Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th January 2010, 18:39   #166
BHPian

Nice pics JayD. Did you smoke your tail lamps, or is it the low light?

Your friends Punto looks cool, love the alloys.

Where did you get the tints done and how much did you spend for it.?

Please put some pics taken during the day as well, showing the metallic tints. Want to see how they look on the white color car.
basilmabraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 20:48   #167
Senior - BHPian

That Punto's looking HOT! Can you please post some daytime pics?
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 15:42   #168
BHPian

@JayD : your thoughts on the inefficient cooling / AC of the i20 ?
Reason why I am asking : a colleague of mine has almost zeroed in on the i20. But after reading the horrendous responses about the AC by i20 owners in the "New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details" thread : he is extremely worried. He does not want to spend the summer sweating in his new car !!
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 22:41   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Reason why I am asking : a colleague of mine has almost zeroed in on the i20. But after reading the horrendous responses about the AC by i20 owners in the "New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details" thread : he is extremely worried. He does not want to spend the summer sweating in his new car !!
Have you checked that thread lately, there have been more positive reviews now. My brother drives a June 2009 i20 Asta Petrol which has clocked 8,700 kms and the Airconditioning has never been a problem. I live in the Heated Capital of Delhi and even then the AC is effective. Just roll down the windows for a few hundred meters to disperse the warm air and then see the signifacant change in cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The roadrunner finally got tints, got Garware Dark Natural Ash on the sides and rear. Its dark enough during day, yet light enough for night! In the sun, it has a metallic shade to it. Wanted to get the B pillars blackened, but it was late that day, will do it some other time.

Here are some pix of the car with a friends punto.
Get the pillars blackened and our i20's will be identical. I also have the Dark Natural Ash shade and planning for front Windscreen, any suggestions?
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 10:59   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Have you checked that thread lately, there have been more positive reviews now. My brother drives a June 2009 i20 Asta Petrol which has clocked 8,700 kms and the Airconditioning has never been a problem. I live in the Heated Capital of Delhi and even then the AC is effective. Just roll down the windows for a few hundred meters to disperse the warm air and then see the signifacant change in cooling.
Well, I completely agree with your advice about opening the window and letting the air circulate a little with the blower on. It really helps cooling the car faster.

That being said, I think the A/C is definitely weak, if not inadequate, because I have traveled quite often in my colleague's i20 (Dec. 09, Asta); this was in Calcutta and he was quite unhappy with it. He said that his wife's Alto had a more effective A/C (while acknowledging the fact that it was a smaller car).
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 11:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Nice pics JayD. Did you smoke your tail lamps, or is it the low light?

Your friends Punto looks cool, love the alloys.

Where did you get the tints done and how much did you spend for it.?

Please put some pics taken during the day as well, showing the metallic tints. Want to see how they look on the white color car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
That Punto's looking HOT! Can you please post some daytime pics?

Sorry for nt updating the thread, the tints cost me approx 1400/- for the sides+ rear. I have a person who does tints here, does a great job.

Will put up more pix soon.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 11:42   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I feel the AC is average. The air temp is good, but the real problem is the design of the vents. they offer limited adjustment, so the air is not directly pointed at the drivers face. The steering blocks that. I know that the whole car is supposed to be cool, but no matter what the ambient temp is, one will always feel cold if you have a direct airflow directed at you.

Also, tints contribute a lot. Once i got tints fixed, i am satisfied with the Ac performance. Also, if the car is very hot, i just pop open,(not full-open) the sunroof, to give an outlet for the hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Get the pillars blackened and our i20's will be identical. I also have the Dark Natural Ash shade and planning for front Windscreen, any suggestions?

yep, i wanted to do that, it did not happen on the day i did the tints due to time constraints, never bothered to get it done. Have to do soon!
Old 14th April 2010, 13:42   #173
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics JayD. I have always wondered why the i20 CRDi did not do aswell as other hyundai diesels. Is it just the pricing?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 20:53   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Great Pics JayD. I have always wondered why the i20 CRDi did not do aswell as other hyundai diesels. Is it just the pricing?

Really? I believe its actually selling quite well. Very well infact.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

Update time again!

The car has been steadily clocking miles. I've completed ~12k now, and its been a great trip so far.

Recently, i upgraded the front fog lamps with HID's. This proved to be a problem, since Hyundai cars use H-27 spec bulbs, which are unavailable here.Most shops recommended some jugaad with H8 lamps, which i was not interested in.T hankfully, KPZEN came to the rescue, and sourced me the bulbs, and that too, in 1000k!! Before you guys run away screaming Bliiinngg, have a look at the pix. Its actually white, and very very bright! Waay better than the normal 6000k lamps.

Fog only.
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_3444.jpg

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_3452.jpg

Fog+ Low beam
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_34451.jpg

Fog+ High Beam

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-img_34461.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 09:52   #176
BHPian

Wonderful lighting!!!!! I too am tempted to go for it. Will it fit the Getz as well? Since mine doesn't have any fog lamps as of now, it will need some extra wiring as well.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 10:33   #177
Senior - BHPian

JayD

Thats looks better than i ever expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Wonderful lighting!!!!! I too am tempted to go for it. Will it fit the Getz as well? Since mine doesn't have any fog lamps as of now, it will need some extra wiring as well.
yes, it will. All Hyundai cars come with H27 bulbs.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 10:54   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Recently, i upgraded the front fog lamps with HID's. This proved to be a problem, since Hyundai cars use H-27 spec bulbs, which are unavailable here.Most shops recommended some jugaad with H8 lamps, which i was not interested in.T hankfully, KPZEN came to the rescue, and sourced me the bulbs, and that too, in 1000k!! Before you guys run away screaming Bliiinngg, have a look at the pix. Its actually white, and very very bright! Waay better than the normal 6000k lamps.
I usually find it disturbing (to the eyes) if I have a car with "White" headlights on my rear-view mirror(s)... Hence posting this query (though I note JayD has upgraded his fog lamps to white):
  1. Is it legal (atleast in India) to have white head-lights on vehicles?
  2. Do you get uncomfortable due to a vehicle behind you flashing white headlights or is it only me?
- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
ShanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 09:34   #179
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this is already mentioned in the thread, did not find it: WHat are the service intervals for the i20 CRDI?
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 18:31   #180
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Sorry if this is already mentioned in the thread, did not find it: WHat are the service intervals for the i20 CRDI?
Since did not get a reply, hunted more and got the info.
Now can some owners mention the cost of each service? I heard that about 4K per service is what one ends up paying. Figo and Punto have a yearly service interval, maintenance is 1/2 in that case compared to i20?
Will appreciate if someone can post their 1,2,3 and paid service costs
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote