Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 18:43   #31
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Like the service advisor told, do take it to 3000RPM at times. It helps free up the engine.
That will happen by itself. Only thing is he needs to make sure to keep it below 2500rpm once in a while
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 20:56   #32
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
congrats rajeshvin

Fiesta is really doing well on tbhp, glad that Ford is back

Keep those revvs high !!
Thanks Untouchable, we all Fiesta owners will surely keep revvs high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
If there is one thing that I miss on my car, that would be ABS and Airbags. Ok, that makes it two.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will have miles of troublefree ownership. Like the service advisor told, do take it to 3000RPM at times. It helps free up the engine. Keep updating the thread.
Thanks Unni, will keep updating thread and will look for your advice whenever required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That will happen by itself. Only thing is he needs to make sure to keep it below 2500rpm once in a while
Oss thats good one , tomorrow morning I'm going for long drive and will follow your instruction, will try to keep once in a while below 2500rpm .
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 22:59   #33
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

@Ashish, today evening I tried to connect pen drive with aux in using connecting cable, but it is not working, if you want to use pen drive, use FM transmitter, as used by Yajaman, or use iPod which will connect directly.

Thanks
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 23:48   #34
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar I got the Ipod and USB connector at the car accessories shop in premises of Darshan Tyre on Nagar Road, it costs Rs. 100/- each.
Basically in last moment before delivery of car I opted for free 4th year warranty as it was costing Rs. 6700/- and drop the 3M sunfilm, which I got from 3M dealer @ Rs. 6200/-, when I went to exchange the tyres at Darshan tyre, I met the person Mr. Sujit, He is distributor for 3M and He has the basic accessories, If you want to purchase from him, you can tell my name and ask for same connecting cord or you can take iPod and car to check the compatibility.
Thanks Buddy!
I kept my ipod & pen drive ready to test with both cables. You mentioned in OSS thread that for some reason pen drive not working so thats why I loaded 2 - 3 songs in pen drive as well to test both with AUX-in

For some reason I still getting jerk in 1 gear.
In traffic when I try to lift car in 2nd gear then sometime it works very well but sometimes it turns off.
In 1st gear, it jerks even though you use it just to lift the car. Once its in 3rd then there is no issue but due to last 2 days rain its difficult to drive in B2B traffic.

Above all hats off to pot holes -

Last edited by kumar7 : 6th October 2009 at 23:49.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 13:23   #35
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Thanks Buddy!
I kept my ipod & pen drive ready to test with both cables. You mentioned in OSS thread that for some reason pen drive not working so thats why I loaded 2 - 3 songs in pen drive as well to test both with AUX-in

For some reason I still getting jerk in 1 gear.
In traffic when I try to lift car in 2nd gear then sometime it works very well but sometimes it turns off.
In 1st gear, it jerks even though you use it just to lift the car. Once its in 3rd then there is no issue but due to last 2 days rain its difficult to drive in B2B traffic.

Above all hats off to pot holes -
Kumar, as I mentioned to Ashish, Pen Drive does'nt work directly with aux-in, you have to get FM Transmitter (like Yajaman) to connect Pen Drive, In Pune, you will get it at around Rs. 200/-, if you want to connect iPod it will work directly using connecting cord.

About jerk in 1st gear, don't shift immediately to 2nd gear, get adjusted to release of clutch and acclerating the accelerator simultaneously, allow rpm to reach to 1250 and above, than change to 2nd gear in B2B traffic. As we were using petrol cars it takes time to adjust to diesel car.

Today morning I came to Nashik (210 kms) and beleive me I enjoyed every bit of driving, just turbo kicks around 2000 rpm and she is amazing, I felt I have driven car only for 15 mins (it took 3.5 hrs to reach Nashik, by Volvo it takes 5 hrs), she was composed on uneven roads, no fatigue.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 14:27   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Thanks Buddy!
I kept my ipod & pen drive ready to test with both cables. You mentioned in OSS thread that for some reason pen drive not working so thats why I loaded 2 - 3 songs in pen drive as well to test both with AUX-in

For some reason I still getting jerk in 1 gear.
In traffic when I try to lift car in 2nd gear then sometime it works very well but sometimes it turns off.
In 1st gear, it jerks even though you use it just to lift the car. Once its in 3rd then there is no issue but due to last 2 days rain its difficult to drive in B2B traffic.

Above all hats off to pot holes -
+
I never felt any difficult in gear shift in my car (petrol 1.6 zxi)- all changes (either 1st to 2nd or reverse) are very smooth
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 14:28   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar, as I mentioned to Ashish, Pen Drive does'nt work directly with aux-in, you have to get FM Transmitter (like Yajaman) to connect Pen Drive, In Pune, you will get it at around Rs. 200/-, if you want to connect iPod it will work directly using connecting cord.

About jerk in 1st gear, don't shift immediately to 2nd gear, get adjusted to release of clutch and acclerating the accelerator simultaneously, allow rpm to reach to 1250 and above, than change to 2nd gear in B2B traffic. As we were using petrol cars it takes time to adjust to diesel car.

Today morning I came to Nashik (210 kms) and beleive me I enjoyed every bit of driving, just turbo kicks around 2000 rpm and she is amazing, I felt I have driven car only for 15 mins (it took 3.5 hrs to reach Nashik, by Volvo it takes 5 hrs), she was composed on uneven roads, no fatigue.
+
wow! 210kms in 3.5hours means the roads must be in good condition (not much gear changes required?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 16:11   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 200
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
@Ashish, today evening I tried to connect pen drive with aux in using connecting cable, but it is not working, if you want to use pen drive, use FM transmitter, as used by Yajaman, or use iPod which will connect directly.

Thanks
Thanks Rajesh. i bought the FM transmitter from e-bay for Rs. 300. Got it today and tested it. The output is decent, but not as good as from the CD of Aux-in.

There is no way to scan for songs, u need to listen to songs that comes up. Lets see how long do i stick to it...

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 19:26   #39
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
wow! 210kms in 3.5hours means the roads must be in good condition (not much gear changes required?
Nairrk, out of 210 kms, 40 kms is four lane, remaining is two lane i.e single road, but most of the road is in good condition, less traffic and I drove the car without break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Thanks Rajesh. i bought the FM transmitter from e-bay for Rs. 300. Got it today and tested it. The output is decent, but not as good as from the CD of Aux-in.

There is no way to scan for songs, u need to listen to songs that comes up. Lets see how long do i stick to it...

Thanks
Ashish, iPod gives the better quality than CD and you can select songs and change as per your wish, as per your input, I think better to stick to CD or iPod, meantime enjoy the Pen Drive and in future upgrade to iPod or CD is the best bet.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 01:41   #40
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar, as I mentioned to Ashish, Pen Drive does'nt work directly with aux-in, you have to get FM Transmitter (like Yajaman) to connect Pen Drive, In Pune, you will get it at around Rs. 200/-, if you want to connect iPod it will work directly using connecting cord.

About jerk in 1st gear, don't shift immediately to 2nd gear, get adjusted to release of clutch and acclerating the accelerator simultaneously, allow rpm to reach to 1250 and above, than change to 2nd gear in B2B traffic. As we were using petrol cars it takes time to adjust to diesel car.

Today morning I came to Nashik (210 kms) and beleive me I enjoyed every bit of driving, just turbo kicks around 2000 rpm and she is amazing, I felt I have driven car only for 15 mins (it took 3.5 hrs to reach Nashik, by Volvo it takes 5 hrs), she was composed on uneven roads, no fatigue.
Yeah Rajesh, its all because we are used to petrol car and nothing else I think.
When you turn on the car (not first 1min when its idle) and drive for lets say 3-4min do you hear engine sound and then it goes off afterwards? Later it drives silently.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 08:27   #41
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Yeah Rajesh, its all because we are used to petrol car and nothing else I think.
When you turn on the car (not first 1min when its idle) and drive for lets say 3-4min do you hear engine sound and then it goes off afterwards? Later it drives silently.
Kumar, yes there is engine sound when we turn on car, after some kms it goes off, I think it is characteristic of diesel engine, once it gets warm up, it becomes more silent.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:10   #42
BHPian
 
kumar7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Ashish, iPod gives the better quality than CD and you can select songs and change as per your wish, as per your input, I think better to stick to CD or iPod, meantime enjoy the Pen Drive and in future upgrade to iPod or CD is the best bet.
Today I bought the cable for ipod and its working perfectly fine with stock system.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:54   #43
BHPian
 
gitartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
And what a Brake-on the spot. people sitting in the car has to be very careful
as chaces are there to hit the front dash board and the seat (those who are in the back seat). This 100% efficient braking ( may be because the technology is called
ABS with EBD)can make you sure that overtaking at any speed (with little careness) is not at all risky. But take care,always.
Thanks
@ Nairrk, I guess that it will not be an issue at all if you and your passengers - even in back seats (mind you) are wearing seat belts ( which as a member of TBHP, I am sure you rigorously enforce both on yourself as well as your co-passengers everytime you drive). ABS doesn't mean sheer stopping power. It just ensures that you possess steering control of the car even after jamming your brakes in slippery conditions so that you may avoid collisions.

@rajeshvin - any diesel engine , even second generation common rail ones, will have a certain "clatter"-ing noise and emit a little black smoke when cold started mainly because of incomplete combustion. However it does disapperar once the engine warms up. This is a characteristic of the sticky fuel that you are burning and certainly no fault of the engine.

I have just one question for you, Have you ever tried loading the car?

Even I was quite gung-ho about purchasing the 1.6 duratec at one point of time, however I found one characteristic of this machine quite unsettling. On one of my many rides in a fiesta taxi, which you get dime-a-dozen at any of our major airports, just two suitcases in the trunk and 2 passengers at the back made the car's rear suspension bottom out over the nearest speedbreaker. Obviously the car is a treat to drive alone, but I would think twice about inviting too many friends at a time for a spin in it.
Agreed that it is not supposed to be a SUV, but apart from certain regular damage to the underbody, the loud thump from the rear on a 7 lac car will give me a minor seizure .

Another issue (again related with inviting too many friends) about the fiesta is that inside it is way too narrow and cramped as compared to its external dimensions.This is certainly no SPACE design. I find even the IKON having more comfortable rear seats and legroom than its bigger & expensive cousin.
gitartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 08:37   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Another issue (again related with inviting too many friends) about the fiesta is that inside it is way too narrow and cramped as compared to its external dimensions.This is certainly no SPACE design. I find even the IKON having more comfortable rear seats and legroom than its bigger & expensive cousin.
I agree. Having owned an Ikon and now Fiesta D, I feel Ikon was roomy and spacious at the rear(not sure if its just the feeling or if it really is). Fiesta rear though comfortable, its bit cramped.
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 09:35   #45
BHPian
 
rajeshvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 199
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
I have just one question for you, Have you ever tried loading the car?

Even I was quite gung-ho about purchasing the 1.6 duratec at one point of time, however I found one characteristic of this machine quite unsettling. On one of my many rides in a fiesta taxi, which you get dime-a-dozen at any of our major airports, just two suitcases in the trunk and 2 passengers at the back made the car's rear suspension bottom out over the nearest speedbreaker. Obviously the car is a treat to drive alone, but I would think twice about inviting too many friends at a time for a spin in it.
Agreed that it is not supposed to be a SUV, but apart from certain regular damage to the underbody, the loud thump from the rear on a 7 lac car will give me a minor seizure .
Gitartha, thanks for inputs, yet I have not tried to fully load Fiesta, I have invited 3 friends, we four of us went for lunch but without any luggage, I have not faced scrapping problem that time, if this is the case when she is fully loaded I have to be cautious.

Basically 90%, I'm alone or with driver, but you know generally we go for long trips with family, I never faced problem in my Santro, I have upgraded tyres in Fiesta, if this helps to certain extent lets see.
rajeshvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEED Inputs to FINALISE: Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi or Diesel 1.4 TDCi SXi. Specific query sachinchavan Sedans 17 26th September 2012 00:00
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi premium - help needed ashishgandhi_00 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 81 19th December 2009 13:05
Ford Fiesta SXI Premium - My First Car stronghold Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 133 12th December 2009 14:59
Got My Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI 'Duratorq' Sxi Premium SriSri Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th October 2009 16:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks