Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th December 2009, 11:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
I had got the Oil and Oil Filter changed at 1000km so next change is at 10k.
Is oil change at 1000 kms recommended by Ford?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 11:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Is oil change at 1000 kms recommended by Ford?
+
NO - Ford recommends oil change at 10000kms i.e during 2nd service.
However if we insist then they will change (income for them?)
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 11:39   #78
BHPian

Default 1000km Oil Change

Oil Change at 1000Km (or even straight out of the showroom) might help you get rid of early impurities/metal slivers etc. But when the oil was changed in my car, I failed to notice any impurities or metal pieces. And as nairrk says, the service center will be glad to do this as this gives some them some margin.

You might essentially be only paying for your 'feel good factor'.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 13:03   #79
BHPian

dude, awesome pictures!! what's the name of this homestay you guys stayed in? let me also know how much the paint job is costing you! might as well get the scratch on my 'plati' attended to as well if it isnt much!!

PS: you still owe me a drive on the 'ocean'!!
raamki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 13:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Govinda, which brand of engine oil did you put? Was it mineral or synthetic?
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:31   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
But when the oil was changed in my car, I failed to notice any impurities or metal pieces.
Could also be that metal shavings / other residue was too small to be caught by the naked eye? I think so.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:53   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Could also be that metal shavings / other residue was too small to be caught by the naked eye? I think so.
I would think so too! Larger filings if any would have been caught in the oil filter - isn't that what its supposed to do
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 09:48   #83
BHPian

Default Oil Change and Body Shop feedback

@Viper @GTO: Exactly. I did not expect to see any visible metallic residue.

But the point is, if the user/mechanic cannot see any abnormalities in the oil coming out, if the user cannot feel any difference in the drive post early oil change, then we are doing it only based on the 'Theory' that there must be some harmful early impurities, and removing them should ensure better engine life, better drive. P.S. I am all for the change.

@Raamki: Thankyou sir. You are welcome to drive any time we meet. The name of the Homestay is King's Cottage (9845963883), 800/- per head including Veg food, and unbelievable location. But the extremely hospitable owners say that the trip is best enjoyed by Non-vegetarians! I am going there again for sure, and would recommend the place.
Regarding the Paint job, its pretty economical in that the half bumper painting was done at 1500/- + taxes. Also the skill levels of the workers was excellent. Only issue being its location, 7km towards Bannerghatta, from Lathangi.

I spent a few hours there watching them. Was amazed at the complexity of the job. They first clean the scratched area, apply some putty (Dupont), apply a red paste (Dupont), shape it using a polisher (3M), apply an abrasive (3M) and then match the paint, spray it, Bake it, then take it out to abrade and polish it again. The result, Satisfaction.

Attaching some pics from my Mobile Cam. The 'before pics' look worse then the damage actually was, as the painter had abraded it already. Will attach the 'after' pics later.
Attached Images

Last edited by Govinda-Govinda : 11th December 2009 at 09:58.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:07   #84
BHPian

Hope you don't mind my bumping up this thread, Harish!

Got a very good reason to do so, however. In fact, two very good reasons...

Reason 1 - I am sure we passed each other yesterday evening at around 6.40 pm on Chikka Banasawadi Road (leading to Kasthuri Nagar) on the narrow bit. The electric blue caught my eye from afar and I was zapped to see it was an S. Been wondering whose S this was and looked for your thread. Saw your pics now (haven't gone through your thread in detail yet) and am pretty sure it was your car.

Reason 2 - Double whammy! Not even 5 minutes later, another blue Fiesta S crossed me! I couldn't believe my eyes - two in a row! This was on the Seva Nagar flyover on Banasawadi Road. I was left scratching my head at the coincidence. Were you guys together?

Lovely pics of your S, it's gorgeous in the pics and gorgeous on road, I can vouch for that! . Please update your experiences.

Regards
Damu
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 12:00   #85
BHPian

hey congrats on a perfect set of wheels and welcome to the ford family.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote