Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd March 2010, 18:53   #136
Senior - BHPian

Bumped into this thread only now! Excellent photos

Makes me jealous for not buying the Aquaris 1.6S.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:03   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@gilead: Any idea why this could be happening. Would help to know the cause and how slamming the brakes would help.
The brake shoes may not have settled well in a new car thereby leading to juddering and some other sounds. Slamming the brakes hard a few times will settle them in. Is the noise gone after alignment?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:11   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Bumped into this thread only now! Excellent photos

Makes me jealous for not buying the Aquaris 1.6S.
@kiku: Thanks a ton. Pics are partly courtesy Vroooom and party my wife, Rocket. I loved the Aquarius when i saw it when it was launched and finally got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The brake shoes may not have settled well in a new car thereby leading to juddering and some other sounds. Slamming the brakes hard a few times will settle them in. Is the noise gone after alignment?
@gilead: yeps, the alignment correction seems to have done away with the noise. Will drive it over a longer route over the weekend.

@Folks: Unfortunately, someone in my building ran a key thru the body of the car, including the rear door and the rear bumper. As a result, there's a hairline scratch at some places and a deeper scratch at others (The bumper). Cant take a pic cos my camera's gone for a toss. Is there any solution to repair the same?
premjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 10:54   #139
BHPian

Sorry to read about the scratch. My Santro has a wavy one running across the entire front & rear doors on one side. It has been there several years now & I haven't been able to do anything about it. Painting 2 doors for a scratch seems a little bit of an overkill. And who knows when a vandal is going to get back to work again?
nura is offline   Reply With Quote