Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th July 2010, 21:18   #106
BHPian

@ amartya - Actually, my driving is pretty much limited to the city and given how much I hate driving in Bombay, I either take a hatch or call a cab. Got the Linea in Diwali and I have not yet touched 4000 kms even though I did a couple trips to Pune in it. So not sure if the re-map is worth it. Will it really make a big difference?
@ nutsnbolts - Ah thanks - will give feedback.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 20:09   #107
BHPian

Got seats done by Karlsson in Bombay - see attached pics.

Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience-04092010060.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience-04092010061.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience-04092010062.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience-04092010063.jpg  

Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience-04092010064.jpg  

Old 20th November 2010, 23:33   #108
BHPian

Got the one year servicing today at Tata Motors at Worli. They have renovated the service center and it is much more welcoming. They kept my car overnight - told me there was a problem with the gearbox of a certain batch of Lineas and it is surprisingly less notchy now. I had specifically asked them to replace a chrome strip that had fallen off at the rear. I signed all the forms and switched on the car, it started playing the radio. Usually, it plays my USB drive so I opened the glovebox but the thumb drive wasn't there. I looked in the glove compartment and told the guys there to look for it. Initially the manager said, "We will look for it and if it's there I will send it." I told them - "Too bad, give me the forms back - or you can reimburse me for it or you can go find it." They looked for it for 10 minutes, couldn't find it and then went and got me another pen drive. I don't know whether to be satisfied or not.
Old 21st November 2010, 00:31   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Got the one year servicing today at Tata Motors at Worli. They have renovated the service center and it is much more welcoming. They kept my car overnight - told me there was a problem with the gearbox of a certain batch of Lineas and it is surprisingly less notchy now. I had specifically asked them to replace a chrome strip that had fallen off at the rear. I signed all the forms and switched on the car, it started playing the radio. Usually, it plays my USB drive so I opened the glovebox but the thumb drive wasn't there. I looked in the glove compartment and told the guys there to look for it. Initially the manager said, "We will look for it and if it's there I will send it." I told them - "Too bad, give me the forms back - or you can reimburse me for it or you can go find it." They looked for it for 10 minutes, couldn't find it and then went and got me another pen drive. I don't know whether to be satisfied or not.
Well the same thing happened to me. The guys over at the service station took out the pen drive while washing and cleaning the car.
But the guy incharged of washing the car had placed it somewhere else and later on delivered at my home.
ishlinea7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:40   #110
BHPian

Default Got tired of Fiat - finally e-mailed the CEO

This is the e-mail I sent FIAT India and marked everyone I could get the e-mail address of -

Gurpratap Boparai
Ricky Walter
CEO Desk
Service Center -

I am writing this e-mail as I am honestly sick and tired of interacting with the thoroughly inept and unprofessional individuals who man your Service Center at "Tata Car Service Centre - Worli - Mumbai."

Ever since I bought my Fiat Line Emotion Pack (Petrol) in 2009 - I have raised my issue with Fiat no less than 10-12 times. Every few months the horn on my car stops working. Given the haphazard driving style in India where I have to dodge pedestians, rickshaws, cows and what not I hope you realize that driving without a functional horn is extremely frustrating.

I had consistently raised this issue whilst the vehicle was under warranty. Once I raised the issue after the lapse of the 2 year bumper-to-bumper warranty, I was promptly told that the horn is defective and that I would have to install some new part worth Rs. 20k .When I asked them why was this not specified when the vehicle was Under Warranty, I was not given a satisfactory reply but was told than an engineer from Fiat Pune would come and rectify my problem. Some engineer from Pune did come and claimed he had fixed the problem for good. As it turns out, "for good" turned out to be 6-7 months. In September this year, the same issue began. Fed up, I raised a complaint with Fiat on your 1-800 line. I was told to bring in my car on October 9, 2012 at the Tata Car Service Centre. I once again asked the guy fixing it if it will be fixed for good. He claimed it was. I told him to give it to me in writing which he refused.

When I went to collect the car, the interior of the car was filthy - filthy with black dirt beyond words. Since I went to collect the car at 9 pm, the office was shut but I was told I could collect it upto 11 pm. The plastic panel for soda cans was filthy, the arm rest was filthy - considering I have leather installed on my seats and arm rest I had to use baby shampoo to get the dirt out.

In less than 3 weeks, I am facing the same problem again. Over the years, I have lived in USA, Europe and India and owned cars from Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Suzuki, VW and Ford. I have yet to come across such pathetic customer service anywhere in my life. If not for the 3rd rate judicial system in this country, I would have probably gotten my car replaced under the lemon law in New York since clearly this car was a defective product sold to me. When I pay the full amount for a product, I expect a company to honor their end of the bargain and give me a product which works. I understand that a product coming off an assembly line may be defective. However, this issue could have been nipped in the bud if your company well and truly believed in Customer Service.

To expect me to drive down the car every few months to the Service Center is appalling. This time it is less than 3 weeks.

I do not wish to bring my car to the Service Center for this problem ever again. I hope that raising this issue with the top management of the company would be enough to sort out my problem once and for all. I look forward to your response.

Finally, this e-mail of mine seemed to wake them up.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:04   #111
BHPian

Default Re: Got tired of Fiat - finally e-mailed the CEO

I seriously was planning to upgrade my santro to a Fiat Grande Punto next year after my finance on the hyundai expires. But now I think I will stay away. Not just because of your case but because of the countless complaints that I have read on this forum.

Shame on you FIAT! Considering this brand also owns FERRARI, you would expect them to have their act together, but...
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 15:16   #112
BHPian

No matter how much i liked punto,when i sold my palio in 2007 i decided it was my last fiat.
Due to the obvious reasons.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 15:52   #113
BHPian

Default Re: Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience

Update: They are replacing the hornpad for free tomorrow. I did speak to a few of the top guys at Fiat - clearly my e-mail did set a cat amongst the pigeons. One of the people who I spoke to told me that they have already begun setting up separate service centers and that they are pretty much fed up of the Tata service centers.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:58   #114
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Delivered with a Horrendous Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Update: They are replacing the hornpad for free tomorrow. I did speak to a few of the top guys at Fiat - clearly my e-mail did set a cat amongst the pigeons. One of the people who I spoke to told me that they have already begun setting up separate service centers and that they are pretty much fed up of the Tata service centers.
That is good news,AFAIK horn pad includes driver side Airbag as well,hence the hefty cost.Please post pictures once done.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote