Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2009, 20:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can you please post some more pics of your Jazz.... all we have are the images from the showroom.
A bit lazy to do that, will do when the right time permits...
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 21:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Till then, I am posting a pic of a photo frame given to me by Ace Honda.
Attached Thumbnails
Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc03528.jpg  

Old 16th November 2009, 16:41   #93
akp
BHPian

Thanks for a nice review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The car has covered 2,700 km by now and went through its first service at 1,000 km at prime Honda, mother dairy some time back.
  • city mileage after first service: about 14.2 kmpl.
  • highway mileage: about 17.6 kmpl.
  • best fuel economy extracted by my dad (he is a sedate driver): unbelievable 21.09 kmpl.
Sid, can you please clarify whether these are the readings of the tripmeter or computed full-tank-to-full-tank? Also, in case you have any record, have you noticed any pattern in the difference between the tripmeter FE readings and actual FE calculated by the above method?

Quote:
  • about to add USB support in the stereo, my dad is getting it done.
Once you have added USB support, I would appreciate if you can share a little more info on this (like where did you get it done, how much did it cost etc) -- as this is one feature I badly miss in my jazz.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:54   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]city mileage after first service: about 14.2 kmpl.[*]highway mileage: about 17.6 kmpl.[*]best fuel economy extracted by my dad (he is a sedate driver): unbelievable 21.09 kmpl.[*]s
Doesn't make the case for a diesel very strong! Dont know what other Jazz owners are getting.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Thanks for a nice review.

Sid, can you please clarify whether these are the readings of the tripmeter or computed full-tank-to-full-tank? Also, in case you have any record, have you noticed any pattern in the difference between the tripmeter FE readings and actual FE calculated by the above method?

The best mileage was recorded by the fuel consumption meter observed by my dad on one highway trip (he was driving alone) at a constant speed of 60 kmph with 50 percent AC on. In Delhi, he never drives above 60.

City and normal highway figures are combination of many trip computer readings and tank-full to tank-full method.

Once you have added USB support, I would appreciate if you can share a little more info on this (like where did you get it done, how much did it cost etc) -- as this is one feature I badly miss in my jazz.
It will cost you Rs. 2200, you can get it done from prime Honda itself (That's what I was told by one of their technicians). Thats where I plan to get it done. All they will do is attach a USB cable at the back of the stereo, maybe by removing the console, but before that the Honda people will have to check if the stereo has a provision or not.

I will comment on it once I get a confirmation that THIS IS POSSIBLE.

If at all it goes well,I will get this done not before mid December, than I will post an update.

Last edited by sidindica : 16th November 2009 at 17:34.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

sid, that was one hell of a write up. Congrats on your purchase. The only down side to an otherwise excellent product is the high cost of acquisition. hope to see more pictures of your ride soon.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:44   #97
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations. I managed to catch this thread today only for the first time. The experience is very well narrated and it felt as if i was watching a serial !

Can you please eloberate on your experience with the music system. When I did TD of Jazz i thought the quality of the speakers was a big let down.

Thanks.
Old 16th November 2009, 19:31   #98
akp
BHPian

Quote:
It will cost you Rs. 2200, you can get it done from prime Honda itself (That's what I was told by one of their technicians). Thats where I plan to get it done. All they will do is attach a USB cable at the back of the stereo, maybe by removing the console, but before that the Honda people will have to check if the stereo has a provision or not.

I will comment on it once I get a confirmation that THIS IS POSSIBLE.

If at all it goes well,I will get this done not before mid December, than I will post an update.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Doesn't make the case for a diesel very strong! Dont know what other Jazz owners are getting.
I just made a detailed post in my thread on Jazz about FE that I am getting. The FE of 21.09 with the kind of driving that Sid has mentioned looks very much achievable, actually. Driving mostly in the range 80--100kmph, we got an FE of 18.37 this weekend.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Hey you must be sure working for those mega serials in TV

What a write up dude, awesome and hey congrats on the Jazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Heartiest Congratulations. I managed to catch this thread today only for the first time. The experience is very well narrated and it felt as if i was watching a serial !

Thanks.
I do not work in any production company but I am a member in one of the big public forums based on TV serials for the past 5 years. Though I am not that active there now as I was during my UG days.

I still access that forum. Its called India-forums.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:03   #100
BHPian

Default Congrats !!!

SID,
Congrats on the Jazz. Wonderful write-up, I like the your style of narration. Post more pics
Old 17th November 2009, 16:40   #101
BANNED

Thumbs up

Sid, congratulations on your Jazz, what a superb buying experience you shared, perfect way to unfold each and every drama to us which in a way was felt accompanying you to each day of those process.It is overpriced but then its each ones own needs and choices.Keep updating this ownership report and do share more pictures.
Added 5* to this truely deserving thread.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:23   #102
BHPian

Sid, great review and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Though you did mention that your mother finds the car very comfortable, what is your opinion? I ask this because some of the other owners felt the rear seats were not comfortable enough on a long journey. Your overall perspective of the car completely gels with mine. I think it is a very practical alternative to a saloon and when compared to the ANHC, does not seem overpriced.

You have carved out quite a reputation to live up to. Thanks for being on the forum.
Old 18th November 2009, 14:38   #103
BHPian

Cool Another Brilliant Article

Unbelievable congrats on the new car.

I loved this car, had to let go of it only because of the price tag

I still remember your post about the hatchback comparison was really helpful in my decision to buy the i20. Thanks a ton for that
Old 18th November 2009, 19:40   #104

Jazzy mileage: I did Ambala to Delhi at 12.40 in the night. Drove only between 50 and 60 with only one braking at the toll barrier. I got a mileage of 25.6 kmpl. Try it. I did it for kicks. I plan to get some more juice next time I have to drop someone to the railway station in Ambala. Other wise my city driving average is about 17kmpl.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:07   #105
Senior - BHPian

Liked this habanero red jazz I saw today. Of course, my bhanji is being gifted one in white with active package plus the same design alloys you see here.
So, another jazz is added somewhere in our family on my recommendation. She was going for I20, but I did not recommend her.
Attached Thumbnails
Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc01806.jpg  

Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc01805.jpg  

Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc01802.jpg  

Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc01803.jpg  

Twing-o-twing, I want all my world to sing, I got tupi tupi twing. Honda Jazz-dsc01804.jpg  

Closed Thread