Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 22:33   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yep! might be TD-ing one of those soon!!Will put up a report!
> WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
what are the service intervals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Every 6 months / 10000 kms
Not bad, 20k in 12 months. Very reasonable.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 15:22   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan88 View Post
Hey!I also completed my 1500kms and would be getting it serviced for the first time.
FE is something i can't get over about this car.An average of about 17 in the city and this time on a trip from chandigarh to new delhi i got a whopping 21.6km/lit.Apart from that,its stock music system is also very satisfactory(Atleast for me).
Guys,should i get the engine oil changed for the first service?What else should i take care of?Kindly help.
Wow! Nice to see more 20+ avg figures for the i20! Even i wanted to change the oil in the first service, but the service guys insisted not to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Guys does anyone know if there are rear spoilers for the i20?
Yes, spoilers are available for the car. Seen quite a few with those. They look similar to the swift OE spoiler.

The car has done just over 4k now. the engine has really opened up and flies like a bat outta hell! . The Roadrunner recently visited valparai, a hill station here. The route to the place has 40 tight harpin bends. Perfect to test the handling limits of this car! There were 5 on board, and still, the drive was simply amazing. Once you get the hang of the light steering, its really a breeze to drive!
Attached Thumbnails
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091509.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091486.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091487.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091494.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091495.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091507.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-281020091506.jpg  


Last edited by Dippy : 15th March 2010 at 13:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2009, 19:39   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Nice pics!

Hey! I see sunroof in your i20!

Please can you post some pics of the S/R in particular!(I searched a lot but couldn't find any pic demonstrating the opening and closing of sunroof in i20)

Does it like slide in between the car roof metal, when open fully?

Thanks! and good luck with the Pete's box (will bring out the real monster inside the i20 )
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 14:42   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Nice pics!

Hey! I see sunroof in your i20!

Please can you post some pics of the S/R in particular!(I searched a lot but couldn't find any pic demonstrating the opening and closing of sunroof in i20)

Does it like slide in between the car roof metal, when open fully?

Thanks! and good luck with the Pete's box (will bring out the real monster inside the i20 )

Yep! Its the Asta Option pack, with 6 airbags and the sunroof. I've uploaded a few pix of the roof in the beginning. Will post more if you want. The roof goes all the way in when open, and there is an option of just popping up the rear portion too!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 15:25   #125
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

JayD, good going mate, FE seems to be good as well.Yes i know after controlling over some few K's its time to fly up, so have fun and be safe.Keep updating.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 17:12   #126
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default i20 Rear Spoiler

I20 rear spoilers are available in Stock with dealers.When i enquired the price is 5500/- with painting
narayanan_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 17:55   #127
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

JayD, how does the steering feel of the i20 feel like? Is it the same disconnected feel as that on the i10?

I notice you still havent done any mods on thecar. How come not even tints?!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 18:00   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,271
Thanked: 1,235 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
JayD, how does the steering feel of the i20 feel like? Is it the same disconnected feel as that on the i10?

I notice you still havent done any mods on thecar. How come not even tints?!
Let me answer that question---Yes, it is just like the i10 or the WagonR--I've driven my pal's quite a lot and found a striking similarity with my WagonR. However the steering does tighten up at higher speeds---but I've never crossed 80 kmph so far.

BTW, any ideas where we can get a good spoiler for the i20---the stock one from Hyundai does not look all the good---we saw a fantastic one in Panjim last month, but did not know where that guy got it from.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th November 2009 at 18:02.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 11:02   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

UPDATE: There was this slight rattle from the steering column while going through bumpy roads. Took the car to the A.S.S yesterday, and i was told that this was a problem with he first batch of i20 CRDI's, and was solved now. The company has brought out a urethane bush, which is to be installed in the steering assembly. Got this job done.

I drove the car yesterday night, and am pleasantly surprised- The rattle is gone, but more importantly, the steering has tightened up!! It feels much more confidence inspiring now! Lets see if it stays this way or loosens up with time. Will keep you guys updated.

NOTE O ALL i20 CRDI OWNERS: Pls follow this matter up with your Service center and get it done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
JayD, good going mate, FE seems to be good as well.Yes i know after controlling over some few K's its time to fly up, so have fun and be safe.Keep updating.
Yep, after the initial run in, its rip rip and away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
JayD, how does the steering feel of the i20 feel like? Is it the same disconnected feel as that on the i10?

I notice you still havent done any mods on thecar. How come not even tints?!
The steering, as vnabhi said, feels light at low speeds, but weightens up once the speed climbs. Also, once you get the hang of it, its really fun!
Even at 150+ the car was rock solid. Also, pls refer my opening note about the steering.

The car is now fully stock because, i haven't got enough time to do any thing to it. Planned to change the bulbs horn etc, and purchased all the stuff, but haven't installed them yet. lpayed around with the wheels for a while, but now back to stock, since there is a lot of highway driving involved now. Some audio upgrades are coming soon too..

The sunfilms are still not on, because of the weather here.Its still raining off and on here. Waiting for a proper sunny day to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Let me answer that question---Yes, it is just like the i10 or the WagonR--I've driven my pal's quite a lot and found a striking similarity with my WagonR. However the steering does tighten up at higher speeds---but I've never crossed 80 kmph so far.

BTW, any ideas where we can get a good spoiler for the i20---the stock one from Hyundai does not look all the good---we saw a fantastic one in Panjim last month, but did not know where that guy got it from.
Vnabhi, do you have any pix of the same? Is it a Big gti type one, or a normal one?

Last edited by JayD : 8th November 2009 at 11:04.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 11:45   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Thanks a lot for the info JayD

Great to know that the steering issue was solved and the feel actually improved

Its a great feeling that I'm getting an i20 too, soon!

(please can you post a pic with sunroof fully open.(if not a prob))
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 14:43   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Thanks a lot for the info JayD

Great to know that the steering issue was solved and the feel actually improved

Its a great feeling that I'm getting an i20 too, soon!

(please can you post a pic with sunroof fully open.(if not a prob))

Congrats in advance on the i20! Is it the Option pack? Which colour?

Also, am uploading some pix of the sunroof for you.
Attached Thumbnails
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-081120091575.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-081120091577.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-081120091580.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-081120091581.jpg  

My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update-081120091582.jpg  

JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 14:56   #132
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,258
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Thanks a lot man!!
I really-really appreciate it!

Since there are lots of sunroof types, I was confused!
but thanks again as you cleared the doubt!

I have booked 1.2 i20 Asta(o) with sunroof in 'Sparkle Blue' color btw!

but seeing yours in white had me thinking again regarding the color
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 14:57   #133
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,974
Thanked: 16,771 Times
Default

JayD, the car looks stunning in white! Congrats. The stickers inside the rear glass stand out a bit odd, IMHO for such a beautiful car!

One question- Is the sunroof manual or motorized? ie, Should we slide it open, or it does so automatically? (This might be a stupid question, but my knowledge on sunroofs is absolute 0. Never been in a car with sunroof! ).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th November 2009 at 14:58.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 14:57   #134
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

wow, hyundai has rightly given a perfect premium hatchback with all good whisles and gadgets
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 10:10   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Thanks a lot man!!
I really-really appreciate it!

Since there are lots of sunroof types, I was confused!
but thanks again as you cleared the doubt!

I have booked 1.2 i20 Asta(o) with sunroof in 'Sparkle Blue' color btw!

but seeing yours in white had me thinking again regarding the color
Congrats on the blue car. I wanted blue first, was planning to shod it with golden multispoke 16"/17" rims, like the subaru impreza, but everyone at home preferred white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
JayD, the car looks stunning in white! Congrats. The stickers inside the rear glass stand out a bit odd, IMHO for such a beautiful car!

One question- Is the sunroof manual or motorized? ie, Should we slide it open, or it does so automatically? (This might be a stupid question, but my knowledge on sunroofs is absolute 0. Never been in a car with sunroof! ).
The roof is fully motorized Crazy driver.
P.Srop by sometime when you are in cochin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow, hyundai has rightly given a perfect premium hatchback with all good whisles and gadgets
Yep! I agree. Hope maruti learns a lesson from this and offers more equipment on the diesel variants.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14 SushilBajpai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 281 8th December 2016 16:08
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold AbhiJ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 25th August 2012 12:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks