Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 16th October 2009, 12:43   #151
Senior - BHPian

1) Dead Clutch pedal missing (i think i didnt see it in the pics, would have loved one)

2) For 2000Rs (selling price in bangalore) they cld have provided the autocop type reversing sensors on the rear bumper. Would have been segment 1st.!!!

3) Seat belt height adjuster can be provided (not very expensive, but would have raised the bar for others).
Old 16th October 2009, 12:49   #152
BHPian

Talking Feeling greedy...

Tata Motors has effectively raised the bar for what we can expect from them. I just hope there are no initial niggles and long-term reliability is solid, esp in electricals now that manza has so much gadgetry. I agree with GTO that manza will fly off the dealer lots, but could't help getting greedy.

By next year, after the first years' sales spurt, how about a Sports Grand Tourer version of Manza?

+ 120 bhp 1.6L Quadrajet with twin VGT
+ Auto transmission with paddle shift. 1st-4th Gear ratios designed for performance and not only fuel economy
+ Climate control and Cruise control
+ 16" alloys with wider tyres
+ Black, quality interiors, maybe with some faux carbonfibre trim
+ External styling changes like an aero-kit+spolier/different head and tail-lamps
+ Better Steering feel and handling/suspension around corners
+ Dead pedal for your clutch foot

Maybe tata motors could also start a national rally championship to build some brand image.

Given the price of Aura+ at 6.75, I guess Tata Motors could do all this within an 8L price! Just thin about it!!

Last edited by guptad42 : 16th October 2009 at 12:51. Reason: added to the wishlist
Old 16th October 2009, 12:52   #153
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post

Hmmm looking at the car I feel like replacing my anniversary edition with a Manza having ABS and Quadrajet. Will TATAs give me good money for my Vista Anniversary edition which is 7 months old and run 18 K kms
Nope hold on a buy after a another 9 months. you will loose good money otherwise, the aniversay edition is striking enough.

Those who know? what is the cave like bit in the rear of the boot - what has caused it? to be shaped like it.
Old 16th October 2009, 12:54   #154
BHPian

great review in such a short time the car has hit the papers
Old 16th October 2009, 13:07   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
By next year, after the first years' sales spurt, how about a Sports Grand Tourer version of Manza?

+ 120 bhp 1.6L Quadrajet with twin VGT
+ Auto transmission with paddle shift. 1st-4th Gear ratios designed for performance and not only fuel economy
+ Climate control and Cruise control
+ 16" alloys with wider tyres
+ Black, quality interiors, maybe with some faux carbonfibre trim
+ External styling changes like an aero-kit+spolier/different head and tail-lamps
+ Better Steering feel and handling/suspension around corners
+ Dead pedal for your clutch foot
Relax man Relax! Do not expect too much too early. Just not Tata crossed the raised bar and now you are making up even more.

There are enough curosity about this car in the various forums. Sure it seems this car will stand league ahead of other Tata cars. Atleast Tata is able to generate excitement among buyers.

Tata we want more. Please listen to guptad42;

Last edited by anujmishra : 16th October 2009 at 13:09.
Old 16th October 2009, 13:45   #156
BHPian

I had just been to TATA motors to check out the car. Please forgive me as I didnt have a camera to take pictures. All I could do is, watch the car! yes you guys guessed it right. There wasnt a TD vehicle available. They didnt have the handout even as the sales girl says that this would be available only from the 22nd.

Initial Impressions: Car looks good and big from the front. Looks surely like a bigger version of Indica Vista.

I sat on the driver's seat to check how comfortable the seating was. Looks and Feels comfortable. The rear space is huge! bigger and better than cars like Swift dezire or even SX4.

Plastics: Quality of the plastics are "OK". For instance the door locks were not all that polished. I am sure this needs more refining.

The instrument cluster is looks fine. But has nothing great to write about. I am sure a test drive would change my perception.

Boot: The boot space is huge! believe me, you can stuff atleast 2 people in-there! (may be your in-laws).

There was also this GP & linea that were parked in the showroom. I was invariably distracted/attracted to them while I was listening to the features of Manza! please forgive me guys! I just cannot resist myself from the GP or the Linea! *Linea my love! GP -> here I come!*

TATA motors should have separate show room to showcase their cars! atleast 2 blocks away from the fiat showrooms!
Old 16th October 2009, 14:05   #157
Senior - BHPian

I am sure many might have noticed it. That side indicator lights located on the body just below the OVRM looks unique, safe and may be first of its kind. This location is more visible and safe from two-wheelers, especially in our City traffic conditions (bumper to bumper and OVRM to OVRM.).
Hats off to TATA Designers there...

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 16th October 2009 at 14:07.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:23   #158
BHPian

some more unique features:
1. Keyhole is lit when you open driver side door.
2. Vanity mirror has lamp inside it.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:30   #159
BHPian

Good observation RajaTaurus and Rajdoll. Why dont we list out the unique features, I am sure there must be some more. Consolidated list is as follows:

1. side indicator lights located on the body instead of OVRM.
2. Keyhole lits up when driver door is opened
3. Vanity mirror with concealed lamp.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:35   #160
Senior - BHPian

I didn't like the steering wheel & rear boot,looks heavy for a sedan.

I don't know why does TATA or Maruti want to make a sedan from a hatchback
They have competitively priced.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 16th October 2009 at 14:36.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

personally, I'd love a hot hatch vista with all the go faster stuff from the vista

15" wheels, 90 bhp motor, ABS/EBD, and maybe a few minor luxuries
Old 16th October 2009, 14:43   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I am sure many might have noticed it. That side indicator lights located on the body just below the OVRM looks unique, safe and may be first of its kind. This location is more visible and safe from two-wheelers, especially in our City traffic conditions (bumper to bumper and OVRM to OVRM.).
Hats off to TATA Designers there...
I would rather have it in a place more common (as in the usual place) and avoid body damage than to have it a place where you would have to look for in the first place. Not that the bikers are actually looking for the trafficators.

Having graduated from bikes, I find it really appalling that the traffic in general in Chennai has degnerated so much that it is more or less based on intuitive driving than based on signalling of any kind.

Last edited by indivic : 16th October 2009 at 14:44.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:46   #163
BHPian

Default A nice car

A nice car from TATA. I had been to TATA showroom just yesterday and yes, it looks like a giant (nice) panda sitting there and making all other TATA cars look furious. If cars become living then am sure all other TATA models will have visual jealousy towards this one. Give excuse to FIAT cars.
Boot: Very big! as someone said, you can fit your in-laws in there
Front: looks pretty good
Internal space: As always good-very spacious

What I miss?
Top end model does not have indicators on mirror (just a 5-10 cm more wire will be required to take indicator over there since already they have indicators very close to ORVMS). Just because of this reason dont expect any future editions (anniversary, special) to have the same.
climate control on top end model.
halogens for top end. is it not that halogens will look nice with that head-light assembly?
I dont think these features will add much more cost? or does it?
Old 16th October 2009, 14:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

Wondering if there'll be a Marina Manza as well, now that the hatch and the sedan have been launched ?
Old 16th October 2009, 15:00   #165
Senior - BHPian

[quote=indivic;1535254]I would rather have it in a place more common (as in the usual place) and avoid body damage than to have it a place where you would have to look for in the first place. Not that the bikers are actually looking for the trafficators. quote]
Well, I did not mean bikers would look for it. If these were part of OVRM and get banged by the bikers (And you are from Chennai and you would sure know better) and one has to pay through nose to replace.

This is not a usual location, but when the lights are blinking sure one tend to see it, especially in nights.
Closed Thread