Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2009, 23:43   #16
BHPian

Congratulations on your Purchase, Drive safe and happy motoring!
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Congrats on the buy,love the color.what are the major changes apart from interior chrome finishing etc.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 14:31   #18
BHPian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy,love the color.what are the major changes apart from interior chrome finishing etc.
Beige colour is now darker and looks like natural with enhanced quality. Two Tweeters added,4 Alloys, Silver on Doors(only in V),Mud Flaps,Chrome tip finish on Silencer end.

Part 2 of 2 will come in evening- it will be very very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Oops, congrats. By the way, is that a Siropa on the dash?
Yes, for sure.
oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 19:54   #19
BHPian

Arrow Part 2 of 2

Finally on 1st Oct, we headed towards Prestige Honda around 4pm and on the way, we had to give Astra for Paint Job, so reached there around 5. There were 5 more City, 3 Jazz and 1 Civic standing near ours. Some of them were having Goodyear GT3 Tyres, some were having MRF ZVTV Tyres and only 3 (including ours) were having Michelin Tyres- this made me feel very Lucky. Ours was having final touches of cleaning. In the mean time, we completed all the formalities (paper work).

I donít know about any other Honda Dealers, but Prestige Honda performs Delivery Ceremony to make each of its customer special. We felt very delighted with the same. Then, due our religious beliefs, our car was surely to head towards Gurudwara first and then anywhere else. At last, around 9, we reached back home Happy and Safe.

Review-

To begin with the same, lets start with Front.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-front-grille.jpg
City has got very neat and clean looks and that extra Chrome Grille installed, in place of normal grille, makes it look more Premium. The front bumper has got design inspired from that of 3 Series and with Fog lamps fitted at the sides on the curves with garnish looks awesome. The FCX inspired headlamps gets curved on ends with parking lights coming a bit out feels nice.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-alloy.jpg
Coming to the sides, there are 15inch, Ferrari California inspired, 5 spoke alloys with dull finish- compliments the dark shade of the car.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-side-doors.jpg
Then we have big Front Doors with big body coloured ORVMs (big size is very useful) and full Chrome Handles. Rear Doors are a bit small but there is no problem in getting in and out of the car. Seat height (all seats) is very suitable for all ages. And that curve at the end of rear doors (near end of glass) is too good. Going to the end, arrow shaped rear light is very different and the curve of the boot lid makes it look more of civic. Standing at the rear, we can notice a curve line starting from end of headlight (parking light) and ending at arrow end of rear light seems good (though many cars have it like Q7). Similarly, curve from sides of front bumper (starting along fog lamps) carries along rear bumper.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-back.jpg
At the back, as we all know, rear lights are inspired from 3 series- a nice touch. Boot lid got curves like that of civic and makes it look like rear spoiler. Bend at the lower end of the bumper makes it feel lifted up- looks like under spoiler added. Rear parcel tray, on which cushions are kept, is made of good quality plastic (same as that of interiors). To other side, petrol tank is located which opens when we press (of course when the car is unlocked). There is a big boot space with full size spare steel wheel. And how can we forget Chrome garnish on Silencer end.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-rear-door.jpg
Now when we open the rear door, seats are really comfortable and can easily accommodate 3. Rear seats have good quality Fabric on sides and Velvet type fabric at center (around Center arm rest).
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-rear-seats.jpg
Side pockets on rear doors are missing but then we have 2 cup holders on center arm rest and one at the back of front arm rest and storage pockets on back of both front seats.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-rear-flat-bed.jpg
There is almost the Flat bed at the rear, with hump of just 10mm, making more comfortable for passenger sitting in center.
Name:  Front Door.JPG
Views: 553
Size:  228.2 KB
Coming to Front doors, it has got one speaker (each of the four doors has a speaker) and one Tweeter- sound quality is good (I give them 7.5 out of 10). Doors are a bit heavy (makes it feel like big cars). As we can see, there is a lot of silver on doors (missing in S Variant).
Name:  Front door velvet.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  35.7 KB
The difference in colour of beige behind Power window switches is because of Velvet Fabric- a bad touch as this would get dirty very soon.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-instrument-cluster.jpg
Steering wheel- we all know it is taken from Civic and comes with audio controls. Black Instrument Cluster has nice lines and circles (in black only) like polished wood- very nice element. Temperature gauge is missing, instead there are indicators for Hot and Cold Temperature of engine. Those dark reddish-orange lighting in dials looks good. Even EPS indicator is present, which I donít think many cars have.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-front-seats.jpg
Front seats are also very comfortable and driverís seat has manual height adjust- I like riding high.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-dashboard.jpg
When we sit in front,there is a very big Dashboard (design same as that of Civic) with 2 Airbags. Interiors are really very spacious and airy, making us feel like sitting in a big car- all thanks to small inclination angles of both front and rear windscreen. Glove box is small though. Gear lever is small (just like the one in Swift) and gearshift is very smooth. Chrome on tip of Handbrake lever adds class.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-svc-mode.jpg
Center console feels up market and comes with USB connectivity. Audio system has SVC control which controls sound of music with speed of the car.
My New Dark Horse - City 09 (with Unique Styling)-key.jpg
At last, a nice key with Honda Logo key ring(supplied by Prestige Honda).

For Ride, Handling and Bad bits, youíll need to wait another 3-4 days.

Last edited by oops : 5th October 2009 at 20:03.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:49   #20
BHPian

Default Congratulations!

Wow, that was very a detailed pictoral report of your car.

Congrats on the purchase!
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 20:59   #21
BHPian

Hey congrats, it looks awesome. Polished metal metallic looks really great on City, not so good on Civic.
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 21:44   #22
BHPian

Great report with pictures that speak! One question though: were you offered any money back for giving up the old grill. I think I know the answer (after all, it is the straight H), but still thought would ask.

Enjoy your awesome car - it is a fantastic choice, of course!
pmbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 22:34   #23
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
were you offered any money back for giving up the old grill.
In initial stage it was a Big NO. After that I called Honda one2one and requested them(after all it was a corporate buy). Then I received a call from Prestige Honda that they will take the old one back for 2K(new one is for 2.5K). SO, Chrome Grille net costed me 12.5K
Old 5th October 2009, 22:58   #24
BHPian

Congrats Oops!!! The car looks super cool and the pics are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them.
Klever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 09:58   #25
BHPian

Congrats oops on being a proud owner of City. Enjoy the silkyness of Honda engine it will get better as it starts munching miles.

-PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:52   #26
BHPian

Smile

Forgot to mention this in Part 2 of 2:

An additional remote control for music system is supplied along with for rear seat passengers (nice addition for Chauffer Driven ones) and Two extra Halogen Bulbs (supplied with most of cars now).

12V output (for chargers and all) is also available below AC system.

And that Tilt Steering (manual) is also available.