Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th September 2009, 22:03   #16
BHPian

Car looks nice and all the best with your new beauty. I am sure you going to put a nice sun film as well.
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. And to the freebies. Its really a killer deal. Happy driving.

Cheers.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 22:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

IMO,the car is the OLD Sxi and updated with Sxi Premium grills(Silver) and a older model of Accessory Ford Alloys(Earlier Sxi has only steel rims).
New car has only the stock alloy like posted by Kumar7
Get the Vin Code and check the year of mfg and enquiredyour dealer sri.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 11th September 2009 at 22:28.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 23:00   #19
BHPian

SriSri@ What type of seats you got? It should be leather as per Ford website and as righlty said by Karthik please check the mfg date of your car (just to be on safer side!
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 23:06   #20
BHPian

SriSri, good snaps.

As aks_karthik mentioned please check the VIN number and make sure everything is o.k, you can find the details of decoding VIN number in Shajufx thread.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 07:59   #21
BHPian

Also check if the bill mentions Fiesta Sxi Premium, if yes you can take them for task.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:26   #22

Hi kumar7, I didn't ask for any different alloys. This is what I got... Is it different from what is supposed to be?
SriSri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 10:30   #23

Thanks Chillout, mjothi.

@aks_karthik, I will check the VIN and see the details.

kumar7, I got the leather seats only.

Chillout, In my bill it is written as FORD FIESTA 1.4 SXI(PAB). Is it what it is supposed to be?
Old 12th September 2009, 11:26   #24
oss
BHPian

Actually you are better off with earlier model SXI than the SXI prem. The key diff is the alloys and i would be happy to get discount from the dealer for that part, and go for some cool after market alloys.

The chrome ORVM are no great shakes, except that you get turn indicators on the SXI version.

Infact i asked for the earlier SXI version, but the dealer didn't have it in stock, so had to settle for the SXI premium.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 11:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriSri View Post
Hi kumar7, I didn't ask for any different alloys. This is what I got... Is it different from what is supposed to be?
Yes, the new SXI comes with different alloys than what you got. Please see the pic I uploaded in your thread which can give you a fair idea.

If you already agreed for earlier version of SXI then there should not be an issue otherwise there is a possibility that your dealer changed seats, front chrome grill but forgot about alloys. (I may be wrong and don't want to create more confusion but its worth to check)

If dealer made the changes on his own then you can ask for BIG discount on top of it as he tried to clear old SXI stock.

When SXI premium was launched at that time I also demanded to remove chrome grill & ORVM but dealer said it company fitted so they can't remove it. The dealer was having only one old SXI in stock and that was kept for display so at that time I regretted for not booking old SXI.

But the good part is that I explored TDCI option and booked same Platinum coloured 1.4 ZXI model

Last edited by kumar7 : 12th September 2009 at 11:57.
Old 12th September 2009, 17:39   #26
BHPian

Hi SriSri.

i agree with Kumar. the dealer has most probably converted an old Sxi, into an Sxi premium and passed it on to you. not sure what he told you abt this. i understand the Sxi premium has different type of leather seats. check out the side of ford india - it has couple of pictures of the interiors (with wodden finish on central console). See if this matches with your car's interiors

"http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178851584297&pagename=FIPL%2FDF YPage%2FFord-Default&site=FIPL&c=DFYPage"

All the best
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 00:51   #27

Going by all the suggessions, I have checked all the details. From the VIN number the manufacturin month and year is May 2009. From my delivery item, PDI is done on 16th July 2009. It has all the SXI premium specifications except the change in the alloy wheels. Definitely not the old stock . I went to the dealer today and enquired about that also. He is saying both the options are available for the wheels. If I want he is even ready to change them too.

Does it make any big difference... What is the difference between the two alloy wheels other than the style? The current one looks fine to me.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:42   #28
BHPian

Good that your dealer has confirmed it is the new version, as for the bill I am not sure how they represent the Permium version. May be other Premium buyers can confirm the same. U may also want to check with Ford as to how you can recognize a Premium verion from the bill and I think they have a standard billing system for all dealers.

As for the wheels, I think the new one look way better than the old one. If I were you I would change the wheels. Team Bhpians pls add in your comments as well.
Old 13th September 2009, 13:43   #29
BHPian

Hi SriSri,

The manufacturing date of May09 raises some concerns. The new SXi premium was launched in July09, so May09 date looks bit odd.

But frankly, it doesn't make too much difference. Both cars are almost the same, except the chrome on the exteriors and wodden touch in the interiors (which i am not sure). The only thing is that if it is an old SXi, you could have bargained for more discounts. Anyways, dont bother much abt it...

Regarding the wheels, its your personal choice. i haven't seen such alloys on the Fiesta, so you can enjoy the novelty factor.

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 15:10   #30
BHPian

As rightly said by Ashish, the new SXI was launched somewhere in July/Aug so this is bit of concern however now you can't do much as its already registered on your name but you still have window to encash more discount as dealer didnt informed you upfront.

Changing alloy is individual's choice so you would be in better position to take decision on it.

My advice would be -
  • Goto showroom and check the new SXI on display to find the difference.
  • Else go to some other Ford dealer and check with him.
  • I think seats are different for new SXI in comparison to older version.
Also check the floor mat of your car as there could be possibility that he sold last model which was on display. (I am telling this from my experience because when I didnt liked the chrome of new SXI then dealer said he have only one old SXI model left & that too is on display but its mat was dirty as all visitors sits in car)

Trust me I liked the combination you got from dealer but if I would be in your position then I would asked dealer to pay back heavy cash discount as he should have told me before selling it to me