Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th October 2009, 20:03   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

my advice to you is not to become a bull, still better do not get into a bull fight.

The best approach is of dialog with the company which sold you the car. it could be the dealer of the parent company. This has the best chances of success in the short term, else law suit is a potentially long drawn battle.
You have hit the nail on the head StarVegabond.
This is very likely Skoda is less keen on such cases.
Again luck is a factor.
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 22:49   #77
BHPian

With my past experience on the Fabia Petrol, the dealer was absolutely neutral. I was talking to all the officials in Skoda. The seniors or even the foreign directors never came forward for any discussion. Hoping I would get tired and the case would would die with time. What actually pushed them for taking back my car and then all of them was the report in Overdrive May 2008, done on my car.

Also on the ABS braking issue in the diesel only the junior guys who I believe have very less or no automobile background / experience had communicated with me. I have sent lot many mails to the higher ups. Request you to check my first posting with all emails where in you will understand the way the Customer sales head in Czech has handled this case.

Also the gentleman Mr. Kuehl, who is heading in India has never replied to even a single mail of mine.

What would you call this, arrogance, taking the customer for granted, or just let one of the worst accidents happen and then make a statement that the whole episode is due to an operational problem of the driver.

In fact I have been very patient, despite the fact that I have paid high premium for a Hatchback, and am running around the employees of a company who have nothing to loose no matter what the outcome.
Prakash Gupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 00:03   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Gupta View Post

In fact I have been very patient, despite the fact that I have paid high premium for a Hatchback, and am running around the employees of a company who have nothing to loose no matter what the outcome.
Put up a advt in Sakal and other papers , Let Skoda officials realize weather its faulty car or dealer replaceing original spares with fakes they cannot wash away from their responsibility.
They should be ashemed of metting treatment to you, for you are a repeat customer to them after your Octavia being your 1st car.

A beutiful product being slowly killed by some irresponsible decisions of guys like Karthik and company.

Any reponse from Pavilina or that guy Karthik?
YVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 21:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
Put up a advt in Sakal and other papers , Let Skoda officials realize weather its faulty car or dealer replaceing original spares with fakes they cannot wash away from their responsibility.
They should be ashemed of metting treatment to you, for you are a repeat customer to them after your Octavia being your 1st car.

A beutiful product being slowly killed by some irresponsible decisions of guys like Karthik and company.

Any reponse from Pavilina or that guy Karthik?
No response from these bunch of intellectual people.

They have already killed the product and now what they sell is only meat.
Old 15th October 2009, 23:33   #80
BHPian

Ramesh Karthik, as what I understand has been hired is only due to his good conversational/writing skills, that is the reason he thinks he is smart and the company is using him as a shield.

He behaves as though he is on the front desk of a 7 star hotel, from the silicon city.

This smart guy tells me that "the problem is of operational nature" and for his info the character Yogesh Vaidya who came to inspect my car cannot even shift gears, forget about he understanding the problems.
Old 16th October 2009, 01:32   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES View Post
You have hit the nail on the head StarVegabond.
This is very likely Skoda is less keen on such cases.
Again luck is a factor.
With due respect, i beg to disagree. Court cases need not be a long drawn battle always. With the right lawyers you conclude your case 'relatively' fast or even better come to out of court settlement. Trust me, i come from a family with good legal background (not me though) and i know this stuff works. You just need to have the right lawfirm/lawyers.
srikanths1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 08:48   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
With due respect, i beg to disagree. Court cases need not be a long drawn battle always. With the right lawyers you conclude your case 'relatively' fast or even better come to out of court settlement. Trust me, i come from a family with good legal background (not me though) and i know this stuff works. You just need to have the right lawfirm/lawyers.
Very true!

Many a times we also tend to assume that the system will be too slow and will never work for us and give up. But it is those who fight till the very end that tread a new path for the rest of us. I see Harish - who is fighting Skoda and taking the bull by the horns as one of them.

I think Team BHP itself is one such example.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 18:03   #83
BHPian

Friends, just came across an email which I had received from Mr. Ramesh Karthik.

They have been trying to deny the noise from the ABS, but in this email he has actually accepted that there is a noise which he has tried to cover by stating that the same is normal and the same is on activation.

I think we have been driving other cars also with an ABS but without the so called Vibration & Activation Noise

Now how many of us would really appreciate the Story as below:

From: Ramesh, Karthik [mailto:Karthik.Ramesh@skoda-auto.co.in]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:57 PM
To: Prakash Gupta
Cc: Kuehl, Thomas; Sirish Chandran; acumenservice@acumenmotors.com sumesh@acumenmotors.com; Sudhir, Srinivas
Subject:[/b] RE: Fabia Diesel Brake / Safety issue

Dear Mr.Gupta,

Our technical team has cross checked with our counterparts in our head office with regards to the concerns which you have been facing.

01.The brakes are functioning properly & is a normal phenomenon of ABS brake system as explained below

When the brake pressure is high the vehicle wheels lock up, the ABS electronic control unit detects this situation and reduces the pressure on wheels which have locked and brakes them again when they begin to rotate. This avoids skidding of the vehicle and ensures that steering control can be maintained.

The brake pedal is prevented from going to the floor too quickly during the operation of the ABS by fitting of a brake fluid return pump.
The operation of the return pump causes the brake pedal to vibratewith force during the activation of the ABS.
The sound is heard because of ABS Hydraulic pump activation

02. Noise in blower motor

We have already introduced the new blower motor to overcome this concern, however if the concern is still persisting we can def have a look at the same again

03[b]. Noise of ECU bracket

The same need to be checked and we will ensure that the same is rectified to your satisfaction.

We request you to kindly take your car to any of the workshops of Skoda dealerships, so the same can be resolved at the earliest.

Thanks & regards,
Karthik Ramesh
Head - Customer Care & Training
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd. | A-1/1, Shendra, Five Star MIDC | Aurangabad - Mahrashtra | India
Tel: +91 240 663 1260 | Fax: +91 240 663 1299
karthik.ramesh@skoda-auto.co.in
www.skoda-auto.co.in
?koda Auto - Homepage

Last edited by Prakash Gupta : 20th October 2009 at 18:14.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:48   #84
BHPian

After continuous emails, the Czech guys have started communicating and they are having a meeting in India this week. Mr. Ondrej Tomsu, has informed that the case will be discussed during the meeting and a resolution will be proposed.

Also I have come across one more similar case on Carwale.com of Mr. Pradeep Chakravarty:

Skoda Auto?s sales grow by 7.1% CarWale.com Blog
Old 29th October 2009, 23:35   #85
BHPian

Hats off to you for having the courage ans perseverance to stand up and take the bull by the horn.

I myself am a Fabia 1.4 PD owner. I bought mine in March 2009 and clocked 26K already. I am lucky not to face any major issues yet.

I heard of some big changes in Skoda in Bangalore too. Hopefully the parent company will take action to improve their marred image.

Wish you all the best. Get justice and don't give up.
KishoreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 01:09   #86
BHPian

I certainly hope they don't make the same mistakes in the VW Polo they are launching in Jan. India needs the "lemon law" akin to the one in the US. Instead of complaining to Skoda - one needs to bombard the Transportation Ministry with phone calls since they probably don't use their e-mail ids anyways. It sickens me that the Indian consumer is so taken for granted. All said and done, companies are responsible to their shareholders - but the freaking government is responsible to us.
invidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 08:18   #87
BHPian

Great Prakash-ji:

All the best!

Customers who relentlessly seek their rights like yourself are a boon to other car owners. That's because you have set an example for the company to apply to similar others and for other car owners to point to your example.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:53   #88

Dear Mr.Prakash,

Hats off to you. People like you make the difference. Over a drink we all raise war cries but with sunrise its all forgotten. Kudos to your persevereance. Thanks buddy
pady66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 14:15   #89
BHPian

Default Lucky

Went through the thread in detail, kudos to your perseverance, I do not think many would have the perseverance to take the battle thus far.

I own a diesel Fabia Ambiente which has done over 46,000 kms, God's grace I have not faced any issues thus far and the car has been performing quite upto my expectations, I also have the vibration while braking in sand, gravel etc and the explanation that was given is very similar to one you got...truly hope thats the real reason...

The service here is Trivandrum is not all that pathetic but the timeliness is very questionable...
shykrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 19:50   #90
BHPian

Hi friends, its been long and was trying to negotiate a deal with Skoda.

Al that I got at the end is: An offer of 10% on todays fetchable resale value.

Now even the tail light is full of water and the pillar stickers have already started getting WRINKLES.

A GENTLEMAN Mr. DESHPANDE CALLED ME ON THE 29TH JAN 2010 AND HE WAS SO VERY MUCH IN PAIN WITH HIS FABIA, SAID "HE WANTS TO CONVERT IT INTO A PUBLIC URINAL..." HIS PROBLEMS STARTED FROM THE TIME HIS CAR DID NOT BRAKE EVEN AFTER PUMPING THE PEDAL AND HIT INTO A TRUCK. HE WAS JUST TOO LUCKY TO SURVIVE. (As told by him over the phone)

Friends I am calling upon all of you who have either faced problems in the past or facing presently, to plan a rally with the problems listed onto banners. We can take the rally around the town at all prominent places and make aware to even those who are not on TeamBHP.