Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th October 2009, 00:54   #16
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Any specific reasons for the color? Red looks the best on this one, IMHO white on the Punto makes it look like a scared cat from the front. No offense meant.
I think all colors look good on Punto. Personally I would have liked FTA but unfortunately thats available in Linea as of now. My next choice was Medium Grey but ultimately had to yield to my family members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Congrats on your white GP, the car looks hot. I have also booked a white GP E+. Please do post more pictures.
Congratulations. Same pinch.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th October 2009 at 09:27.
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 01:19   #17
BHPian

hey congratz dude!
your car looks hotttt maan!
Will follow your thread closely for your initial reviews and pics..
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 09:28   #18
BHPian

Congrats dude. You should re-christen yourself RockNRolla with the great white under you. When is the delivery due?
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 11:02   #19
BHPian

Welcome to the Punto Club !!

I have not changed the tyres. Goodyear GT3 I think is a very good tyre.

I have changed the front speakers to JBL.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 02:24   #20
BHPian

The car was delivered yesterday. Although I have driven it for a short distance from the dealership to the home, here are some quick observations.

1. Fiat-Tata dealer didn't even clean the car properly. Lot of dust inside the cabin. Stickers on the windshield. I made sure this gets reflected in the feedback form.
2. Also mentioned about the 200+ ODO reading on the feedback form and that I was certainly not happy.
3. With a different pair of shoes on, I realized that the footwell is cramped. Hit the footrest a couple of times. Had to adjust to press the clutch paddle completely. Not an issue though. matter of getting used to it. May be this is an opportunity to buy a new pair of shoes.
4. Blue & Me works fine for me. No issues whatsoever while copying the address book, dialing/receiving calls etc. Something I didn't like was the way names were displayed in the digital console e.g. JA-CG, MR-CK. What to make out of it? May be I need to explore the owner's guide in detail.
5. Stock speakers were just about OK. Will go for a replacement as soon as I get my annual bonus.
6. Ipod connected nicely. This one came as a surprise for me that you can not play a playlist from the Ipod. Rather you don't have control over the selection of songs except the previous and next button. Since Ipod is connected to the USB port, its display always shows charging thus rendering its click-wheel useless. Am I missing something here?
7. Got freebies as promised. Mats, mudflaps, Ganesh Idol, box of sweets.
8. The car had more than 7 ltrs of diesel. So haven't refilled it as yet. Thats an action item for tomorrow.
9. While driving back to home, the car stalled at a couple of places. Reason the clutch paddle got stuck when pressed completely. Not sure if its the floor mat thats a culprit. Need to investigate this tomorrow. A little tap on the paddle and it comes up nicely. Any clues what could be wrong?
10. While parking the car in the parking slot, I realized that the turning radius is going to be a pain in the wrong place unless I swap my parking slot.

Its not even a day and we have started feeling like a new family member has arrived.

Plan to visit some accessory shop tomorrow for sunfilm and PU seat covers.

Thats all for now.

As mentioned earlier, these are quick observations made during a short drive of 3 KMs back home.

Feels great being an official Punter.
Old 10th October 2009, 05:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Something I didn't like was the way names were displayed in the digital console e.g. JA-CG, MR-CK. What to make out of it? May be I need to explore the owner's guide in detail.
Feels great being an official Punter.
Thats the list of last names between JA-CG - I think you need to press call button on your steering wheel to get the list of names in this range.

And congrats!! Do post some pics of your new family member.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 11:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
4. Blue & Me works fine for me. No issues whatsoever while copying the address book, dialing/receiving calls etc. Something I didn't like was the way names were displayed in the digital console e.g. JA-CG, MR-CK. What to make out of it? May be I need to explore the owner's guide in detail.
9. While driving back to home, the car stalled at a couple of places. Reason the clutch paddle got stuck when pressed completely. Not sure if its the floor mat thats a culprit. Need to investigate this tomorrow. A little tap on the paddle and it comes up nicely. Any clues what could be wrong?
Owner's Guide(??) - Owner's Manual
Clutch Paddle(???) - Clutch Pedal.
Thats what happens when you write a post on Friday night (did I mean past midnight?)
Old 10th October 2009, 13:20   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Owner's Guide(??) - Owner's Manual
Clutch Paddle(???) - Clutch Pedal.
Thats what happens when you write a post on Friday night (did I mean past midnight?)
ha ha ha caught on your own attention, or is it punto effect, congratulations on your italian beauty, looks cool in white shade.More of interiors pics once you get your covers.Enjoy your ride.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 19:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bossanova white!! I didn't know this color is available in the Punto as Fiat discontinued it in Linea. Anyways congrats on the Punto. It's my favorite color!
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 21:32   #25
BHPian

It is the Vocal White that is discontinued temporarily. Bossa Nova White is the one available.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 01:37   #26
BHPian

Congratulations!! happy Puntoing
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 17:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Rock 'n' rollz for buying this Italian Beauty.By the way nice pictures,and I hope that you will upload loads of pictures .I welcome you to the Fiat Grande Punto Club..!

Happy Motoring..! Drive her safe
Klub Class is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 00:54   #28
BHPian

Hey Guys, I have been busy since I took the delivery of the car. But still managed to clock 3000 KMs. The car was serviced by Fortune. They did an excellent job.
Total Bill = 0 Rs.

Average fuel consumption so far.... tankful method
Daily Office commute - 80:20 (City:Highway) - 16.4 KMPL
Highway - 19.8 KMPL (The other time it was 19.6 KMPL) I'll try my best to cross 20 next time (Read Xmas holiday)
Fuel - HP Regular Diesel @ my regular pump
Tyre Pressure - 32
A/C - Fulltime (Except while in Lonavala)

No issues whatsoever with the car. Touch wood. Did 160 once on Mumbai-Pune expressway. Car feels rock solid.

Yet to go for the sunfilm & seat covers. I am not really impressed by the GT3s. Have had that feeling of being slightly out of control on Ghodbunder road curves. Any suggestions?

Guys frequenting What Car section... Don't wait ... just go and book a Punto right away. he he kidding... take your own informed decision.

Ciao till the next update.

I feel guilty as I don't spend the kind of time @ tbhp as I used to before buying my beauty. Believe me the car is that addictive. I just keep looking for reasons to hit the road.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 20th December 2009 at 01:10.
Old 20th December 2009, 09:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you're enjoying your car.

I'm also looking to change my tyres once this set wears out - probably to the Turanzas.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 09:40   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. That picture with the Tata indica in the background shows the difference between the white and the Bosa Nova White.
@ everyone
How often do you need to check your tyre pressure. What is the recommended tyre pressure for the punto.
Is there a difference in pressure between the front and back tyres?
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote