Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th September 2009, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Cool

Congrats ScorpWerap. I like you initial impression part. Yes you should know the limitations and advantages of your vehicle to drive better. Drive safely and wish you all the best on your new mission (teaching some road ethics to those morons)
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:07   #17
BHPian

Here is an update on the car.

The car came with JK tyres whereas I wanted Bridgstone so asked the dealer to change the wheels. The dealer did but then the tyretronica stopped working for rear tyres. Dealer tried to fix it on Sunday but could not. I took the delivery on Dussera and he promised to get a senior technician to fix it during the week.

Yesterday the dealer picked up the car from office, fixed it and returned before 1700. The tyretronics has finally been fixed. Now the display show correct temperature and pressure on all tyres !

Was able to explore the car more today, what I feared has proved to be correct. There is less storage space in the front doors, dash and glovebox than my M800 , shocking but true.

The door pockets are almost in-accessible when the dorrs are closed. Not very convenient !

Also, I find the steering wheel a bit slippery - especially if you have dry hands, does not offer enough grip. It is already a bit chunky so putting leather cover would make it too fat to hold. So still thiknking about what to do.

On the positive side - was very impressed with the cruise control, it works. I used it on the highway and found it very useful, would be really useful on long drives.

The engine keeps impressing - very good torque and power delivery - can truddle along in third gear in city. One of the friends - who bought a safari 3 motnhs ago said 'it's really quiet' made me happy - even more.

AC is very good, cools the car fast and I still haven't got the sun films.

I find the music system adequate - it has got CD, MP3, SD card, USB functinality. The remote offers all the controls. So don't plan to change it anytime soon.

That's it for now, would write more later.
ScorpWarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

The remote!?

I didn't get one with my Scorp. Is this a new addition?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The remote!?

I didn't get one with my Scorp. Is this a new addition?
It came with the Nippon music system with remote. Could be a new addition - just like the new instrument console !
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:31   #20
BHPian

Here is a picture of my scorpio, more pics on the pictures thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Quest to find perfect car for Indian roads and joint families :-)-img_0747.jpg  

Quest to find perfect car for Indian roads and joint families :-)-img_0718.jpg  

Quest to find perfect car for Indian roads and joint families :-)-img_0749.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2009, 02:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Awesome colour!

We wanted the same but would have had to wait for a month, so went in for the white.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 07:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Awesome colour!

We wanted the same but would have had to wait for a month, so went in for the white.
Thanks, I like white as well looks impressive, but the family liked this color as an alternative to white. I was told 3 weeks wait - it seemed like an eternity - any longer I would have gone for white.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:37   #23
BANNED

scorpwrap, congratulations on your scorpio.Looks quite cool in this shade as havent seen this one so far in my city.New console and added remote is what mahindra seems adding on to newer models.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Anything you paid for tyre change from JK to Bridgestone.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
scorpwrap, congratulations on your scorpio.Looks quite cool in this shade as havent seen this one so far in my city.New console and added remote is what mahindra seems adding on to newer models.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
Anything you paid for tyre change from JK to Bridgestone.

I did not have to pay for the tyre change but had a lot of argument with the dealer. Eventually threatened to cancel the order when things started moving.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats,Color is good.What is the official name of the color?
I've also came across violet color,seems to be new color on board for Scorpio.
I'm a great fan of steering mount audio controls which this model has.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 5th October 2009 at 15:59.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 16:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, looks cool in the new color combo. Can we have some interior pics please??
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote