Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th March 2014, 13:13   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Black interiors with beige seats will look odd! Have you seen the vehicle in person? Are you planning to? Can you please post pics when you do? Also, any changes to the head unit? Toyota has been offering a GPS capable unit in South-East Asia.
I just heard about the changes through a friend , as far as I know no changes have been applied to the head unit.
In case I visit I will definitely upload the pictures.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 13:44   #812
BHPian

Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

If this refresh is confirmed, I assume Toyota have also integrated the now mandatory Child Restraint System into the vehicle's 2nd row of seats.
SumitB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:29   #813
BHPian

I am scouting for a new SUV and am contemplating the Fortuner. I have a few basic questions that I will appreciate some help with --
1) This thread mentions a refresh for the Fortuner, is this around the corner? Also is there a writeup on the expected changes in the refresh?
2) Is there a significant mileage difference in between the manual 2WD and the 4WD versions?
3) This is a more general question around insurance, can I transfer the NCB from my current vehicle to the new vehicle?
xbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:46   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
I am scouting for a new SUV and am contemplating the Fortuner. I have a few basic questions that I will appreciate some help with --
1) This thread mentions a refresh for the Fortuner, is this around the corner? Also is there a writeup on the expected changes in the refresh?
2) Is there a significant mileage difference in between the manual 2WD and the 4WD versions?
3) This is a more general question around insurance, can I transfer the NCB from my current vehicle to the new vehicle?
1) Well, there has been a micro refresh, in the form of Black Interiors. Expect an all new fortuner/Major Facelift by Diwali 2015. It might hit Thailand/Indonesia by April 2015. Nope - none of the websites mention about a writeup. It is still in paper and pen stage. If you decide to wait for the facelift, please note that it will be pushed 5 lacs higher than what it is priced today as toyota wants to move more upmarket.

2) Not really. A 4X4 works just like a 4X2 in Tarmac.

3) Yes - possible. You would have to talk your way out and also convince the dealer that you would take insurance from outside. Tranfering the NCB reduces the dealer's margin and they would not agree to this on most occassions.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:14   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Fortuner 4wd has Full time Four wheel drive, it cannot be disengaged unlike the Pajero which can be used in 2wd or 4wd on Tarmac.

I am not sure about the Fuel Consumption difference vs 2wd. The full time 4wd system was introduced to better handling after the rollover controversy in South Africa. Sadly, ESP is only available in 4wd version of Fortuner, a much required safety feature for SUVs.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:34   #816
BHPian

Quote:
1) Well, there has been a micro refresh, in the form of Black Interiors. Expect an all new fortuner/Major Facelift by Diwali 2015. It might hit Thailand/Indonesia by April 2015. Nope - none of the websites mention about a writeup. It is still in paper and pen stage. If you decide to wait for the facelift, please note that it will be pushed 5 lacs higher than what it is priced today as toyota wants to move more upmarket.

3) Yes - possible. You would have to talk your way out and also convince the dealer that you would take insurance from outside. Tranfering the NCB reduces the dealer's margin and they would not agree to this on most occassions.
Thanks Bharath. Regarding the Black interiors, is this something that's already out?

On the subject of mileage, I have seen varying figures on the web. Going by your experience is 10-11 km/ltr a reasonable expectation?
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:09   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bharath. Regarding the Black interiors, is this something that's already out?

On the subject of mileage, I have seen varying figures on the web. Going by your experience is 10-11 km/ltr a reasonable expectation?
Yes - The black interiors are already out. I saw a vehicle on TBHP with black interiors. I guess its the newest batch of cars.

Yes 10-11km is a reasonable expectation. For more mileage, i would suggest you to buy the bolt on tuning boxes and use the "E" mode. This would get you a mileage close to 15 kmpl on an average. While going for service, be sure to remove that tuning box. It takes all of 10 mins DIY to do it.

Edit: Check the below link for black interiors.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...sails-136.html (Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...)

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd April 2014 at 16:12. Reason: Added link
scopriobharath is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 08:20   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Yes - The black interiors are already out. I saw a vehicle on TBHP with black interiors. I guess its the newest batch of cars.

Edit: Check the below link for black interiors.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...sails-136.html (Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...)
Spoke to the dealers in Hyderabad, they are not aware of the black interiors. Will check with them again after a week or two to see if the latest batches here have it.

Also does anyone know whether the smaller engine Fortuner rumor has any truth to it -- http://autos.maxabout.com/cars/toyot...r-25-litre-4x2
Old 26th April 2014, 09:23   #819
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to the dealers in Hyderabad, they are not aware of the black interiors. Will check with them again after a week or two to see if the latest batches here have it.
I am surprised at this. My fortuner has a 27th Feb'14 manufacturing date, & has the black interiors as shown in the snaps in Guderian's thread.

AJ
AJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 10:00   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
I don't know why the pune price should be 40k lower than Bangalore when the car is manufactured right here. But yeah, the price doesn't look like its adjusted for the 6%.
Cause our wonderful government charges 20% of the ex-showroom price as road tax, for some craters.
I think in Maharastra the road tax is something like 10% of the ex-showroom.
AbelAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 14:07   #821
BHPian

I confirm that the Fortuner now comes with black interiors. However, this change only applies to the dash and console including the gear console. To me personally, I liked the update. However, I may be biased. Did manage to take a few pictures which are being posted here. The Fortuner looks amazing in black. However, I am not too sure if I can maintain a black vehicle. It will either be the Super White or White Pearl Mica for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.55.43.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.55.51.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.57.57.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.58.02.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.58.18.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.58.22.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20140426-12.59.11.jpg  

Last edited by SumitB : 26th April 2014 at 14:12.
SumitB is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 20:43   #822
BHPian

I took a test drive of the fortuner today. Liked everything besides the interiors. It did not feel like I am in a 27lakh car.

Now its back to the drawing board.
Old 27th April 2014, 14:35   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took a test drive of the fortuner today. Liked everything besides the interiors. It did not feel like I am in a 27lakh car.

You are absolutely right, only the exterior is butch and impressive, the interiors and the lack of gizmos make you feel cheated at the price that this vehicle commands.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 02:18   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Cause our wonderful government charges 20% of the ex-showroom price as road tax, for some craters.
I think in Maharastra the road tax is something like 10% of the ex-showroom.
The 40k difference is in ex-showroom so the road tax doesn't come into play there. Prices for Pune are lower than for Bangalore for some weird reason. The ex-showroom prices include base price + VAT so not sure if even that is so low in MH that it over compensates for the transportation charges which should definitely be lower for Bangalore.
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 08:01   #825
BHPian

Quote:

What about the Santa Fe? It might be a little more expensive than the Fortuner, but it looks good on the outside and inside. Plus the engine is a gem.
shivasuma is online now   Reply With Quote