Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 14:25   #31
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Great to know that you had a gala time with the Fiesta. Do put in some pics of the car.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:25   #32
MCR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 727
Thanked: 225 Times
Default

Good pics..the interiors look amazing.
Came across the AD in TOI about Limited Edition Fiesta 1.4TDCi for 6,43,000.

I have a few questions before I go to the showroom to check out the same;

1. Is it Equipped with ABS?
2. Are the interiors similar to the 1.4 Sxi?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:47   #33
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Good pics..the interiors look amazing.
Came across the AD in TOI about Limited Edition Fiesta 1.4TDCi for 6,43,000.

I have a few questions before I go to the showroom to check out the same;

1. Is it Equipped with ABS?
2. Are the interiors similar to the 1.4 Sxi?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
The limited edition is basically the EXi version with few goodies added to it. The notable additions include, height adjustable driver seat, mp3 player, and few other gimmicks.

It's a good deal nevertheless at this price point.

It does not come with ABS, and on the interiors, it will miss the leather seats & rubberised (soft) IP topper, gear wrapped steering & gear knob, etc which are standard in the SXI version.

Last edited by oss : 6th October 2009 at 19:50.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 11:04   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

You have given nice pictures of Coorg including the one with spider looking at nature!
YOu should have taken couple of shots of your car in that lovely place - hope you might have taken but not posted yet?
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 11:50   #35
Untouchables09
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Congrats oss on owning a great car.

Those backlit dials look very good
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 20:38   #36
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

OSS, as we have upgraded tyres, do you know what is possible percentage error in terms of kms covered as it will affect while calculating mileage.

Thanks.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 14:42   #37
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
OSS, as we have upgraded tyres, do you know what is possible percentage error in terms of kms covered as it will affect while calculating mileage.
The error due to upsizing to 185/65R14 is just -2.23% However the speedo itself is normally calibrate to show optimistic figures to boost the ego of the driver. In the case of Fiesta the speedo error is about 5%., so the upsizing only brings down the speedo error and makes it bit more accurate.

As far the ODO reading is concerned, i am not sure how accurate the calibration is. Assuming an accurate Odometer, the displyed km reading will be lesser by 2.23% than the actual distance travelled.

If you have travelled an actual 10,000 km distance, then the ODO will read as 9,777 km. This again is a theoretical calculation.

In reality, the rolling radius not only depends on the wheel & tyre dimension, but also the tyre pressure & the payload. The ODO would have been calibrated to ideal tyre pressure & the load the vehicle is carrying. But reality could be very different that the no. of passengers/load vary greatly and also the tyre pressure, so the ODO reading will always be inaccurate by +/- 3-5%, so the difference due to upsizing is not going to affect the km accuracy to a large extent.

Bottomline is, no need to bother so much about it

Last edited by oss : 10th October 2009 at 14:45. Reason: Typo
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 15:15   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore.
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Oss,

I see you must be a great FAN of the FORD as your handle suggests..

Great Shade i must say...how much is the OTR there ?

I am quite impressed by your calculation of 2.23% ...nice...

Would you mind telling me whats the deal like for the tyres exchange please.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 15:49   #39
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The best way to calculate the error is to start your GPS and then compare the difference between both the reading. But this thing should be done where you have adequate GPS signal and as its tracked by satellite so it should be more accurate reading to basline.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 16:35   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

The Odo distance and actual distance cannot be 100% accurate whatever way one calculate. For example, I got the distance for Kannur to Guruvayoor as 222kms (written in one of the thread), whereas Automobile Association of Southern India given the distance as 212.3kms, however my car odo shows the distance as 210.8kms (very close figure to AASI).
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 16:43   #41
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
The error due to upsizing to 185/65R14 is just -2.23% However the speedo itself is normally calibrate to show optimistic figures to boost the ego of the driver. In the case of Fiesta the speedo error is about 5%., so the upsizing only brings down the speedo error and makes it bit more accurate.

As far the ODO reading is concerned, i am not sure how accurate the calibration is. Assuming an accurate Odometer, the displyed km reading will be lesser by 2.23% than the actual distance travelled.

If you have travelled an actual 10,000 km distance, then the ODO will read as 9,777 km. This again is a theoretical calculation.

In reality, the rolling radius not only depends on the wheel & tyre dimension, but also the tyre pressure & the payload. The ODO would have been calibrated to ideal tyre pressure & the load the vehicle is carrying. But reality could be very different that the no. of passengers/load vary greatly and also the tyre pressure, so the ODO reading will always be inaccurate by +/- 3-5%, so the difference due to upsizing is not going to affect the km accuracy to a large extent.

Bottomline is, no need to bother so much about it
OSS, thanks for thorough and detailed info, but I'll keep in mind your bottomline, no need to bother so much.

Thanks.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 15:58   #42
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I have been driving around quite a lot in the last couple of weeks. First it was the trip to the hometown, where i was testing the load carrying capacity of the TDCi engine to the max

It was a 400km drive (up & down) consisting of 4 adults, 1 teenager & 2 kids and some luggage. Was driving in the range of 90-110 kms with lots of stopping/slowing down on account of Diwali traffic. It was telling on the mileage though as i had got a figure of 17kmpl in the end.

The second trip was a drive to BLR. Was travelling alone so decided to rip the car. Also by this time i had cross 3000km, so decided that no more running-in is required

Took her the to the max of 140 kmph speed, and the drive was fantastic. It gets little noisy above 130.

When i tanked up on the way back i had realised that inspite of all the highspeed action i had actually got a mileage of 19.4kmpl.

I have been running it on BP Premium Diesel all this while. This time i filled HP TurboJet for the first time. On the return trip i found the engine note to be a bit harsh and had to struggle to go beyond 130. Not sure if it was the TurboJet or the heavy crosswinds. Which fuel do you guys fill in normally and which one you all prefer?

I have done a total of 3500 kms in 6 weeks - not bad huh !!
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 20:43   #43
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I have been running it on BP Premium Diesel all this while. This time i filled HP TurboJet for the first time. On the return trip i found the engine note to be a bit harsh and had to struggle to go beyond 130. Not sure if it was the TurboJet or the heavy crosswinds. Which fuel do you guys fill in normally and which one you all prefer?

I have done a total of 3500 kms in 6 weeks - not bad huh !!
OSS, you are enjoying your car to fullest, 3500 kms in 6 weeks, this way you will touch 30000 kms in a year.

Regarding fuel my service manager told me strictly to use normal fuel, He told me car is tuned to normal fuel, if you want and also recommended me to use system D with normal fuel, He was strongly against using of Premium fuel.
I personally prefer IOC normal fuel, yet I have not used system D, may be in next filling I'll try.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 21:20   #44
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
OSS, you are enjoying your car to fullest, 3500 kms in 6 weeks, this way you will touch 30000 kms in a year.

Regarding fuel my service manager told me strictly to use normal fuel, He told me car is tuned to normal fuel, if you want and also recommended me to use system D with normal fuel, He was strongly against using of Premium fuel.
I personally prefer IOC normal fuel, yet I have not used system D, may be in next filling I'll try.
30000 kms - well, that's the target

When i took delivery the sales guy told me to use either System D with normal diesel or to use premium diesel in which case without Sys-D.

I went with premium diesel as i didn't want the hassle of mixing Sys-D every time i fill the tank.

Wonder why these guys keep giving conflicting messages. Let me check with the service manager and on what he says.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 23:33   #45
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
30000 kms - well, that's the target

When i took delivery the sales guy told me to use either System D with normal diesel or to use premium diesel in which case without Sys-D.

I went with premium diesel as i didn't want the hassle of mixing Sys-D every time i fill the tank.

Wonder why these guys keep giving conflicting messages. Let me check with the service manager and on what he says.
Ya please check with Service Manager, when I took delivery Sales guy told me to use normal diesel and when I visited Service Centre, Service Manager told me same, I have not asked why, if they are working tomorrow I'll ask detail explanation.
Personally I feel Premium Petrol/Diesel doesn't make any difference, just it is a way to earn more margin, I tried many times on my Santro normal petrol/premium petrol, but I never found difference in performance and FE.
I found qualitative difference only with Shell petrol and other petrols.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
And finally she is mine - New Honda City SMT spinks_69 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 7th February 2014 20:23
Car is good but cash is mine (Ford Figo) figo_mba Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 31st January 2013 16:15
FORD IKON TDCI.. Its mine now! "The Josh Machine" agent009 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 34 14th January 2010 20:49
tested, booked, delivered..she's mine! Linea 1.4 E Pk vroomsome Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 5th December 2009 18:41
She is home, She is Hot & Yes its Punto arishi1 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 91 13th November 2009 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks