Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th November 2009, 10:03   #106
BHPian

Hi Vignesh, the DIESEL sticker on the fuel tank lid looks cool. Too bad FIAT doesnot give this sticker for all MJD vehicles on delivery. Where did you buy them? Your car looks smashing after the wash and polish. Can you also help to take a picture of the polish that you used and post it?
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 10:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Vignesh, the GP looks stunning with the mags ON! And the font on the fuel lid looks crisp...

I have a feeling that the GP/Linea looks much better without the mud flaps or the mudflaps offered here are too long and spoiling the meaty look of the GP/Linea.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 12:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

vig: looks good on the OE alloys. Now remove the dynamic decals on the rear, let people think it emotion-ally. Except few with body colored OVRM's, door handles to be painted.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 13:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
vig: looks good on the OE alloys. Now remove the dynamic decals on the rear, let people think it emotion-ally. Except few with body colored OVRM's, door handles to be painted.
Let my dynamic be the first to have a OE alloy.I like the black door handles and mirrors.It contrasts with silver a lot.Let me get bored with it,then i ll paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hi Vignesh, the DIESEL sticker on the fuel tank lid looks cool. Too bad FIAT doesnot give this sticker for all MJD vehicles on delivery. Where did you buy them? Your car looks smashing after the wash and polish. Can you also help to take a picture of the polish that you used and post it?
Thanks for that.The diesel sticker was made by the local sticker wala.The polishes i use are
Body:Formula 1 Carnauba
Plastics:VISTA plastic polish
Tyres:VISTA tyre shine
Alloys:Eagle one Wheel cleaner(fights break dust)
Glass:Vista glass cleaner
will post a pic soon of all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Vignesh, the GP looks stunning with the mags ON! And the font on the fuel lid looks crisp...

I have a feeling that the GP/Linea looks much better without the mud flaps or the mudflaps offered here are too long and spoiling the meaty look of the GP/Linea.
The mudflaps are functionally very useful.let me see.
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 13:39   #110
BHPian

Vignesh, Thank you for your quick response. I will try to get the polish here in Bangalore and start polishing my red Punto too. This decision is purely biased by the pictures that you posted.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 14:36   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Vignesh, Thank you for your quick response. I will try to get the polish here in Bangalore and start polishing my red Punto too. This decision is purely biased by the pictures that you posted.
One more thing,i never use cloth on the body while washing.i use chamois leather.for the polishing bit i use yellow cloth
Old 17th November 2009, 15:46   #112
BHPian

next in line is going to be bi xenon projectors.thinking of getting it directly from china for 200 USD.what do you guys feels.here is the teaser pic.
Attached Images

Old 18th November 2009, 01:15   #113
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Wow

Saw the pictures on page6. I am dumbstruck!
The car looks amazing and reaffirms the fact that the Punto is miles ahead when it comes to looks compared to any hatchback. The side profile (the first pic after the polish job) makes one understand what proportions are all about, a crease here and a curve there, it's amazing.

The Punto has nice large, wide opening doors, but they don't look oversized or disproportionate without a side rubber molding just because of the creases running around the hip-line and the one just above the running boards.

Vignesh, I think your decision to keep the handles etc. black is perfect, it really does gel with the colour.

The idea about the projector lamps is good, it'll certainly look good but what I am worried about is the throw and quality of the bulbs. The chinese really are the worst when it comes to quality

Last edited by Amartya : 18th November 2009 at 01:19.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 09:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Saw the pictures on page6. I am dumbstruck!
The car looks amazing and reaffirms the fact that the Punto is miles ahead when it comes to looks compared to any hatchback. The side profile (the first pic after the polish job) makes one understand what proportions are all about, a crease here and a curve there, it's amazing.

The Punto has nice large, wide opening doors, but they don't look oversized or disproportionate without a side rubber molding just because of the creases running around the hip-line and the one just above the running boards.

Vignesh, I think your decision to keep the handles etc. black is perfect, it really does gel with the colour.

The idea about the projector lamps is good, it'll certainly look good but what I am worried about is the throw and quality of the bulbs. The chinese really are the worst when it comes to quality
thanks for the comments mr.amartya.
Yaa even i liked the black door handles and mirrors.the only problem being the polishing that i have to do to keep them black.anyways.thanks again.
Old 18th November 2009, 09:09   #115
MCR
BHPian

Vignesh Bhai,
Great Pictures.
I think changing to Xenons will void the electrical system warranty. Is it not possible to just change the bulbs alone for better light intensity? I want to upgarde the lamps on my Punto too and would be helpful if you can throw some "light" on this.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 10:19   #116
BHPian

i am already running Philips Xtreme Power.they are good though.but i need more powerful ones.
option 1.
put a higher watt bulb.but need realy.so will void warranty.
option 2
try narva and osram bulbs in 55w.warranty is still there
option 3
put xenons without projectors.am not sure about warranty.again ballast etc comes in the pic.so not sure
option4
put xenons with projectors voiding the warranty.
hope it helps

vignesh
Old 18th November 2009, 10:49   #117
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
i am already running Philips Xtreme Power.they are good though.but i need more powerful ones.
vignesh
Can this(Philips Xtreme) be fitted by just removing the OE bulbs?
What I mean here is, does it require new wiring harness,relay etc or not?

What is the part number and price of this bulb?

Thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 11:06   #118
BHPian

Try the OSRAM NightBreakers, I have them on my Linea and am extremly happy with the performance.
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 11:10   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

It really does look awesome! Congrats buddy! I'm really happy you stuck to the 98 PCD rims. I was totally against 100 PCD rims.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 11:38   #120
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Try the OSRAM NightBreakers, I have them on my Linea and am extremly happy with the performance.
Ok. Can I use Osram night breaker series H4 having the part number 64193 NBR and rating 12V 60/55W P43t? I hope this does not require any new holder,relay and wiring harness since I am not interested to void my Warranty.