Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th September 2009, 15:19   #16
BHPian

Congratulations... Enjoy your new ride..
rajtheindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 18:50   #17
BHPian

Smile

Kuchh log doosron ki sunte hai aur Kuchh log Apne Dil ki Sunte hai.
And you did both at the same time.....
Congratulations..........Have a safe riding,.............
oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 21:28   #18
BHPian

Thanks Guys for the Congratulations!!

For me the saga to buy a car started by 25th Aug or so. I decided now its time I need to get a car for my daily commute to the new office. My budget was 5-8 lakhs and with a daily commute of about 50 odd KM, suggestions started poring in to look for a diesel car for the obvious reasons. So on 29th and 30th I started TDing various options available in market. First Stop was Fiat, i really like Fiats (my dad has a Fiat Uno and brother has a Palio), Fiats strong build and superb highway handling is unmatched of in Indian market. I did the TD for Punto and liked the car. The "desh ka engine" works great in Punto. Liked the car and made up my mind for the same, but then to satisfy the demands of others I had to take a TD at Maruti for Swift (liked this one also, but then the ridiculously long waiting was a big NO NO), next stop was Modi Hyundai in Thane and I seriously think how does Hyundai sell cars in Thane. The Sales Rep there was more keen to make me understand that I don't need a car and better should not disturb him by asking questions on i20. Then a friend of mine suggested when you are putting in so much why not try to Chevy Aveo (its a sedan, its luxurious, 3 years maintenance package and all you need to pay is just the petrol). Tried that also, but naah a Petrol with 9-11 millage will be heavy on my pocket on the long run so the Final winner at the end (as expected) was Punto. with about 7 lakh on road fully loaded Diesel (its a value for money). No one gives you so much in 7 (Alloys, ABS, EBD, Blue & ME).

Next part was the final rounds of negotiations with the dealer. Got a 9K corporate discount and then free mud flaps & floor mats. Decided for the car and the booking done on 30th itself. The dealer promised the delivery for 19th (first day of Navratri). Declined Insurance from the dealer saved almost 10K there. Got a call from the dealer on 11th, the car has landed please come for an Inspection (requested by me), went to the Dealer Warehouse in Kalyan with a checklist (thanks to Team BHP). The car was scratch less, noted down the VIN & Engine Number of the car. The sales rep told we will take it for registration on 15th. I was happy finally I am going to get my new Expensive Toy on schedule. Then on 16th I called the sales rep to enquire about how the registration is going on and to my dismay she told me sir we need to get actual lease agreement by Wednesday(Rental Dead for my residence) else we have to go for a WAP registration and you will not be able to get the delivery by 19th. The WAP will cost you another 4K for that. I was totally shocked, the sales rep all this time had the documents and never even bothered to check what was exactly needed and most of all being in the business of selling cars I do expect them to know what are the basic requirements to get a car registered. After a period of 15 days since booking she is telling me that RTO will not do the registration without the actual lease agreement. Last moment had to arrange for the original lease agreement from the landlord and pass it on the dealer. Again called back to dealer on Friday to check when can we have the delivery on 19th, she said sir not sure for the time but we will definitely have the delivery. I will give you a call on 19th morning to let you know of the timing. Finally had to call the dealer again on 19th noon (after waiting for the dealers phone call for long) to get the timing, the sales rep said sir you can come down by 2:00 p.m. and we will have the delivery. So armed with a camera, sweets, pooja stuff me and my friend were at Balaji Cars Pvt. Ltd. in Thane at sharp 2:00 to check the delivery status, the reply from the Sales Rep was sir the car is coming from the Kalyan warehouse so it will take some time can you be back by 4:00. We decided no point returning back to home and so the waiting started at dealer shop. Was checking in between with the Sales Rep about the status of the car. No news. Finally at around 5:30 the sales rep gave the good news sir the car has arrived and we are getting it washed. She then said sir can we have the paperwork done, I need to leave early as I skipped my lunch. This was surprising a sales rep cribbing for skipping the lunch due to workload and then wants to finish the paperwork without even a PDI. I told her clearly I will do the paperwork only after having a complete inspection of the car. Finally the car was ready for me by 6:30 and then the sales rep said you can not drive the car outside Thane city since we have not yet got the number from RTO. This was too much disappointing for me. I have the toy with me which I cannot play with just keep looking and drooling at it. With no other option than to take the car home with me, I signed the dotted line. Now hoping that I will get the Registration Numbers by Tue.

In all my experience with Balaji Cars was very disappointing. I am sure I will not be going to them for the A.S.S. Read some good reviews about the Fortune Cars Powai for FIAT A.S.S, would rather prefer traveling extra to there distance for servicing the car. I would suggest other to look at other FIAT dealers if possible, and if they choose to go with Balaji Cars then they should check with others about the rules and regulations and all the documentations needed.

In short I can say the following for the dealer for people looking to buy a FIAT in Thane.

Pros

1. Dealer Shop available in Thane.

Cons

1. Sales Rep doesn't know the Product at all (till the date of Delivery the Sales Rep was not even aware that Car has a Bluetooth )
2. The Sales Rep was not sure of the formalities need to be done for RTO and Registration.
3. Sales rep was taking interest till the time car booking was not done.
4. I had to follow a lot with the sales rep to ensure that every document is in place and I can get the delivery with no goof ups, but still the dealer was not able to get the car registration done in time :( , now I have to wait till Wed to take this baby out for a spin.

Disclaimer:- This is the first Car that I bought in India so may be the expectations that I have from a car Dealer were be too high.

Here are the much awaited Snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6434.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6435.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6436.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6437.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6438.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6439.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6440.jpg  

She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto-img_6441.jpg  

arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 22:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car buddy ,she's really gorgeous.Get rid of those balaji stickers at the back they are spoiling the rear.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2009, 23:32   #20
BHPian

Default Congrats

Congrats and nice choice of colour. Pls post the pictures and a detailed driving experience.
In what way was the dealer experience not world class?
pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 00:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations brother for your new acquisition.Nice car and nice photographs too.Loved your "intentional mistake".I wish you a Happy and Safe Motoring...Drive her safe

Last edited by Klub Class : 21st September 2009 at 00:03.
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 00:00   #22
BHPian

Congrats arishi1 you car looks excellent. Drive safe.

FYI Fortune has their branch at Wagale Estate Thane.
kiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 00:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

a very nice car of your's, nice color. congrats.
amit V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 00:53   #24
BHPian

Congrats Arishi!

Your car looks great. I hope you get the proper number plates soon so you can enjoy the car on the highway.

A question on your dealership experience. I live in Thane and I thought Fortune Cars Thane was the only dealers for Fiat here - had you approached them too before purchasing? If so, why Balaji Motors in the end? I'm asking because I might be buying a Punto soon too.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 01:48   #25
BHPian

Great looking car. As some one already pointed out, remove those balaji stickers. The second paragraph you wrote was too big. I like the stock alloys as well.
bigmoose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 10:00   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Congrats Arishi!

Your car looks great. I hope you get the proper number plates soon so you can enjoy the car on the highway.

A question on your dealership experience. I live in Thane and I thought Fortune Cars Thane was the only dealers for Fiat here - had you approached them too before purchasing? If so, why Balaji Motors in the end? I'm asking because I might be buying a Punto soon too.
Hoping to get the number plates tomorrow.

I was not aware of Fortune Cars at Thane. When I started looking, the FIAT website told me Fortune Powai, Wasan Marine Lines & Concorde Prabhadevi. There 1800 number was never reachable. I travel daily from Ghodbunder Road and saw the Balaji Motors Showroom. However I did call Wasan for a TD and they returned to a TD request on 12th of Sept. too late.

I hope you will get better response at Fortune.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 10:15   #27
BHPian

Congrats arishi, car looks great. You must get rid of that obtrusive Balaji sticker at the back. No point doing free advertising for a dealer who made you run around with false promises.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Congratulations Arishi1, enjoy the beauty with the correct precautions (read: Drive Safe)
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 18:06   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Arishi1. She is really hot. Forget your experience with the dealr and just enjoy your new ride buddy. We will be waiting for the initial ownership report from you.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2009, 19:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mate!
The color is really nice.
Enjoy the drive.

P.S- Your expectations from dealer was absolutely correct.
Forget it and enjoy now.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote