Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 10:35   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Congrats JayD,

The car looks good in White moreover nice with Sunroof and interior.
I too planned to put Sunroof in my linea after a year(Wife's wishlist).

I have opened your thread for more than 10 times to shown your car and house and near by back water to my entire family.

Good looking car and House.

For this spectacle atmosphere my mom always asked me to settle in one of the town in kerela (eaither Calicut - My uncle is here or Cochin).

Enjoy and Drive safe
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 11:20   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,776
Thanked: 955 Times
Default

Great car, and an even better backdrop (if I might comment on that).

Is that a switch of some kind below the shift stick?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 15:04   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,477 Times
Default

JayD, congrats on the i20. Somehow going by the initial developments in the buying process, i had a feeling it could end up in the i20.

Do you plan on changing those alloys? They look quite sober. How about some hyper-black alloys and dark tints to go with the car? You could add a spoiler as well. That would complete the look.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 15:20   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Nice interior pics Jay D.
This is the top model so is the interior same in Magna minus the sunroof?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 15:24   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 327
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Thanks for the pictures of your new bride. Hyundai marketing is very strange. They launced i20 diesel manual, no automatic. They have 1.4 L automatic, but no manual. Hyundai should give more options to buyers what to buy. If hyundai launches a diesel automatic, a segment first, above verna diesel automatic, it will give tough fight to jazz.
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 16:16   #51
BHPian
 
Liverpool_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hey JayD hearty congratulations on the new car. You have made a great choice in car, version of the car and the colour of the as well.

Planning for any tyre upgrades, ICEing etc? Would love to more pics of the car and of course with your house in the background.
Liverpool_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 16:30   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Many Cograts on the buy JayD. The interiors in this car are from some other planet . All the best heres wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Shyam
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 17:20   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Congrats on your new car. The i20 looks smashing in white. Great car.

Hyundai really need to do something about the alloy's. The design is really insipid.

What's the button under the gear lever for?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 22:12   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great pics JayDji.

Sorry guys i beg to differ but the i20 does come with an auto box crdi version. Its being advertised all over the place. The 1.4 petrol comes only with the auto box but they have advertised the i20 crdi with auto. Maybe its available only in top trim or maybe not available as yet.
unfortunately, as vid explained, the diesel has no auto variant. Its only present in the 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Congrats. it is a fantastic car with great road presence. lovely pics. BTW is that a landmaster in the background? in the 2nd last pic?
Thanks, yes that's my 1957 landmaster in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
what they advertise is misleading. They are advertising 2 different cars, one is 1.4 CRDI, another is 1.4 Petrol AT.

That causes confusion to people that they are advertising 1.4 CRDI AT. I am quite positive, there is no such thing as 1.4 CRDI AT as of now.

Jayd:

is there a DTE in your Asta(o) version? It is there is the manual but not to be found in any version (magna, asta, crdi, AT, etc).
I dunno why the company has decided to advertise both the 1.4 petrol auto and the diesel together, it seems to create a lot of confusion for everyone.

Btw, there is no DTE in my car, the MID is the same as the other variants. Some Bhpian claims to have used the DTE though. strange!


Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats JayD,

The car looks good in White moreover nice with Sunroof and interior.
I too planned to put Sunroof in my linea after a year(Wife's wishlist).

I have opened your thread for more than 10 times to shown your car and house and near by back water to my entire family.

Good looking car and House.

For this spectacle atmosphere my mom always asked me to settle in one of the town in kerela (eaither Calicut - My uncle is here or Cochin).

Enjoy and Drive safe
Thanks a lot for your kind words karthik. i really like the sunroof, some people claim it to be completely useless, but according to me, it lends a very special feeling to the car. I keep the metal cover open(Glass closed!) in the rains, its a great feeling. Get a webasto unit for the linea, my friend has fixed one recently, and its of real good quality.

What a coincidence on the location aspect, I'm from calicut, settled in cochin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Many Cograts on the buy JayD. The interiors in this car are from some other planet . All the best heres wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Shyam
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Wow. Congrats bro!! The interior quality looks very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Great car, and an even better backdrop (if I might comment on that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
So its an i20. Congrats. Great pics. Dunno which are better the house location or the car.
Is that a switch of some kind below the shift stick?
Thanks guys, glad you like it( Both the car and the house :-) ).The interior quality is one of the best in its segment, and evern better than some bigger cars. I really love the colour scheme too.The switch on the gear knob is used to engage reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
JayD, congrats on the i20. Somehow going by the initial developments in the buying process, i had a feeling it could end up in the i20.

Do you plan on changing those alloys? They look quite sober. How about some hyper-black alloys and dark tints to go with the car? You could add a spoiler as well. That would complete the look.
benny, I'll mostly upsize to 16" once these tires run out. have to start saving up! Tints will go on very soon. This car needs it! I was planning on the spoiler, but i'll have to do some drilling on the body for that, so decided to skip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice interior pics Jay D.
This is the top model so is the interior same in Magna minus the sunroof?
Nope, its similar to the asta model, except for 'Airbag' logos on the A,B,C pillar and front seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Thanks for the pictures of your new bride. Hyundai marketing is very strange. They launced i20 diesel manual, no automatic. They have 1.4 L automatic, but no manual. Hyundai should give more options to buyers what to buy. If hyundai launches a diesel automatic, a segment first, above verna diesel automatic, it will give tough fight to jazz.
I completely agree with you, a diesel auto would've been killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool_Red View Post
Hey JayD hearty congratulations on the new car. You have made a great choice in car, version of the car and the colour of the as well.

Planning for any tyre upgrades, ICEing etc? Would love to more pics of the car and of course with your house in the background.
Thanks, planning on putting sun film for now. Have a loot of ICE stuff from my old car lying around, have to figure out a way to plonk them in. Tires+ alloys will be changed once i use up the current set. Will put up more pix over the weekend, both of the car and the house. :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Congrats on your new car. The i20 looks smashing in white. Great car.

Hyundai really need to do something about the alloy's. The design is really insipid.

What's the button under the gear lever for?

Thanks Amit. I agree, the car looks best in white. I agree with you on the alloys, they should've given a more sporty set for this car. 15" wheels would've been perfect, but i think they stuck to 14" for ride quality reasons.

Last edited by JayD : 9th September 2009 at 22:15.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 22:42   #55
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

Congrats JayD on the i20. The car looks absolutely smashing in white.

Did you go for any extended warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What's the button under the gear lever for?
It's to engage the reverse. The reverse is to the left of 1st gear and to engage you need to press and shift the knob to the left of 1st gear.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 23:24   #56
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,477 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It's to engage the reverse. The reverse is to the left of 1st gear and to engage you need to press and shift the knob to the left of 1st gear.
Thats not how it is on the other Hyundais, right? Atleast, i dont remember it being so on the Santro and the i10. Correct me if wrong.

Why this arrangement similar to the Chevys then?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 23:30   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thats not how it is on the other Hyundais, right? Atleast, i dont remember it being so on the Santro and the i10. Correct me if wrong.

Why this arrangement similar to the Chevys then?
the newer doesel hyundai's have them, ie the verna, getz and the i20. It resembles a trigger of sorts. fun to keep clicking on it!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 02:33   #58
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

cool ASTA (O). you get all 4 disc brakes. side and curtain airbags, sunroof!! not to mention the great and powerful engine!! this is perfect car!! totally VFM!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 08:50   #59
BHPian
 
redeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 300
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

The I20 CRDi is priced quite highly for it's segment. THe Auto option would have pushed up it's price further i believe making hyundai management wonder about the numbers in which it would sell. Hence i believe the lack of an Auto box for the CRDi.
redeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 08:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

I intend to gift you some carpets
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14 SushilBajpai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 281 8th December 2016 16:08
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 25th August 2012 12:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks