Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th January 2010, 21:30   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Dude, we're talking about Logo's/ Badges getting stolen which is a bad practice in Mumbai

In my residence vicinity, my Linea was the 1st car from where logo theft started. Now all cars parked all around are without logo's including Innova, Ikon, Santro, Corrolla, Fiesta etc. My earlier Ikon logo was never stolen in the same parking place.
Sorry didn't know that it has been stolen, I thought that it has been fallen off, My mistake as from Invidious post could not make out weather its been fell off or been stolen, sorry again.

Last edited by jacksons : 9th January 2010 at 21:31.
jacksons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 11:53   #92
BHPian

@jacksons - Yea - it is mostly school going kids who are "employed" by some anti-social elements to engage in removal of the logos for some pocket money. It is annoying to say the least.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 11:49   #93
BHPian

Quick question - I barely drive this car and in all these months it has just touched 4k kms. However, I am having trouble with the A/C. It doesn't work - and Tata service center has given me an appointment on the 13th of this month. Have other people faced this issue? If so - is there a solution I should be aware of? Thanks.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:36   #94
BHPian

1.4 is being offered ECU remap which rejigs the cut-in/cut out timing of the ACC. I got it done. Since there is no high temp in my area, can't comment if efficacy has increased, however, people from Delhi and Chennai have reported significant improvement.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 20:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

Is this true for the 1.4 in the GP as well?
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 21:10   #96
BHPian

^ yes. It is being offered on 1.4 and not on 1.3. Your SA might be ignorant about it. Raise level in the service center to works manager or someone to get it done. They do it only if ACC problem is reported. I did not have a problem, got it done anyhow. Process takes 15 mins.
Old 5th July 2010, 21:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Any way to get them put the new BS IV remap as well?
Old 6th July 2010, 00:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Any way to get them put the new BS IV remap as well?
This is actually a very interesting question, if nothing else, this can help Fiat distinguish itself from the other manufacturers. I am sure, most people would really appreciate that gesture.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 07:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

Actually a remap is desperately required.

I have always been of the opinion that the 1.4 has got oodles of power, only in the wrong rev band. If only power delivery could be improved under 2k rpm... the whole lot of 1.4 owners would be happy.

Hope FIAPL takes note of this.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:42   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
1.4 is being offered ECU remap which rejigs the cut-in/cut out timing of the ACC. I got it done. Since there is no high temp in my area, can't comment if efficacy has increased, however, people from Delhi and Chennai have reported significant improvement.
Gee - thanks. I shall bring it up. If the Service Advisor in unaware of this, my guess is that I must raise it with someone higher up. As of now, there is no cooling at all - so am assuming it is out of gas. Did you have to pay a fee for the re-map? Thanks once again.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:21   #101
BHPian

No charges for the re-map. FOC.
Old 8th July 2010, 01:54   #102
BHPian

Spoke to service advisor over phone - they will do the ECU remap on scheduled appointment. Thanks for your help - I truly do appreciate it.
Old 14th July 2010, 20:55   #103
BHPian

They fixed the A/C but did not do the ECU re-mapping claiming that it can only be done after the car has at least 7k kilometers on it. They even fixed an issue for free which did not come under the purview of the warranty. Some kid had broken the left hand side wiper on the car and I had done a quick and dirty job by taping it. They replaced the whole thing for free.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:00   #104
BHPian

My car had only 5K and it was done. So obviously he is quoting something to hide some inefficiency.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
They fixed the A/C but did not do the ECU re-mapping claiming that it can only be done after the car has at least 7k kilometers on it. They even fixed an issue for free which did not come under the purview of the warranty. Some kid had broken the left hand side wiper on the car and I had done a quick and dirty job by taping it. They replaced the whole thing for free.
Great, good to hear that they did something to ensure customer satisfaction. I am sure you are happy with the experience.

Any clue about why the 7K limit? Also, do you still plan to get it done?
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote