Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2009, 16:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

The Odo will have some kms on it. The reason being, the car is driven inside the factory test track and around the rough patch roads. It is a part of QC that Fiat does.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 17:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Odo will have some kms on it. The reason being, the car is driven inside the factory test track and around the rough patch roads. It is a part of QC that Fiat does.
Mine was showing 19 kms during PDI.
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 17:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The reason I asked the question is that unlike deliveries to Baroda/Bangalore etc which are made by truck, the cars are driven down from Fiat plant in Ranjangaon for deliveries in Pune. And all the cars that I saw 100+ kms on the odo. My Linea had 180! Was wondering if Ferrari had better luck.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
@ferrari
As a matter of interest what was the odo reading. When I took delivery at BUB, none of the cars had less than 120

You are correct, the ODO of my car war 134. The reason is also as stated by you...here is the split:

1) In-factory ODO = 5-30 KM
2) Ranjongaon to BU Bhandari Wakad = 80-100 KM
3) BU Bhandari to Abhimanshree Showroom (1-2 trips) = 15-30 KM
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 09:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
You are correct, the ODO of my car war 134. The reason is also as stated by you...here is the split:

1) In-factory ODO = 5-30 KM
2) Ranjongaon to BU Bhandari Wakad = 80-100 KM
3) BU Bhandari to Abhimanshree Showroom (1-2 trips) = 15-30 KM
Same here. I had 106 on ODO when I had first look at my car. By the delivery time it was 131 - reason mentioned was going to RTO for passing / registration and then trip to Wakad centre.
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 09:27   #36
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari. Hope to see you sometime at BUB. I'm seeing an increasing number of Lineas in Pune these days (or may be I'm taking notice of Lineas only). Also met a guy in BUB service centre other day who is TBHP follower like all of us.

And special thanks to you - due to one of your PM, I pressurised Fiat and BUB to get additional 6k Corp Disc to me

Enjoy the ride!
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 10:45   #37
Untouchables09

Congrats Ferrari. Good to see your decision making process & the role Linea owners on tbhp played. Just curious - on tbhp Linea is always pitted against the mighty ANHC & often discarded by comments like Poor plastic quality, Underpower etc etc. Didn't that influence you?

While reading thro' your buying decision, I noted 1 thing. You mentioned that the 1st time you TD'ed Linea, you felt let down by power. All subsequent TD's you found power to be adequate & your comfort increasing. This made me go thro' other Linea owners reviews/ threads. Many of them mentioned that the Clutch throw & its combination with short 1st & 2nd gears causes this feeling when you drive Linea for the 1st time. However, once they got used to the clutch-gear engagement in Linea, none complained about power, in fact, some are craving about it.

Is this the case? Is the clutch-gear engagements (which needs a bit to get used to it) the reason some guys who TD it for the 1st time feel let down by power?
Old 7th October 2009, 11:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
Just curious - on tbhp Linea is always pitted against the mighty ANHC & often discarded by comments like Poor plastic quality, Underpower etc etc. Didn't that influence you?

Is this the case? Is the clutch-gear engagements (which needs a bit to get used to it) the reason some guys who TD it for the 1st time feel let down by power?
TeamBHP has had a big influce on my decision, but let me also say that it was one of the most informed decision that I have taken on any kind of automobiles ever in my life yet. I am well aware of all the niggles in Linea as well as the TASS issues (having owned a Indica for 7 years). Yet a package as complete as this cannot be ignored.

On the second point, my Linea is a very powerful car, period! There is no dearth of pulling power at any rpm. It is a jet from 3rd gear onwards. The smoothness of the engine and the noise less operations have to be experienced.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:19   #39
BANNED

Congrats Ferrari1976. Welcome to the GANG !

Glad to know that the GANG is of some help to you.
Do visit "Fiat Linea- Did You know?" series thread as well
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 14:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
On the second point, my Linea is a very powerful car, period! There is no dearth of pulling power at any rpm. It is a jet from 3rd gear onwards. The smoothness of the engine and the noise less operations have to be experienced.
+1 to that. Wait till you cross 1000 Kms and it gets even better.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 17:03   #41
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
200 % agreed. I have a Linea MJD E+, done 3500 kms and the car is NOT at all underpowered. The short ratios for 1st and 2nd gears combined with the long throw clutch gives the feeling that it is taking time to accelerate. But once you get the hang of it, it really takes off.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 19:37   #42
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari1976 !!! Fiat should thank Team-BHP for its revival
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 13:59   #43
BHPian

Default First Impressions

So, finally the the D-Day arrived,got ready by 11.00 AM, reached BU Bhandari at 12.00 PM.

and there she was, standing in all her glory, more beautiful than what I had ever imagined. Had already made up my mind to get the grill painted black and the dealer did a wonderful job. Costed Rs 2000.
Life in a Linea-dscn0080.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0007.jpg

Life in a Linea-dsc_0039.jpg Life in a Linea-dsc_0040.jpg

BU Bhandari gave a very beautiful silver Ganesh idol
Life in a Linea-dsc_0013.jpg

The plastic quality seems to have improved a lot, the car now looks very up-market as compared to the test-drive mules.

Life in a Linea-dsc_0015.jpg

The drive was also much better, the car seems to be very agile and very eager to rev. The brakes are as assuring but the foot well is cramped.

It takes some time to find the right driving position, I was able to get it right on the 4th day!!!

The earlier niggle on seat high adjustment is solved for sure.

The entire deliver process took less than 1.5 hours. Went off straight to Shell bunker in Hinjewadi and did a tank-full. Shell adds a few BHPs to the car and makes it very silent.
Life in a Linea-dsc_0009.jpg
Coming next...getting the accessories right!
Old 11th October 2009, 15:45   #44
BHPian

Ferrari1976,

Congrats on your Linea- that too in a beautiful and latest car now. Looks very "seksy".
I would request you too post some more interiors shots of the plastics, wanna observe them closely.
Accessories straight away- what all have you planned.

Am hooked to your thread now.
Raj2402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 19:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats! Looks lovely there. Although I'd prefer the chrome grill over black. Just my 2 cents.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote