Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th September 2010, 19:47   #31
Default 10000 Km Report

There were some niggling issues till the second free service (in Dec) but the car has stabilized for the remaining part of her life. The initial issues were shared in the previous post. Car was bought in July 2009.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...0-km-done.html (Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi Silky Silver 1200 km done)

So these are my experiences till date:

1. An auto scraped the front bumper and a small dent on the metal. – Touched up in 3rd service
2. Hit a pillar while reversing in a shopping mall. The pillar was thin and I didn’t see it as it was in the blind spot. It opened my eyes to the blind spot existence. Now I am more careful. The rear bumper was torn a bit but no paint loss or dents on metal sheets. So left as it is. I wish Suzuki provided a pipe across the bumper so that the bumper doesn’t get torn hitting the chassis frame running front to back.

1. I felt the high speed wobbling issues and it was not being solved by the alignment. Because of this on inspection of tyres it was found that all 3 of the tyres had depression due to local strong points where the rubber is joined during splicing (which is classified as visual defect). So went to JK dealer and asked him to replace all the tyres with Zxi spec. It was done without much hazzles at Rs. 5k. Now the car is more planted on curves and straight lines.
2. After the 3rd service the wiper wash pipe was cut. Replaced for free by the dealership but it is not spraying to the right place on the screen. For the time being ignoring the issue.
3. My brother bought an Old Honda City 1.5 (2002) After driving that I feel the steering is vague in Ritz. Atleast I understand the term vagueness of steering. In City I can precisely guide the tyres on the road as per my wishes but not on Ritz.
4. I still think the rear leg space could have been improved using a better seat design. (like Fabia, Nano, i10 and even Alto. This was the real let down.
5. The wiper rubber blade has bent due to pressure on blade. Need to change I guess. Its still soft but since it has lost blade shape it doesn’t work smoothly.
6. I can see the lights on the instrument cluster reflecting on the door window glass in the night. Atrocious is the word for it and it adds to the increased blind spot in the night and especially in rains. And contrary to my test drive experiences (Day time only) the car is plagued with blind spots due to A-pillar (especially in night).

1. Car is driven entirely in city and 50% of time in Bangalore traffic. I get min 12.5 km/l. In my last airport trip I managed to get close to 15 km/l. I use only Shell Unleaded and got one Ferrari car model also in the last filling.  The graph of mileage is attached.

I am not using even my car frequently as I expected also. In the initial days, I was apprehensive of the decision to take petrol but I think it was good decision based on the last one year.

1. Driving the car is easy in traffic and highways. There is bit of an issue in crosswinds in highways but it is at above 100 km/hr.
2. One speeding ticket in the highway. ( I was actually checking the Tyre Balance)
3. One lane changing ticket during overtaking. ( It was a festival time)

All in all it’s a good car and highly reliable. Power surge after 3000 rpm and easy at speeds till 140 km/hr.
Attached Images

Last edited by thamban : 20th September 2010 at 19:52. Reason: Added point 6 in Issues
thamban is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote