Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2009, 07:39   #31
BHPian

While buying a car at Premium, the basic expectations of a customer is a good vehicle and a good backup from the company, both of which have failed in Mr.Guptha's case.

I have also seen quite a number of skoda octavia's being towed on the highway. Also know of a case where the clutch of an octavia gave up (Total of 5000kms on the meter) and had to be towed.

So much for quality
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 07:53   #32
BHPian

It seems SKODA has given Karthick all authority and liberty to treat customers like idiots.

Initially during the discussion on my Diesel case, I asked him to arrange a telephonic call with Thomas, he replied I am not his assistant.

Later when I tried meeting him at the dealer, he even refused to meet or talk to me, stating that this car owner talks a lot...

SKODA must have surely seen some great skills in this guy while hiring him for AFTER SALES SERVICE, a legacy in s e r v i c e ....
Prakash Gupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 07:57   #33
BHPian

Pugram, and the worst part is they plainly say that all this is because of OPERATIONAL NATURE...

I know of a Clutch failure of an Octavia in 3500 kms, and they charged all the money to the customer...
Old 6th October 2009, 08:49   #34
BHPian

It's a pity that after all this Skoda has not publicly issued recalls, has never publicly stated reasons for stopping Fabia 1.4 Petrol, and still gets away with it.

It also speaks a lot of the gap in regulation of car makers in India. SIAM and ARAI please wake up!

Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd is also making losses and under terrible stress of debt (source FY 2008 MCA filings). An Indian credit rating agency would rate it junk, especially if it takes into account what Skoda Czech has stated to a BHPian - that it has nothing to do with Indian operations.

It will thus be under pressure to fall short of generally accepted quality norms, especially warranty as the warranty fine print leaves a lot to the discretion of the car maker.

In short, buyer beware.

Last edited by diffsoft : 6th October 2009 at 08:51.
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 08:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

but then I wonder - What is the chairman tracking so much that these minions have to be so worried about ? The company image or customer satisfaction?
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 09:56   #36
BHPian

Just stay away from this brand, that's the only thing which needs to be done and can be done.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 11:14   #37

The brake pads where tested by the mechanics at the workshop when i went with the complaint as it was thier intial assesment and by the evening of the same day i was informed on the phone that there is no issue with the pads and that further investigation is on.After around 24 hrs of this finding they came up with the air in ABS story.My car has just done over 8000 kms and this problem of the steering wheel,brake pedel kicking back at you(was not mentioned earlier) noice from the A/C Vent(as of now solved,guess wont come back haunting) Knocking on the left front suspension (Managed to solve it more or less,guess wont come back) was there when i got the vechicle new.

When i confronted them with these issues the service centar manager told me that these are design issues and are there in all Fabia Vechicles and that thier internaional counter parts are trying to sove these design issues.I was promised solutions for all these asap.

I am frustated today as I should have heeded to the advice of many as they told me to wait for a while before i goahead and buy Fabia as its a new model and also that the Skoda after sales sevice is pathetic.

I am not really suprised at the mail forwarded by Mr.Prakash,which by mistake was sent to him from thier headquaters.

No one should deal with such companys.Look at the attitude.A culture of protectionisam,you watch my back and i will watch yours,what happens to the fools who trust these companys and put our hard earned money in buying thier products.

These guys need to be exposed.
CAN TEAM BHP do something,is some one listening.

Padmakumar B S
Flat-802,Block-A1,Kalpataru Enclave,D.P Road,Aundh,Pune,Maharashtra,Pin-411007
Cell # 91 9916040113

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
How many kms have your fabia done..steering shaking while braking could be because of hardened brake pads, which normally happens when the car is left standing for months (in open usually, not in garage or any sheltered place). Try to get a new pair of brake pads, and see if the problem is solved. It can be that the shaking goes off completely or gets reduced. If it gets reduced, get the discs faced and it should go completely.

Thats the only thing I can think of in a new car. Rest about the air getting into the system (ABS), how can this be possible? the idiots may talking about the ventilated discs if at all fabia has it (I dont know), the ventilated discks keep the discs itself cool, preventing them from getting stained, as they become very hot due to braking.
pady66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 15:47   #38

Dear Mr.Prakash,

I am not at all suprised reading the mail you got from Ms.Pavlina.This is expected of such a company as Skoda Motors.
My trouble started with the booking of Skoda,where i was told that i was the 7th person to book from the particular showroom(Which do not exist in Pune now) and was made to wait for a long time as the dealer was busy selling the new cars on higher margin.I went to the VW office at Pune for help.
Then i got a faulty petrol Fabia which had hell a lot of problems and finally after 6 months of follow up, a review of the petrol car in Auto car forced them replace me the petrol with a diesel Car and after that things got from bad to worse.

I am now worried about the saftey of me and my family as the brakeing systems of the diesel are not at all realiable and it has so many other problems.

The service fellows have no clue of what is wrong and they keep blaming Skoda International.

I think TEAM BHP should take this up, audit all the complains we have highlighted and if found true should take it up whomever concerned and get us justice.

God Bless all Skoda car owners and as far as Ms.Pavlina is concerned may her intellect rest in peace.
Thumhara kya hoga,Mr.Karthik
In a company like Skoda its no big deal so dont worry buddy.
pady66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 22:27   #39
BHPian

What we all say about this company is on deaf ears.

First they sell a 3rd rated product

Then they make you run around for service with one of the worst after sales service network, where you are not sure even about original parts.

I am sure if all 100% cars are called for a check up we will be able to determine the dent to the Simple Indian Customer, who has really not been demanding.

If you then face a problem and contact these so called officers of the company they make a foot ball out of you.

Whenever there is technical problem they will tell you they are talking to the parent plant and they take months together to state that you do not know to drive your car.

When you contact their parent plant they say Indian operations is independent...

WHOSE BABY IS IT THEN...

Moral of story, it is we SIMPLE Indian's who are made to change the diapers...
Old 6th October 2009, 23:37   #40
BHPian

Back in 2008 , I had booked black fabia elegance from Mahavir through company lease plan with discounts , free insurance etc . I was a given a date for delivery, after one week from the booking date, I guess. Day before the D-day I called up the sales guy and told him that I will be coming tomorrow to take the car. He said , he will call me back in 10 minutes and confirm. So I got the call and he said Elegance in black is not available now , you will have to choose another color...right now we have a white elegance etc. I was like , shocked , stunned, it was suppose to be my and my family's first car. Evrything was planned like took driving class , then license and had asked my friend to come down to Hyderbad etc

I paused and then asked him to send me an email and confirm that they dont have the car which they had promised to deliver on the x date. He sent me that email which I forwarded to the guys who were working on my lease plan and told them to cancel this car and lease immedietely . Next day I that sales guy called me again , I said go to hell and disconnected.

No matter what..will never pick and suggest any skoda car..unless they do the complete justice to the existing customers , then shut entire business , workout the new plan and then open the shutter to do the better business.
hondafanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 23:53   #41
BHPian

Yes, but what with A S S.

I had sent my Fabia for service to Asset Auto in Pune and it was a story repeated which they had done to me a few years back with my Octavia

Service ENCOUNTER date 28th May 2009 with M/s Asset Auto, Pune.

The drama that went thru:
  • The advisor refuses to take up the car under a free service as same was sold by Acumen Motors.
  • Upon discussion on the phone he said we will service but you will have to pay the charges.
  • When I pushed them, they asked me take their Invoice to Acumen for a refund and called Mr. Bodas of Acumen
  • When asked to put it on paper, they called some personal at Skoda
  • Upon understanding that the car belongs to me, M/s Asset Auto is instructed to take up my car for servicing.
  • They are unable to resolve any of the concerns.
  • My driver also informed them that both Rear Shockers have leaked and were not available even at Acumen during previous Inspection.
  • The Incharge @ Asset informs that the parts are expected and they would call for the vehicle in a few days.
  • It has been more than FOUR months & the same is still on the way…
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Just stay away from this brand, that's the only thing which needs to be done and can be done.

Staying away...

Keep these guys away from us...

Last edited by Zappo : 7th October 2009 at 00:03. Reason: Please use the Edit button to add, and multiquote to respond to multiple posts. Avoid back to back posts.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Evrything was planned like took driving class , then license and had asked my friend to come down to Hyderbad etc

No matter what..will never pick and suggest any skoda car..unless they do the complete justice to the existing customers , then shut entire business , workout the new plan and then open the shutter to do the better business.
Same here Hondafanboy I wowed too, not buying a Skoda for the rest of my life, after passing through another harrowing experience of forgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Gupta View Post
Staying away...

Keep these guys away from us...
We have to work to get these guys to become straight or shut shop.

I happened to meet Harish who mentioned some more stories that are worse and unfortunately can't share it since its veracity is not known. Suffice it to say again and again - buyer beware!

Further it intrigues me what kind of legal arrangement they have with their dealers. Is it different from what they "make-out" to customers? Are the dealers just intermediaries (like whole salers) who buy cars for re-sale? In which case the dealers will care a damn. They just buy for re-sale with a commission in between.

Or does it go beyond that? ALA franchisee

Does Skoda's arrangement ensure valid and reasonable standards for sales and service from its dealers? Or is it left to the dealer to decide how he wants to run it?

My guess is it is more like dealers are more like re-sellers

I wish our regulators (if there are any) do their job! Till then unethical car makers and their intermediaries will do what they want to snare unsuspecting and trusting customers.

My best wishes with fighters like you / Harish and others! May God give the justice you deserve.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 08:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Same here Hondafanboy I wowed too, not buying a Skoda for the rest of my life, after passing through another harrowing experience of forgery.

We have to work to get these guys to become straight or shut shop.

I happened to meet Harish who mentioned some more stories that are worse and unfortunately can't share it since its veracity is not known. Suffice it to say again and again - buyer beware!

Further it intrigues me what kind of legal arrangement they have with their dealers. Is it different from what they "make-out" to customers? Are the dealers just intermediaries (like whole salers) who buy cars for re-sale? In which case the dealers will care a damn. They just buy for re-sale with a commission in between.

Or does it go beyond that? ALA franchisee

Does Skoda's arrangement ensure valid and reasonable standards for sales and service from its dealers? Or is it left to the dealer to decide how he wants to run it?

My guess is it is more like dealers are more like re-sellers

I wish our regulators (if there are any) do their job! Till then unethical car makers and their intermediaries will do what they want to snare unsuspecting and trusting customers.

My best wishes with fighters like you / Harish and others! May God give the justice you deserve.

Cheers,

What you say Diffsoft is absolutely correct, their dealers are only resellers and looks like without any reigns in the hands of the company.

It all depends on the relations between the dealer and respective officer how to run the show and make money.

"MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES" what have we gotta do with the company and the customers...

I have come across almost 15 more fabia owners with the same problem of braking & AC blower, whom I have asked to get onto Team BHP.

THE BEST PART IS I HAVE CONVINCED MORE THAN 20 PROSPECTIVE BUYERS NOT TO BUY A SKODA AND HAVE EITHER GOT FIAT PUNTO/LINEA OR A TOYOTA ALTIS.

I also want to get to the German Press, can somebody send me details if any.

While on the case of Harish's car of duplicate parts there have been similar case even in Pune, where they have even replaced the old cars with new. Some owners didn't have the time and either got the parts replaced at their cost or just sold of the cars.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

More complaints about Skoda cars,.
(Leaking water inside, into brakes, air going into ABS etc etc... Is this machine called
advanced compact car ,for which customers like you all paying good amount of money?)
Earlier it was Mr Hareesh with one Ms.Meghna and now you and ms.pavlina-all are talking similar nature/similar language -protecting the company?
What are status of the Customers?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 16:38   #45
BHPian

All this sounds so scary, the Indian consumers are at the seller's will.
And to an extent our consumer laws filled with many loop holes is backing the whole aspect.
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote