Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st October 2009, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Default Punto Has To Happen To Me!

My first introduction to Grande Punto - GP, was at AutoExpo 2008, New Delhi - India. I was impressed but it didn't steal my heart at first sight. There were many other attractive cars were waiting for me to take a glimpse of them...so I moved on.

I spent almost 8 hrs exploring AutoExpo 08 and took flight back to Mumbai late evening. Next day while checking out all photographs clicked @ AutoExpo 08 ...this car again caught my attention. However I did it again...I moved on checking other cars, bikes and girls . And then finally while filtering final pictures to be uploaded on my PhotoBlog, this beauty strikes me again...and that moment I felt...this could be the next best looking premium hatchback car for Indian market and how I wish if I could ever drive it or own it someday.

But it was all in thoughts...I just moved on checking out all other American and European beauties.

Almost 17 months later…I started hearing again all about its launch in India and yeah I was pretty much excited about it. But nowhere in my plan, dreams or imagination had I ever thought that with in no time this Italian beauty will be parked in my garage. I was pretty happy with my Rock Solid Indian Stud…Indica V2 LSi . I had plans for my Indica of investing few grand’s and give it a makeover to make myself happy for another couple of years.
But God Tussi Great Ho… he had some different plans for me.

I had bought Indica while my stay in Hyderabad in 2003 and later due to my job requirement I shifted to Navi Mumbai. The migration was so quick that I had no time left to complete RTO work…I just drove down from Hyderabad to Navi Mumbai and got busy with Mumbaiya life. Time moved very fast, without any hassles in terms of driving different states Car in Maharashtra W/O NOC and road tax, until May 2009. The Cops were stricter and frequent checking made me infuriate especially when I had to shell out heavy amount to keep things under control (you know what I’m referring to…). I don’t blame Cops for that; they were doing their duty, considering all security measures to be taken by them.

Than sometime in July 09 while driving to my office and back home, I was continuously stopped by cops and fined heavily for almost 4 times in a week. And that was it. I decided to either get NOC from Hyderabad or sell off my Indica and get myself a new vehicle.

I started looking out for information on how to get NOC job done and other related task to legally transfer vehicle to MH. After pulling out information from friends and online articles on how to get NOC, re-paying road-tax in MH and other formalities…and over all the time involved in it, sounded tedious job especially when you are aware that how Sarkari kaam are done. I even searched over the same information on internet and then things started falling in place and started getting all wise suggestions and tips as needed over online forums. And finally decided to sell my car and get myself a new one.

I started looking out for information over new cars in the market and started searching over net and almost all searches were ending up with kind of information I was looking for, at Grande Punto. I compared some new available models in market and confirmed over pre-decided car - GP MJD 1.3 Emotion in Exotica Red.

I need not to give a review on GP, worlds knows about it and so will people in India as only they drive it once. It’s an amazing car with decent performance, great mileage, perfect road grip and awesome driving comfort. It’s a head turner for sure and it feels great to have one.

Check out my complete gallery of GP MJD 1.3 Emotion here.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st October 2009 at 17:54. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
sandev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 16:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Punto is looking hotter than ever before, with your amazing photography skills!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:31   #3
BHPian

Congrats Sandeep, finally you got time to pen down your thoughts on tbhp. Nice pics as usual, enjoy your ride.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 17:45   #4
BHPian

Hey nice snaps you got there. Here are some of mine :

Name:  P1040543.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  180.3 KB

Name:  P1040549.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  166.2 KB

Name:  P1040550.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  150.0 KB

Name:  P1040555.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  149.5 KB

Name:  P1040604.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  170.7 KB
more pics here

I loved clicking this car and its exactly the same as yours, only a petrol Emotion. Lovely car though. I'll post these on team-bhp as well sometime.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd October 2009 at 02:42. Reason: If linking to an external gallery, please include a good amount of pics on the forum itself as well. Thanks.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 20:48   #5
BHPian

Congrats Sandeep. Great looking car and tasteful snaps. You put the gist quite nicefully, a bit of everything and then some more is what Punto gives you.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 21:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sandeep for choosing this Italian hatch...!I am also a proud owner of Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion+ and I welcome you to Grande Punto Club.The car looks really awesome in red and Hats off to you for your amazing photography skills.I'll be eagerly waiting for more photographs from your side...Drive her safe
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 21:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Congratulations Sandeep for choosing this Italian hatch...!I am also a proud owner of Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion+ and I welcome you to Grande Punto Club.The car looks really awesome in red and Hats off to you for your amazing photography skills.I'll be eagerly waiting for more photographs from your side...Drive her safe
Klub Class, NutsNBolts, abhi1309, gr8guzzler and theragingbull...thanks a lot guys!

It feels good to be around so many Puntoiats..and car enthusiasts! Looking forward to share my driving pleasure and travelogue and ofcourse many many picture with all you.

Shortly, I'll be travelling in my Punto around these cities and will share my experience and whole set of pictures .

Mumbai > Ahemdabad > Ajmer > Jaipur > Delhi > Agra > Jaipur > Ajmer > Ahemdabad > Mumbai.

Shoot some tips and advices for long distance drive.

Thanks!
Old 1st October 2009, 21:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congrats for your Grande Punto, Nice pics.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:44   #9
BHPian

Congrats Sandev. Cool pics of the Punto!!! Let us know how much you enjoyed driving the punto after the Mumbai - Agra - Mumbai trip.
Klever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 17:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Hey nice snaps you got there. Here are some of mine :

Attachment 200868

Attachment 200869

Attachment 200870

Attachment 200871

Attachment 200872
more pics here

I loved clicking this car and its exactly the same as yours, only a petrol Emotion. Lovely car though. I'll post these on team-bhp as well sometime.
Hey Abhi..these pictures are great and good to meet you. Keep sharing in future as well.

Enjoy the Punto and drive safe.
Sandeep
Old 2nd October 2009, 18:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Hey Abhi..these pictures are great and good to meet you. Keep sharing in future as well.

Enjoy the Punto and drive safe.
Sandeep
Thanks sandev. I don't think any other car can look so good in only photos. This car stands out and it is only this. i20 though a good looking car has to be actually seen to be appreciated. It looks nothing exceptional in pics. Punto on the other hand is crazy. It's like it is made to be photographed.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:47   #12
BHPian

Congrats Sandev on your bold new drive. the photos are awesome.
vivekanand005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sandev.
Kindly post some pics here directly as the link for your pics is blocked in my office.
Cheers!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:30   #14
BHPian

Hi congratulations for your buy sandev. How is the Emotion treating you, I was also planning on emotion but seeing the Black knobs for music player am a but turned off. Does it have USB support or not? What is the major reason for not going for Emotion pack except money. Please suggest. Though I'll be buying a Petrol one.

Edit: The leather steering fit seems good. Did you got it fit from Fiat?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 2nd October 2009 at 20:31.
somebodystopme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:47   #15
BHPian

SSS, Following is what you lose out if you go for E and not E+
1. BnMe
2. Airbags
3. Steering Mounted Controls
4. Alloys
5. USB
6. Leather wrapped steering & Gear Knob
7. ACC ( You get manual HVAC)
8. 3 Point ELR Seat Belts.

Emotion comes with a MP3 CD player and doesn't have black knobs. Black knobs are for manual HVAC.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote