Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th September 2009, 22:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying the best C segment petrol sedan in the country today!

If Ford had ABS and Airbags in the Fiesta in 2007, I would be driving a Fiesta 1.6 SXi today rather then the appliance called SX4!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 23:34   #77
BHPian

Congrats Premjit!
No doubt 1.6 S cant be beaten in looks. Happy driving.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 12:46   #78
BANNED

Congrats Premjit

Ford cars. aah. my 1st love - one of the best (if not THE best) in driving pleasure, maneuvering/Ride/Handling abilities. Am sure you'll enjoy driving her like a toy !!
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 14:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations !

I'm sure there'll be a pretty long queue for a drive during the next meet. Yours truly heading it

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Where is Aloke Automobiles?
Bang opposite Ganges there's a 'kachha' exit/galli from the main road. Aloke is in there.

@Xeta tells me that Victoria Ford has opened up with a workshop south of Science City. So that's one more service center option now.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 15:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

NOT fair. In Mumbai we are left with only 2 Ford Service centres :-(
Also, each one is 40 km from my place!!?!?!!!!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 01:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
NOT fair. In Mumbai we are left with only 2 Ford Service centres :-(
Also, each one is 40 km from my place!!?!?!!!!
@frank: he he. In Kol, we'd cover the entire city in 40 kms. but hows the service in mumbai.?
premjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 01:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Congratulations !

I'm sure there'll be a pretty long queue for a drive during the next meet. Yours truly heading it

Bang opposite Ganges there's a 'kachha' exit/galli from the main road. Aloke is in there.

@Xeta tells me that Victoria Ford has opened up with a workshop south of Science City. So that's one more service center option now.
@shuvc: Yeps, victoria ford opened up their showroom too. I guess. Saw some new fiesta's n the new endy on display there. plus all the pujo decor. A new service centre for ford is very desirable.
Old 27th September 2009, 01:37   #83
BHPian

Congratulation Premjit. The Blue color really stands out from rest.

Enjoy the puja and drive carefully with new car during the puja week.

Waiting for detailed ownership report, once the festival time is over.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 02:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Damn - just looking at the Blue S - I was tempted to pick up the phone and order one immediately !

Congrats buddy - and maybe just maybe ....one more blue might be running here in Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@premjit: Congrats! The car looks beautiful.
As for the ribbon, forget about it. Even here in Mumbai we have to yet take delivery of a car with the ribbon and a photo. The most a dealer has ever done is perform a puja, and that too was for a Mercedes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Premjit, congrats on arrival of your beauty, yesterday I was in showroom for doing PDI of my Fiesta, I saw Fiesta 1.6S in blue, she was looking stunning in flesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Ssssssssss. Just had multiple cargasms. All over again! Hehe. Congrats Premjit you have a winner in your garage. Enjoy. btw 3k is too high. Keep it 2.5 k
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Hey Prem...Congrats

A sense of deja vu here...When I went to collect my friend's Fiesta S from Ganges Ford,he too had told them whether they have any ribbons(normally every other car gives),the guys at the dealership said they dont put them

Incidentally,I have also collected my Black SX4 on Mahalaya.But am really finding it tough to drive during the Pujas(my Swift would fare better in the traffic)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congratulation Premjit. The Blue color really stands out from rest.

Enjoy the puja and drive carefully with new car during the puja week.

Waiting for detailed ownership report, once the festival time is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Congrats Premjit

Ford cars. aah. my 1st love - one of the best (if not THE best) in driving pleasure, maneuvering/Ride/Handling abilities. Am sure you'll enjoy driving her like a toy !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Congrats Premjit!
No doubt 1.6 S cant be beaten in looks. Happy driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Congrats on buying the best C segment petrol sedan in the country today!

If Ford had ABS and Airbags in the Fiesta in 2007, I would be driving a Fiesta 1.6 SXi today rather then the appliance called SX4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Nice pics Premjit. Blue looks stunning. Drive carefully in the Kolkata traffic. Happy pujas !
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats Premjit, you will have your adrenalins at the highest RPM throughout your driving time, but keep the car's RPM below 2500 whenever possible. I didnt believe in any run-in theory as all the latest cars are factory run-in already. With a Fiesta in hand, its tough to control the right foot, the late gear-shift coupled with the roar of the engine is very addictive, but please dont make it as a habit !

Are you browsing through crutchfield by any chance ? Franky might have inspired many here !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
Oshadharon lagchhey Premjit, many many congrats!! Getting it just before the pujas is a big bonus... no matter how much we crib about our jobs, being a banker does pay sometimes

Did you get the tyres changed finally?

And Mr. Hoochmeister, about that party - when, where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Premjit,

Many congratulations on your new drive. The Blue Fiesta S is one of the best looking cars on road today. I test drove one the other day and was smiling all the way. The motor is awesome to say the least!

Wish you thousands of miles of motoring pleasure.

-Subhash

P.S: I am hoping to join the Go Fida club sooner than later
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Prem,
Congrats and enjoy the drive.
Wishing you many happy miles of motoring with the "Blue Streak".

Go Fida
Guys, thanks a ton for your wishes.
Thanks to Tbhp for giving me an opportunity to meet some really great folks. I Daresay, Tbhp isnt a just a forum, its a movement.
Old 27th September 2009, 12:52   #85
BHPian

WOWWWW!! she looks hot buddy!! congrats again!!

take care of the blue streak, pal!! Enjoy!!

Btw, is it just me or do i see a black sticker/paint for the highbeams on the headlights?? is it mandatory for you to sport them in your city??
raamki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 21:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone plz explain me that if the Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium and the Fiesta 1.6S have the same engine specs, what makes the 'S' so much better car to drive? I only know that it gets fatter tires,alloys and a body kit. These can also be added to any of the Fiesta models. So what makes the 'S' the best driving car?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 10:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Could anyone plz explain me that if the Fiesta 1.6Sxi Premium and the Fiesta 1.6S have the same engine specs, what makes the 'S' so much better car to drive? I only know that it gets fatter tires,alloys and a body kit. These can also be added to any of the Fiesta models. So what makes the 'S' the best driving car?
Well the Fiesta in itself is very good car to drive regardless the model,but what makes the "S" variant better other than the fatter tires are a differently tuned ECU and the suspension which has been tinkered around with.
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 11:21   #88
BHPian

yup, absolutely!! the engine is tuned for performance and the suspension, stiffer on the 'S' as compared to the other 1.6 variants, the cosmetic additions complete the sporty look and feel which makes it the most sought after 1.6 variant for 'youngistan'!!

Last edited by raamki : 28th September 2009 at 11:22.
raamki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2009, 12:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
@ragingbull: The S and the Sxi have the same engine specs. The only difference as you rightly pointed out are:

1. the thicker tires (Eagle NCT 5 in 195/ 55/ 15 vs ZV2K in 175 section)
2. 15" alloys
3. Skirt kit and back spoiler.

Additionally, the suspension springs are shorter and harder to increase grip. As far as I know, there is no different calibration for the ECU apart from the input made for the thicker tires.

I actually TD'ed the Sxi before booking the S, since that was the demo car spec and found no difference in the the engine note, throttle response, braking etc.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:14   #90
BHPian

Default Blue Streak's First trip... a 750 kms experience.

Guys,

On Nabami yesterday, suggested to family that we drive down to see the Durga Puja in Santiniketan, a total driving distance of around 480 odd kms. The standard route would be Vidyasagar Setu out of Kolkata onto NH2 all the way to Panagarh from where we'd get onto the State Highway to Illambazar and beyond to Bolpur.

The drive would give the family a chance to enjoy the pujas away from the hustle and bustle of Kolkata while I'd get to enjoy Blue Streak's highway abilities.

I was just amazed with the car on the highways, trust me, its difficult to keep it at 3k RPM, no matter what. The engine just begs to be revved and I was often downshifting to 4 or 3 to hear that delightful rasp from the engine. I love the flexibility of the motor, it does what you want it to rather than the other way round. If you want to cruise, its happy doing so at 100 kph and if you wanna run, it can notch up ridiculous speeds in a hurry.

The roads were smooth so didnt get much of a chance to check out the dynamic abilities of the car but i must say that the steering is very responsive and the car stable at high speeds with nary a wallowing sensation ever. But yes, the harder springs on the S do crash through pot holes more than the Sxi or the other models.

The interior comfort is good for 4 people with the front seats being the best place to be. They're nice and cosseting and tend to surround the driver with good support all round. However, its not that great at the rear for tall people, because of the limited leg room and the smallish head rests.

I was very impressed with the Aircon, which cooled fast even at a blower setting of 1 or 2. However, if one jacks up the blower to 4, the noise would be enough to drown out the ICE, the lovely engine rasp and even any conversation inside the car. Its too loud.

The ICE is pretty decent for my greenhorn self. I found no clarity issues and could even raise up the volume without any distortion.

One matter of concern was that I found the headlights too inadequate on the higways. This has been an issue that has been raised on many Fiesta threads and I'm doing so here as well. The high beam was bright but the throw was very poor and I was often reaching for the high beam lever to check if there was another setting. In fact, there were stretches where I had to slow down significantly just to ensure caution.

Has anyone tried to find a way around this? A different lamp setting/ brand, maybe?

Apart from just this one issue, I'd rate the car 8/10 on the overall drive, with the headlights being a cause for concern.

That said, here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-blue-streak-gets-ready.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010040.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010041.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010051.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010062.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010064.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010069.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010073.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010088.jpg  

The Blue Streak Arrives...My Fiesta 1.6 S-p1010079.jpg