Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 10:40   #901
BHPian
 
roadjourno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BLR,PNQ
Posts: 75
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since when is it happening? Any pictures of the same?

It isn't normal and could be a manufacturing defect. Do visit Toyota ASC and get the replacement if the car is under warranty.

Anurag.
I don't know since when its happening. After 1 hr when i checked again the fogging was gone. Tomorrow again is a chance i will try to click pictures of it.

One this is for certain that the fogging in both was from bottom mid left. After cleaning the front glass also the mist/fog was inside it.

I will contact TSC soon in a hour and take their feedback on it.

Cheers
-rj
roadjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 11:03   #902
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 415
Thanked: 389 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
I don't know since when its happening. After 1 hr when i checked again the fogging was gone. Tomorrow again is a chance i will try to click pictures of it.

Cheers
-rj
Hi Roadjourno,

The phenomenon of temporary fogging does happen in regions having heavy & continuous rainfall. I believe that the moisture laden air enters the light casing through the inside holes and get condensed.
(Sometime holes are also provided at lowest point to ensure water flows out (if any)

The old good practice to avoid this is to have light on during heavy rain.
However, never gave attention to fog lights for fogging. Now that you have mentioned I will check my old swift as Fortuner is parked in basement (Office & Home) and hardly get expose to rains (as such Delhi NCR is low in rainfall this year)
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 21:23   #903
BHPian
 
kn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
I took test drive of the automatic thrice to convince myself to buy it, but was not possible. Felt at 28l onroad bangalore this was not a vehicle worthy of that price. No disrespect to the other owners on this forum but it is my opinion. Felt the ride was a constant bobbing, engine noise was industrial and absolutely no luxury features what you would expect when paying 28l+,
Hi Prashant,
I accept the fortuner lacks in luxury features and the engine noise is on the upper side,but when buying a 28L+ suv you also expect hassle free ownership experience.Trust me I have one and its 4 years old and every time toyota people have ensured that i leave the service station with a smile and have faced no problems with the car as of now *touchwood
kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 22:06   #904
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 381
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Guys
I have not used my fortuner for the last one week.When I opened the door today there is fungi growth on the seats and other leather parts. Any recommendations for avoiding this problem? I have two small kids and am worried that they may get infection..
Dilip Kumar V
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 22:13   #905
BHPian
 
kn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
I have not used my fortuner for the last one week.When I opened the door today there is fungi growth on the seats and other leather parts. Any recommendations for avoiding this problem? I have two small kids and am worried that they may get infection..
Dilip Kumar V
This is a common problem in monsoon,Dont worry go to the nearest 3M detailing shop and get your interiors cleaned they also offer a complete interior disinfection along with cleaning, this job will only take 2-3 hours.

To Avoid this from happening again see to it that you dont enter the car wet and if at all you get in wet take a dry cloth and just wipe off all the water from the seats and leather parts and ensure that they are dry.
kn09 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 06:58   #906
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ambala
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Hello everybody this is my first post on team BHP and I feel like a fresher stepping into college on the first day.
But have been reading up on various posts,and the quality and depth of conversation and inputs have impressed me and helped me in making informed buying decisions for a long time,
I have just booked a toyota fortuner 4\2manual, wanted to buy the automatic but dad insisted it wasn't his cup of tea, we have a city and swift in the garage since they are manual, he reasoned that it would be difficult for him to adapt to both manual and automatic on a daily basis .
Now the question is is he making a valid point ? One.
And two what is the difference in mileage between the automatic and manual 4/2 . Common wisdom says that there should be a significant difference, is that so?
nagpalrishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 11:23   #907
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,548
Thanked: 1,156 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpalrishi View Post
Hello everybody this is my first post on team BHP and I feel like a fresher stepping into college on the first day.
But have been reading up on various posts,and the quality and depth of conversation and inputs have impressed me and helped me in making informed buying decisions for a long time,
I have just booked a toyota fortuner 4\2manual, wanted to buy the automatic but dad insisted it wasn't his cup of tea, we have a city and swift in the garage since they are manual, he reasoned that it would be difficult for him to adapt to both manual and automatic on a daily basis .
Now the question is is he making a valid point ? One.
And two what is the difference in mileage between the automatic and manual 4/2 . Common wisdom says that there should be a significant difference, is that so?
Actually, After driving a manual, it is difficult to get accustomed to an automatic, but it is just that your left foot will try to keep looking for a clutch and within a second you would realize it is an Automatic.

The corollary will not be an issue as you would automatically be compelled to shift to a higher gear when you see the RPM going high.

The difference in mileage is 1-2 kms at the max in city with AC on.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 17:45   #908
BHPian
 
swiftdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: EDI/CDG/MAA/SIN
Posts: 751
Thanked: 771 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpalrishi View Post
Now the question is is he making a valid point ? One.
In my experience I never really faced that problem. There were times I had to drive my Ertiga and my close friend's City AT back to back for a wedding. I was totally at home in both cars and to be frank I was surprised there was no confusion. So yeah, in my opinion, transitioning from MT and AT on a daily basis shouldn't pose a problem.

That said, I will never consider an AT and definitely not a Fortuner AT! Because the Fortuner is such a crackingly good car that you need a MT to actually enjoy it for what its worth! Buying an AT Fortuner is like having a generous piece of blackforest cake without its whipped cream topping! Pointless. Now though, the manual Fortuner you've ordered is a wise decision. Have fun!
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 20:11   #909
BHPian
 
roadjourno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BLR,PNQ
Posts: 75
Thanked: 34 Times
Thumbs up re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Roadjourno,

The phenomenon of temporary fogging does happen in regions having heavy & continuous rainfall. I believe that the moisture laden air enters the light casing through the inside holes and get condensed.
(Sometime holes are also provided at lowest point to ensure water flows out (if any)

The old good practice to avoid this is to have light on during heavy rain.
However, never gave attention to fog lights for fogging. Now that you have mentioned I will check my old swift as Fortuner is parked in basement (Office & Home) and hardly get expose to rains (as such Delhi NCR is low in rainfall this year)
Seems like one off odd case, the fogging hasn't returned yet. The vehicle was pressure washed at TASS with fog lights on and nothing was noticed. Hope this never returns. Completing 5k now, initial ownership report soon.

Noticed: Same Route Same Traffice (Full AC On) Bad diesel brings down FE to 10.x kmpl, Good Diesel brings it up to 12/13 kmpl (same conditions)
HPCL Pump Koregaon is now pump of choice for me henceforth

Cheers
-RJ
roadjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 18:13   #910
BHPian
 
kn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The leather quality on the Fortuner seems to be quite low grade. The leather on the steering wheel of my car is in a bad shape, its peel off to a large extent. Even the drivers seat sides are looking out of shape and might show signs of tearing soon enough.

Is there a good quality steering wheel leather cover that can be stitched on without making the steering look bulky or shabby?

The Endeavour on the other hand has much better leather quality.
I got my steering leather cover replaced under warranty from Lakozy Toyota.

If not warranty check Stanley leather.

Also check if there is a Color Glo outlet in Mumbai they will brilliantly sort out your seat and steering leather problem.
kn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 16:13   #911
BHPian
 
alabjarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Is there a new version / facelift of Fortuner expected towards the holiday season, any info.
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:11   #912
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 415
Thanked: 389 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Is there a new version / facelift of Fortuner expected towards the holiday season, any info.
Hi

I did visit my Toyota Dealer last Sunday. Did not see or hear about any new version/facelift of Fortuner for this festive season.

Yes a new Fortuner is expected sometime next year (may be as early as Jan-15 itself) but no facelift as of now.

Please note that 2014 Fortuner has revised interior colors, Instead of Grey/Beige we have Black replacing the grey part.

It definitely looks better (expensive) except that false wood insert on steering & dash board is not prominent now as they have retained the same dark color, which kind of gets unnoticed by the black all around.

Are you planning to go for one ? May be you should wait for the New Fortuner.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:26   #913
BHPian
 
alabjarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 15 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Are you planning to go for one ? May be you should wait for the New Fortuner.
Thanks Wanderers. I am considering going in for one, around Diwali this yr. Going by the history Toyota jacks up price with every face lift and its unlikely that they would come up with something radically different in terms of the product. Also, now that the auto industry is picking up there is also the risk of excise duty exemption roll back by govt from Jan 2015.
alabjarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:37   #914
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 415
Thanked: 389 Times
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
Thanks Wanderers. I am considering going in for one, around Diwali this yr. Going by the history Toyota jacks up price with every face lift and its unlikely that they would come up with something radically different in terms of the product. Also, now that the auto industry is picking up there is also the risk of excise duty exemption roll back by govt from Jan 2015.
Hi

Please note few things, which may help you decide your car

1. Toyota have already increased the price of Fortuner by around 45K effective 1-Aug-14.

2. The new Model would look substantially different. We have some spy shot at Team-bhp. Please see them. You can search internet, it has been spotted in Thailand. See link below

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysi...ed-in-thailand

3. The Next upgrade will see two more models, namely at lower end 2.5L engine and at higher end 4X4 AT.

So if you like the current look and do not want 4X4 AT, please go ahead.
Wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 02:26   #915
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Default re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Have been following the Fortuner thread(s) for some time now and just can't figure a list of more satisfied customers than this solid and sturdy performer - Fortuner. Hence, have decided to book a 4x4 this Navratri.

Friends, need your help, could you let me know which is the best dealer in Bangalore, both in terms of Sales and ASS.

Any and all pointers / experiences would be very helpful and appreciated.
Mayank Mohun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! Next-gen Toyota Fortuner spotted. EDIT: Preview on page 14 Shai100 The Indian Car Scene 558 23rd January 2017 02:00
1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 870 17th December 2016 20:10
Toyota inaugurates engine production plant in Karnataka for Innova Crysta and next-gen Fortuner MunnabhaiMBBS The Indian Car Scene 10 5th August 2016 16:07
1st-gen Toyota Innova production comes to an end coolboy007 The Indian Car Scene 76 22nd March 2016 23:23
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks