Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th September 2009, 10:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Ho congrats . May be this is the first time I am seeing a BLACK sx4 here .
Thanks black.

Nilanjan(another team bhp member) bought a black SX4 about a month back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi joy_swift
congrats,welcome to the sx4 club.
please enlighten us about the arm rest.is it a MGA.
how much does it cost.please post some pictures when you are free
enjoy and drive safe.
Thanks Babu.

I would post some pica of the armrest tomorrow.

Its not a MGA product but its meant for the SX4,looks really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Welcome to the club & congratulations !! Me to bought one in June 2009.
Once you get used to driving the SX4, then every other car would seem smaller (In the segment & slightly higher). It has an imposing presence and the high GC + overall height make it a lot more safer in comparison to the much shorter competition.
Drive safe and enjoy the ride.
Thanks Maglev.Yes,I am really starting to like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Joy,

Congrats on your new ride. The SX is truly an awesome car with its imposing presence and good GC. And the reliability of MUL. You cant go wrong.

Btw: got the same reverse sensors and sun film fitted from Glix. Finding the sensors to be a boon while parallel parking.

All the best and lots of great miles...
Thanks Premjit.Hoping to catch you sometime on the road.

Now there are 3 aquarius blue Fiesta S on the Kolkata roads.

Vinay(of Glix) had recommended the parking sensors and so bought it.Still have to go for the 3M polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Great buy! Congrats!

By the way, why do you have to keep it under 2k? *stumped*
Correct me if I am wrong but this is a petrol engine, right? So my guess is you can rev it till 3.5k or about.

Also be advised to vary speed and revs to free the engine properly. Just my two cents! I might be wrong.
Thanks.Just keeping under 2K for the first 1000 kms,some say the run in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Ya, my Hyundai i10 manual also says that for the first 1000 miles, rev should be kept between 2000-4000 rpm, and speed should be varied. I flouted this rule only once - today (used kickdown to pass a call center cab sumo that blocked me for over 5 kms on the right lane @ 60, engine revved upto 5.5 K - loved the growl of the engine though!!)
I also revved once to 4K,not more than that.That was when I was the 1st car on the AJC road flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hats off to you for that. but unfortunately you dont need to keep it that low. keep it under 4k rpm for the first 1000kms. even if u cross 4k rpm a few times its fine. the main thing is not to keep it at a constant rpm.
Thanks akshay,will take note of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
congrats @joy_swift. As akshay has mentioned you do not have to keep it under 2000 rpm. Vary the rpms and then after 1000 Kms start putting a little load on the engine progressively. Wish you years of happy SX4ing...
Thanks BlackPearl,am also hoping the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Congrats! The Black Stallio has arrived. I am sure that you will enjoy driving the car. Please pick up a pack of 3 M Wax polish as well and wax the car every 2-3 weeks.

A shiny black SX4 looks macho. The challenge it to keep it that way as it attracts dust as a bitch in **at attracts all the mongrels in the city.
Thanks Rajneesh.Will pick up a 3M wax polish pack.

Couldnt agree more that its the toughest to maintain a black car,however if you maintain it well looks ultimate.
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 10:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Thanks black.
I also revved once to 4K,not more than that.That was when I was the 1st car on the AJC road flyover.

Couldnt agree more that its the toughest to maintain a black car,however if you maintain it well looks ultimate.
Try the rajarhat bypass sometime in the off peak hours, and do a speed check . AJC bose rd flyover scrambles dont do justice to your car.

And I just go berserk every morning when I see a coat of dust on my car - the reason for me getting 15 minutes late to office now a days!
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Try the rajarhat bypass sometime in the off peak hours, and do a speed check . AJC bose rd flyover scrambles dont do justice to your car.

And I just go berserk every morning when I see a coat of dust on my car - the reason for me getting 15 minutes late to office now a days!
My office is in Rajarhat,so all my TD's have taken place there.

The only problem is with the cows venturing on the roads

Better to reach office late than having dust on your car
Old 30th September 2009, 12:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My office is in Rajarhat,so all my TD's have taken place there.
Maybe then I can catch a glimpse of your car sometime, if luck favors!

BTW, which RTO isues WB06 plates?
Old 30th September 2009, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Through your signature it seems you are a die hard Maruti products fan.

All the best.
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe then I can catch a glimpse of your car sometime, if luck favors!

BTW, which RTO isues WB06 plates?
WB06 is issued by Beltala.

Btw,saw your Mazda 626,looks cool.Incidentally,when I was in US was driving an almost new Mazda 6 sports(220 bhp) and I drove it for 2 months before had to give it back to Hertz(mandatory maintenance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Through your signature it seems you are a die hard Maruti products fan.

All the best.
Good catch

Have been a fan of Zen and the next gen Maruti products(Swift,SX4,GV,now Kizashi)
Old 30th September 2009, 14:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw,saw your Mazda 626,looks cool.Incidentally,when I was in US was driving an almost new Mazda 6 sports(220 bhp) and I drove it for 2 months before had to give it back to Hertz(mandatory maintenance).
So the WB02 is exhausted is guess!

We (me and my roommate) drove that Mazda 626 for over 23000 miles in 14 months . And it was a 10 year old car with 81000 miles on the odo!

Last edited by blackasta : 30th September 2009 at 14:56.
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Joy!

I am having a great time with my black Sx4. Almost completed 5000 km within 2 months. I kept the RPM below 2500 for the first 1000 km - not below 2000 as you are doing. Am getting around 11 in the city and 13+ on highway trips. Have touched 145km/hr @ 4500 RPM; didn't feel like taking it higher because of the stock tyres.

You will have a great time when you go on highway trips - the car handles bad roads with ease, and eats up the miles. If I were in Calcutta, I would have talen the car to Sikkim after the first servicing :-)

I have gone for black leather seats (perforations in the touch areas) - black on black looks sexy. Tan would also look nice.

Are you planning to fit Xenon HIDs?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 3rd October 2009 at 00:07.
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 17:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.How good is the Rear seat armrest for the third person.
Heard they changed to make it comfortable.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 22:35   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Joy. I too bought an SX4 in August 09. It is a solid vehicle, high GC provides great view and confidence especially in highway driving.

All the best
marathp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 14:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Congratulations Joy!

I am having a great time with my black Sx4. Almost completed 5000 km within 2 months. I kept the RPM below 2500 for the first 1000 km - not below 2000 as you are doing. Am getting around 11 in the city and 13+ on highway trips. Have touched 145km/hr @ 4500 RPM; didn't feel like taking it higher because of the stock tyres.

You will have a great time when you go on highway trips - the car handles bad roads with ease, and eats up the miles. If I were in Calcutta, I would have talen the car to Sikkim after the first servicing :-)

I have gone for black leather seats (perforations in the touch areas) - black on black looks sexy. Tan would also look nice.

Are you planning to fit Xenon HIDs?
Taking your advice,am keeping the revs only under 3000.

For the 1st tank fill,am getting a FE of 9.2(100% AC and also 40 mins A/C on while having tea at Gurdwara,also during the pujas its bumper to bumper traffic).So am really happy,should give 10 after the 1st service.

For the leather seats,am thinking of Stanley and in beige(red border).But its only planned in Dec.

Am planning to fit the Xenon HIDs but need to do some research on it.

I would love to take the car to North Bengal provided the road is OK.Currently the condition is extremely bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats.How good is the Rear seat armrest for the third person.
Heard they changed to make it comfortable.
The rear seat armrest protrudes much less now,so is much more comfortable.Have to admit that so far have only sat in the drivers seat in both my earlier Swift and so far in the SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Congratulations Joy. I too bought an SX4 in August 09. It is a solid vehicle, high GC provides great view and confidence especially in highway driving.

All the best
Thanks marathp.Am liking the way it handles the roads.Have changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy ones and that has improved the handling a lot.Tyre noise is also less.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:39   #27
Untouchables09

Congrats Joy_swift

She is a true all-rounder & VFM. Great choice of the car & the colour
Old 6th October 2009, 19:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking your advice,am keeping the revs only under 3000.

Have changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy ones and that has improved the handling a lot.Tyre noise is also less.
Can you elaborate on the differences that you found between the stock JK and the Primacy LCs? I am also thinking of tyre upgrade.
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 13:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Can you elaborate on the differences that you found between the stock JK and the Primacy LCs? I am also thinking of tyre upgrade.
For now,only the tyre noise.Heard it handles better though am not been able to test this.

Due to the repeated suggestions from fellow SX4 owners here,have gone for the change.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For now,only the tyre noise.Heard it handles better though am not been able to test this.

Due to the repeated suggestions from fellow SX4 owners here,have gone for the change.
i dont know how well the Primacy handles, but my SX4 on stock Vectras handles pretty decently, i have taken sweeping corners on highways at 120+ kph with no hint of understeer or tyre squeal. But yes, road noise is an issue, but Maruti provides a solution for that as stock- the left button on the steerin wheel- a couple of jabs on the up arrow and voila! the road noise disappears
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote