Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th September 2009, 11:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Where are the photos bhidu ?
Anyways congrats on the new purchase.
Enjoy. Drive safe.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 12:22   #17
BHPian

FE of 18kmpl is really unbelievable.Good to know that Safire gives some much ...

I simply don't understand why Tata's don't advertise about FE ....or simply they don't believe in themselves.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 17:23   #18
BHPian

Congrats Ram ! Nice colour, probably the best of the current lot of colours in the Vista range.

The Vista also comes with an engine immobiliser across the board,which even the salesperson was not aware of when we went shopping for a colleague, now look at Maruti which is quite vocal about its iCATS.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 23:52   #19
BHPian

Default Pictures of my Indica Vista Safire and 1000 Km report.

Hi pervez and others,

Finally i have managed to take some pictures of my car and uploading it here. I have already completed 1000 Km of running today since taking delivery on 2 September. I am satisfied with the car. My doubt on fuel economy of this Car has been put to rest. I filled up Tank once again after 300 Km, It was 150 highway + 150 city driving and i got a FE of 15 Km/Ltr. I think this is fair enough considering the size and weight of the car.

RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Where are the photos bhidu ?
Anyways congrats on the new purchase.
Enjoy. Drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura-carpic1.jpg  

My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura-carpic2.jpg  

My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura-13092009.jpg  

My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura-13092009001.jpg  

rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 14:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
FE of 18kmpl is really unbelievable.Good to know that Safire gives some much ...

I simply don't understand why Tata's don't advertise about FE ....or simply they don't believe in themselves.
Exactly. In fact the FE mentioned in the auto magazines is 10.xx in the city.and 14.xx on the highway.

Whats the FE you are getting in the city and highway now Ram? with and without AC. Im sure you must have completed more than 5-6k kms by now. No update since a long time.

Last edited by MihirC : 27th August 2010 at 14:25.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 19:05   #21
BHPian

Default Re: My new Tata Indica Vista Safire Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Exactly. In fact the FE mentioned in the auto magazines is 10.xx in the city.and 14.xx on the highway.

Whats the FE you are getting in the city and highway now Ram? with and without AC. Im sure you must have completed more than 5-6k kms by now. No update since a long time.
Dear Mihir,

My car has done now 45000 Kms and i have now shifted to Surat for last 03 years. I have been getting FE 0f 14 KMPL in city with AC and on highways 16 KMPL With AC.

Car has been trouble free till now except leakage of gas from AC evaporator, which was replaced under extended warranty and binders of front and rear motorised window glass were replaced as they were not working.
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 16:59   #22
BHPian

Dear friends

I have been owning this Vista Saffire Petrol now for more than 06 Years...will be completing 07 years soon. Company has already stopped production of Vista Petrol..so i am bit confused what to do whether to keep this car or exchange. Car has now run 74000 Kms and it has been trouble free. I am getting excellent mileage of around 16-17 Kms on highway as before.

I am not getting any good exchange value either for this car so I feel running it for couple of years more is a good option.

I drove S-cross Diesel of a friend on same route where i have achieved fuel efficiency of 16.5 KM frequently in Vista Petrol. Diesel S-Cross Gave FE of 19 on same route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammishra View Post
Dear Mihir,

My car has done now 45000 Kms and i have now shifted to Surat for last 03 years. I have been getting FE 0f 14 KMPL in city with AC and on highways 16 KMPL With AC.

Car has been trouble free till now except leakage of gas from AC evaporator, which was replaced under extended warranty and binders of front and rear motorised window glass were replaced as they were not working.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2017 at 09:26. Reason: Typo
rammishra is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2016, 21:25   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rammishra, Good to hear about the car.

One option would be to exchange for another Tata - if either you or a family member wants one. The exchange bonus can possibly make up for the lower quotes.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 22:59   #24
BHPian

Keep the car since it is running perfectly. In fact, with cars like these ( out of production) , one should keep driving them till the wheels fall off; -)
Anyway, if you try to sell it, the max you will get in my opinion, is 80 to 90 K.
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote