgestone H/T changed to Bridgestone H/L @ 92,500km
Brakes - Due for change

Out of 24 months of ownership, vehicle has been used for almost 19 months. So far good, has been a good work horse and done duty to the best.

+ve's
Ground clearance
Seating position
Middle row comfort (in comparison with pathfinder)

-ve's
Brakes - could have been better, am used to it now.
Bland interiors

Awesome pics. Love the one with it digging into the sand (the first one). Where is it? Dubai?
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 22:02   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Awesome pics. Love the one with it digging into the sand (the first one). Where is it? Dubai?
Thanks & yes, it's in Dubai. The vehicle has crossed 100,000 today.
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 17:34   #493
bhp
BHPian

Smile Update

My car went in for the first free service last week at lakozy toyota malad,

I had asked them to check if i have the upgraded brake setup in my car and they confirmed that my car indeed has the new setup...

I also compared the disc size of my car and the test drive vehicle from outside at the showroom and one can make out the difference in size.

I am glad that i have the new setup..
Old 19th April 2010, 19:05   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
My car went in for the first free service last week at lakozy toyota malad,

I had asked them to check if i have the upgraded brake setup in my car and they confirmed that my car indeed has the new setup...

I also compared the disc size of my car and the test drive vehicle from outside at the showroom and one can make out the difference in size.

I am glad that i have the new setup..
This whole "brake upgrade kit" seems fishy to me. I contacted Toyota regarding my brakes and they have called my car in for first service as well as brake upgrade on Wednesday at Madhuban. My car too is a March manufactured.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 15:58   #495
bhp
BHPian

My car is manufactured in the 2nd week of march and has upgraded brakes.
And its not possible that you dont get the upgraded brake from the company itself because you also got your car in March right..
Had you mentioned your engine and chassis number when writing a letter of brake complaint to Toyota ???
Because may be they are upgrading brakes for everybody who have complained about poor brakes.

May be Car_Crazy can also confirm wat brakes are there on his car because he has also taken delivery in the month of march if i am not wrong..